How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

02-09-2012
V.I.P.

TFS MOST VIEWED MODELS - MAY TO AUGUST 2012

made by tlg00

02-09-2012
fashion elite

"British Fashion Council" (23/02/11)

twilight.vsibiri.net

flickr/badsilence

03-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebiscuits View Post
^That's actually my gif, I posted it here ages ago: http://modellove.tumblr.com/post/18929964563
Oh sorry!! Just saw it on mdc and didn't think I'd seen it before

03-09-2012
fashion insider

WOAH. Can we all just stop for a second to appreciate the mind-blowing amazingness of the drawings in 197 and 198? The likeness is perfect, that person is an incredible artist!

Also, I loooove her dress on 295, the last two pics, does anyone know where it's from? I'm desperate to know!

And I was so looking forward to seeing Anna Karenina and now I know she's in it (a small role of course) I'm even more excited!

Last edited by LuellaLuella; 03-09-2012 at 05:20 PM.

03-09-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DariaDeva View Post
Cara's Interview for Vogue Brasil HERE, could somebody translate it please, it would mean a lot
When you sit in front of Cara Delevingne, it's impossible not to praise her eyebrows, thick, dark and striking. "I got extensions", she said, seriously. "No!", she explains, between laughs, saying some people believe jokingly that she does with some frequency. In Brazil for the party for the launch of the project Art of the Trench of Burberry - and for an exclusive editorial for Vogue Brazil, photgraphed between Rio and Sao Paulo - she says she spent the entire morning doing her eyebrows, her signature amongst the models of the fashion industry. "I don't let anyone touch them but one time I went to do them out of my home and they were absolutely horrible. I always hated my eyebrows, because people took the mickey out of me at school. So then my mum took me to this American woman, well-known for doing the eyebrows of famous people, and we three sat down until they had convinced me that they weren't ugly. And now I like them." Thankfully. Read below more of the interview of the young British model.

Have you already been to Brazil?
It's my third time in Brazil, I've already been twice at New Year's in Rio. The first time, I stayed next to a slum, in the place of an English guy called Bob, who receives very good students from all around the world [either that or 'who has been all over the world']. After, I stayed in a flat near Botafogo - and now I'm in the Fasano, on a trip very different to the ones I've already done. Before I spent the entire day on the beach, and crazy nights at Lapa...

And what made you return to Brazil?
I love Brazilians. I think the friends I've made here are ones I'm going to keep forever. There's something very cosy and kind in Brazilians. In two weeks in Rio, I stayed on the beach the whole day, and passed the nights at Lapa and learned more Portuguese than any other language [woo!].

What can you say in Portuguese?
"Hey, boss!", "My name is Cara", "Sorry". Ah, and I know how to say things I love too: "cheese bread [which is amazing]", "not sure what this is but google translate says 'white lightning'"...

If you weren't a model, what would you be doing on a Thursday afternoon like this one?
With luck, I'd be acting, because it's something I always wanted to do. I'm in a film that comes out in September; a version of Anna Karenina, by Tolstoy. My part is small, of a princess who is the enemy of Keira Knightley (who plays the main role), in the film. I was very scared to do my first film, and it was very lovely. And the director, Joe Wright, is a genius.

Did you sister, the fashionista Poppy Delevingne, influence your introduction to fashion?
No, but my sister is the best person in the world. She knows loads of people, and so anyone I meet says: 'I love your sister', which is great because it ends up opening more doors for me. At the same time, sometimes I have the urge to say 'Hello, I'm not the sister of Poppy, I'm Cara'.

This is part one - it's so late now so I'll do part two when I can! Karma is welcome

03-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuellaLuella View Post
Did you sister, the fashionista Poppy Delevingne, influence your introduction to fashion?
No, but my sister is the best person in the world. She knows loads of people, and so anyone I meet says: 'I love your sister', which is great because it ends up opening more doors for me. At the same time, sometimes I have the urge to say 'Hello, I'm not the sister of Poppy, I'm Cara'.

This is part one - it's so late now so I'll do part two when I can! Karma is welcome
The way she talks about her sister is so nice!! Aww

03-09-2012
fashion elite

Thank you so much LuellaLuella! Karma on your way
Thanks a lot

04-09-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
The delectable @caradelevingne in the Love / Marc Jacobs #LFNO special edition T Shirt

twitter/THELOVEMAGAZINE

04-09-2012
fashion elite

dohlee

04-09-2012
fashion elite

terrysdiary

04-09-2012
front row

The Love/Marc Jacobs shot are perfection! She is so stunning.

04-09-2012
fashion elite

Today Cara will go to Premieres of Anna Karenina. I hope, she played well her role

04-09-2012
fashion insider

Haha, thank you :p

Part two:

And your wardrobe, does she influence it?
I've stolen a lot of clothes from her - but, shhhh!, don't tell her that. All the women in my family wear the same size shoe, which is perfect, but it's bad for me, because all of the shoes end up in my wardrobe or on the feet of my friends. My style is made up of jeans and a t-shirt, so I like shoes like Louboutins, which aren't comfortable, but make a simple look sexy.

What is the item that you have the most of?
Guitars and trainers - I love music and I play the drums too, as well as guitar. I had more guitars before, I bought them because I found them pretty. Now I've got six [six!] that are really great. As for the trainers [sneakers for you Americans] I collect - I have more than 50, like Nike, Adidas and Reebok, and loads of limited editions that I keep in a separate wardrobe [closet], made just for them.

Beyond this, you seem to collect followers on Instagram: 52 thousand!
Yes. I've had it since a year ago, when I didn't have so many followers.

Through this, we've seen that Azealia Banks is among your favourite musicians and best friends.
I love rap a lot and Azealia Banks is the best. Her style reminds me of female rappers from the past, and we're in a period where there aren't many female rappers. She's an inspiration, because she did it all on her own. She didn't sell out, she didn't enter a label and accept what they wanted her to be. She takes samples [?] of her fans, she's not that type like 'Hey, I want to be famous'.

Brazilian fans and fashionistas eagerly await her show here...I know, in October! She told me she would go and said I should come too. So I'll go. She'll f*cking love it! [That part was in English, I'm not sure if that means Cara said it..] (ANTONIA PETTA)

vogue.globo.com

Last edited by LuellaLuella; 04-09-2012 at 02:04 PM.

04-09-2012
fashion elite

Thanks again that you spent part of your time!

04-09-2012
fashion insider

No problem

First look at her outfit!

twitter.com/BritishVogue

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, cara, delevingne, january, june