How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

07-05-2012
V.I.P.

Rodarte S/S 2012

facebook/Team Trentini

07-05-2012
backstage pass

^isn't that from fitting for s/s campaign? i saw similar pics with lindsey, nimue, karlie..

Last edited by kostadinka; 07-05-2012 at 05:58 PM.

07-05-2012
scenester

Were any HQs posted of Carol at the 2010 Met Gala?

07-05-2012
goodbye kiss

MET GALA 2012

wireimage via ladygodiva

Okay, the dress is pretty, but didn't like the hair & makeup, they could have shaken her look up, it looks a bit dull...

07-05-2012
V.I.P.

I think the whole look is a bit too safe? The dress is beautiful, yes, but both hair and make-up are so boring. She still looks pretty though.

07-05-2012
goodbye kiss

One more, with Olivier

daylife.com via mistress f

07-05-2012
backstage pass

Met Gala2012

bfanyc madame-deficit

08-05-2012
front row

At the Met Gala with Olivier Theyskens.

vogue.com

08-05-2012
backstage pass

This is one of the few MET looks I actually like!

12-05-2012
V.I.P.

facebook/Team Trentini

12-05-2012
V.I.P.

She looked pretty as always at the Met, but cant say the dress did too much for me. I wouldve loved to see her in that yellow floral Rodarte dress shes wearing at the top of the page, thats one of my fav looks on her ever, wouldve been so fresh and lovely on the carpet

13-05-2012
V.I.P.

Met Gala 2012 prep via Carol's twitter

http://intothegloss.com/2012/05/oliv...ines-met-prep/

13-05-2012
V.I.P.

Hmm.. I love the dress but hair and make up could have been better, it's a tad bit boring.

13-05-2012
tfs star

^

Quote:
“My attitude toward evening [dressing] is a little bit weird now,” Olivier Theyskens confessed yesterday afternoon. “I don’t believe it’s nice to wear something that is too traditional. But a couture thing with a fresh attitude, that looks really modern? Yes.” Theyskens is standing in the music room of painter (and friend) Ron Ferry’s aerie off Fifth Avenue—the former home of Museum of Modern Art co-founder Lillie P. Bliss—and the evening being pondered is, appropriately, the annual MET Costume Institute gala. His date is longtime muse Caroline Trentini, fresh off her honeymoon in Bali. The pair hadn’t been apart for very long: the model’s wedding dress was a love affair between the two, from initial fittings in New York to final tweaks before she walked down the aisle. It was during that process that Theyskens popped the question, “Will you be my MET date?” The answer, naturally, was yes.

The duo agreed on softly shaded makeup and an easy (but “super chic”) up-do to compliment the “tee shirt-y” feel of her one-of-a-kind Theyskens’ Theory washed denim dress. Hairstylist Jordan M relied on a ¾ inch curling iron (“I’m in love with this size; you can do everything with it—from Brigitte Bardot to beach curls”) and Bumble Thickening Hairspray to give Trentini’s long blond hair some movement and hold, but left the final arrangement to the model herself. “Last year, a hairstylist put some product in, and said, ‘Just tie your hair.’ Sometimes it looks the best when you do it yourself—you know your own head shape.” Theyskens’ signature mane got a quick freshening up with Prep spray, a paddle brush, and a blast of hot air, the designer’s only request being, “Just give it some shine.”

NARS makeup artist Cindy Rodriguez “worked off the subtle 1920’s wave in the hair, and the bejeweled top” from Trentini’s look, focusing on textural eye shadows and an emphasized brow. “Makeup is about balance. I didn’t place color on the entirety of the brow,” she said, alternately brushing single shadows in Blondie, Bali and Coconut Grove through for a natural look. Lids took on a finger-painted, three-dimensional quality with a base coat of cream shadow in Corfu, followed by a layer of Nepal and “topped off with a little Portobello, keeping the shape rounder and a bit diffused—truer to that 1920’s smoky eye.”

With ten minutes to go, Trentini slipped a tube of Gold Digger lip gloss into her clutch and retrieved a pair of well-worn Louboutins from her carry-all. Theyskens, taking one last sip of champagne, nodded his head in approval: “That’s the best choice, you know? To have shoes you know are comfortable.” Rules to live by, for any formal occasion.
intothegloss

17-05-2012
V.I.P.

gente.ig.com.br

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, caroline, july, march, trentini