How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

15-09-2013
backstage pass

Do you guys think she could be as big as Kate Moss and influence an era? From what I see on the High Street and on teens - everyone is dressing like Cara. Was it always there and had jst been magnified? Topshop used to copy Kate , now it looks like Caras closet.

16-09-2013
backstage pass

^Totally think she could and she is even right now!

16-09-2013
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idyll View Post
Oh great, another tattoo.
Isn't this her fourth or fifth one since May? Seems like a little much, no offense to tattoo lovers.

16-09-2013
V.I.P.

backstage Mulberry S/S 2014 so cute

wwd, vogue

16-09-2013
V.I.P.

more backstage

vogue.it

16-09-2013
V.I.P.

US Vogue October 2013
Depth of Field
Photographer:
Karim Sadli
Stylist: Tonne Goodman
Model: Cara Delevingne
Make-Up: Val Garland
Hair: Odile Gilbert

fashionscansremastered.net

16-09-2013
V.I.P.

03.07.13 / The Face
Cara Delevingne

It's been a seriously big year for Cara Delevingne. Scratch that: it still is a seriously big year for Cara Delevingne. She came seemingly out of nowhere a couple seasons ago, and now you can't scroll through a fashion week street-style slideshow in the world without hitting a pic of her comely crossed-eyes (stuck-out tongue, optional). This season, she's walked in what seems like maybe every show and out-walked every other model (if you feel like tallying, go for it), which is not to mention the Burberry, Chanel, H&M, Dominic Jones, DKNY, Zara, Pepe Jeans, My Crazy Scrunchie, and Blumarine campaigns she's got under her belt. Or, you know, her covers of LOVE, Style.com/Print, Vogue UK, i-D, Russh, Jalouse, and Vogue Italia Beauty. What we're trying to say is: girl's been busy. We caught up with the 20-year-old Brit (who BuzzFeed dubbed "the Jennifer Lawrence of models") backstage at Stella McCartney:

"I turned twenty in August. Iím old! [Laughs] I started modeling when I was nearly eighteen so I've been doing it for three years. I was modeling for at least a year or two before anything happened, before I started booking showsóI was doing Asos in London and Clarkís, little tiny jobs just to make a little money to go traveling and act and stuff. In general, I want to act and I want to do music; I donít want to do this forever. **** no! [Laughs] I had a really small part in Anna Karenina. A lot of people said they were shocked when they saw me in it, and I love that.

I have the most fun at shows when I am able to just be myself, having fun, joking around, just being cheeky and myself. Usually, at shows Iím kind of acting and trying to be a certain type of woman that the designer wants. Iím actually better at being other people than myself, I think. I donít know. Actually, thatís not true, the thing is when Iím doing this type of thing, I talk to people and the nervous energy just makes it so that I canít stop speaking. Itís what I do in auditions; I get really scared and I just talk, talk, talk. Itís a nightmare. My friend calls me Chatty Cathy.

I literally sleep anywhere. At home in my bed, at the shows getting my makeup done, wherever. I sleep standing up. Iíve just developed narcolepsy now; itís really weird. I definitely didnít have it when I was youngeróI always had insomniaóbut now I can just kind of pass out. If I were sitting in this chair for longer, I would pass out right here. Iím so ready to go on holidayóI really want to go to the Dead Sea. But itís been an amazing, amazing season and Iím so lucky to do the shows Iím doing. Everything is just really crazy: London was too much. Well, not too much, but so many shows. Four shows a day, and in-between all of that, getting mobbed by people... Fans are amazing, and London is where Iím fromóand English kids, you know, just understand each otheróso London is where I have the biggest base, I guess.

I think itís the relationships that Iíve made [that have helped my career a lot]. Katie [Grand, editor in chief of LOVE] will hire me because weíre good friends; we work really well together. When I do shoots and when I do shows, you see me being crazy, you see me being fun, and everyoneís like, ĎHow the hell can she model?í but when I do it, I am very professionalóI donít really seem like the most professional person, but when Iím working I take it very seriously. Itís a job and itís a part, a character. When Iím on set, Iím in that kind of mode. Itís different.

Iím tiny for runway! Iím 5í8Ē or 5í7Ē. I have no clue how I worked around it, to be honest. Still, it dependsóa lot of people still tell me that Iím too short. Itís one of the biggest problems that I have to face, being too small. And whatever, they can decide that, but I donít think height matters. I think it matters how you look in the clothes and how you pull them off."

óas told to ITG

Cara Delevingne photographed by Emily Weiss in Paris on March 4th, 2013.
Source: intothegloss.com

16-09-2013
tfs star

I actually really like the Vogue editorial! It's nice to see her softer side. Thanks for posting.

16-09-2013
backstage pass

Yeah, baby, she's got it
Styled by Christine Centenera.
Photographed by David Bailey.

pdf-giant.com

16-09-2013
backstage pass

Queen Cara
Styled by Christine Centenera.
Photographed by Benny Horne.

and

pdf-giant.com

16-09-2013
backstage pass

Happy to see Cara back on the runway for Marc Jacobs, Mulberry and Topshop! Hope to see her at more shows!

16-09-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOYD View Post
Do you guys think she could be as big as Kate Moss and influence an era? From what I see on the High Street and on teens - everyone is dressing like Cara. Was it always there and had jst been magnified? Topshop used to copy Kate , now it looks like Caras closet.
i think people will get bored of her rather quickly.

16-09-2013
V.I.P.

its a nice cover but her tatoos are kinda disturbing…

16-09-2013
backstage pass

In the ITG interview she said that she's 5'7 or 5'8 and in Vogue they say she's 1.76 - the fashion industry has an obsession with height, can't she just be a short girl who made it big,

16-09-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOYD View Post
I don't know..teenagers of today are not the same of the 90's when Kate Moss had her boom..Kate started in the 90's and established her style-icon status in the mid 2000's (her style at festivals etc) also thanks to the global media new era. Plus: her influence hook a LOT of people of different ages, not only the youngest.
Today it's more like a quick, constant mix and match..everything is consumed in a very fast way.
Cara is partly known also by people outside fashion world, but I don't think young people think at her as a symbol like Kate..maybe only English boys and girls..btw Cara has a great media and cultural potential.

Last edited by AlbertNoir; 16-09-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, 2014, august, cara, delevingne, february