Bianca Balti (October 2004 - March 2010) - Page 41 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
15-10-2005
V.I.P.

this topic is actually more absurd than the gemma ward is the new kate moss topic. hahaha but like that one, interesting nonetheless

i say no, not even close. i dont think anyone is the next linda, simply because linda is a SUPERmodel from a different generation, when supermodels ruled the world, as that silly special on VH1 says. she, christy, and naomi were the shiznit, celebs in their own right. they had definite star power. out of the trinity, linda is most certainly my favorite and imo the most versatile. comparing bianca balti to linda, especially at this point in bianca's career...i'm going to have to go with a big fat no. i think bianca has great bone structure, and she has done a lot of campaigns and whatnot this season, but i dont feel that she will be anything close to what linda was (and is)...to be honest, i dont even think bianca will reach the heights of daria or gemma...so certainly i dont think she's the next linda.

MONAJ.NET IS BACK: updated May 19
twitter.com/beyondrecovery

15-10-2005
tfs star

I will give Bianca 2 seasons more and she'll eclipse Daria. Gemma? Is she even still hot?

15-10-2005
V.I.P.

Bianca is one of my favourites, and I'm sure she'll just keep getting more work as time goes on, but I think don't think this comparison holds. She's not the "next" anyone. She's the "first" Bianca, if that makes sense

15-10-2005
tfs star

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
what is the world coming to, the minute is saw her i said no, and my only memory was from lanvin and she was so obnoxious, no way

15-10-2005
V.I.P.

Never.

16-10-2005
gromosexual

her lips limit her, imo

16-10-2005
V.I.P.

She'll at least go to VS status. Exceptionally but conventionally beautiful, not disgustingly skinny. Now that will bank some bucks. And her lips are a thumbs up!

I was hoping for Stam to be the next Linda though, mainly because of the Canadian citizenship, the striking eyes and the hair colour ambiguity.

16-10-2005
scenester

Nah, I don't think Bianca is that great. As far as Linda goes I never quite liked her, kinda overrated if you ask me.

I think Eugenia Volodina is far better than both.

16-10-2005
scenester

Linda Evangelista is unique, no one can be like Linda, I also think it's an absurd thread.

16-10-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffany
Bianca is one of my favourites, and I'm sure she'll just keep getting more work as time goes on, but I think don't think this comparison holds. She's not the "next" anyone. She's the "first" Bianca, if that makes sense
I agree with tiffany. If Bianca is going to be a supermodel she has to be the first 'Bianca'. She has to be totally different from any other model.This is why Linda, Kate etc were stars, because they were unique. Bianca definitely has the potential to become a supermodel IMO

16-10-2005
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by PussyLee
I will give Bianca 2 seasons more and she'll eclipse Daria. Gemma? Is she even still hot?
Now, that's funny! Gemma isn't going to fade. Last year I thought she would - but that girl is one of the best posers ever. They are actually perfect complements, Daria and Gemma.

Bianca will have to prove herself. I love some of her editorials and she has that Sophia Loren thing working for her - and those bewitching eyes and that unimitable elegance (very similar to Linda in the two last respects), but her facial structure is not optimally photogenic - especially not for tans (as her latest campaigns, save Missoni, have shown). Not like Linda's.

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 16-10-2005 at 05:39 AM.

16-10-2005
trendsetter

I agree with Tiffany too.... its stupid. If you have to compare Bianca to another greater model then she obviously isn't where you want her to be yet. A better idea would be to say Bianca, the next supermodel. Still a little early on though, and she had quite a few stong models that she has to beat down first. Technically I don't think even Gemma or Daria are at that Supermodel status, where non fashion people know who they are. But they are a LOT closer to it than most girls. Bianca will have to get up there before I even start considering the possibility

16-10-2005
In Bloom

Come on. The girl cant even close her mouth. I dont like her.

we were in love

16-10-2005
V.I.P.

i like her a lot, she´s beautiful and a great model.

16-10-2005
fashion insider

I think with time there is a possibility of her baking it big. Gemma is starting to bore me though..

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2004, 2010, balti, bianca, march, october