How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-02-2013
front row

No way

omg. i am so excited for this

14-02-2013
rising star

Wow. That's taken her a long time. How old is she now? Wasn't she 16 when she was on Ausntm? I hope she's matured in her attitude, I still remember the rude facebook comments she made when she went to Paris / IMG back then...

15-02-2013
front row

I think she seems really committed this time and motherhood has helped her mature more..

She is in London right now!

facebook - Cassi van den Dungen Fan Page

Last edited by Ruspat; 15-02-2013 at 04:47 AM.
15-02-2013
fashion icon

GO CASSI!

trendsetter

Goosebumps! I'm so looking forward her first show!

15-02-2013
fashion elite

OMG i feel like she's 100% committed! This is it! It's Cassi moment

V.I.P.

Born superstar

15-02-2013
V.I.P.

omg i'm gonna cry of happiness lmao ^ i have been waiting for this moment for so long! i wonder what show will snap her up?

V.I.P.

I must admit, I'm fascinated by the Cassi saga as well, but there's still that level of apprehension I'm feeling a little more confident right now though! I really hope she pulls through. Her legs are so tiny by the way...

front row

She may be doing something in London involving Aussie designer Dion Lee?

theres a photo of her in this article http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ent...-1226579100221

fashion icon

Cassi in london? I'm so happy for her because i waited for this day so much.

16-02-2013
front row

Backstage at Dion Lee F/W 13.14 LFW

yemisul instagram

front row

I have waited so long for this I hope Dion Lee isn't the only show she does in London. Please let her show up in Paris.

16-02-2013
front row

there's an article on Frockwriter.com about her......

Quote:
[frockwriter]

Cassi van den Dungen makes her move

Cassi van den Dungen fans will no doubt be thrilled to hear that the next instalment of the Cassi saga is.... she just made her international runway debut at London Fashion Week, walking for Australian fashion star Dion Lee in the International Woolmark Prize show overnight. Lee lost out to Belgium's Christian Wijnants, but the whole exercise was a fantastic promotional opportunity for Lee and all the other contestants, not to mention van den Dungen, who strutted her stuff in front of a prestigious judging panel headed up by no less than Diane von Furstenberg, Donatella Versace and Vogue Italia editor Franca Sozzani.

A lot of water has passed under the bridge since the Australia's Next Top Model Cycle 5 runner-up famously snubbed contracts with Priscillas and Elite New York to sign with Helena Vitolins at the Work Agency in Sydney. Then there was the ill-fated Paris Fashion Week trip three years ago, which saw van den Dungen miss out from the Balenciaga exclusive that she was originally flown over for. Beyond that disappointment, there was of course the blowup over her Facebook comments about her dealings with the French (which made London's Times newspaper).

Motherhood has of course intervened in the interim, along with a hell of a lot of solid Australian fashion work. Now still just 20 years of age, it seems van den Dungen is finally ready to make that international move. A fortnight ago, she changed international agents, moving to Next Models in New York, Paris and Milan and Premiere in London. Three years ago, as some may recall, she was momentarily placed with IMG Models in Paris.

Travelling without her partner and 18 month-old baby Drake, just one of her Australian agents, van den Dungen arrived in London on Thursday. Among other appointments, she has already met with Katie Grand at Love magazine.

Next van den Dungen heads straight to Paris where, according to Vitolins, there has been significant interest, including some offers of exclusives - which Vitolins declined.

"As an agent, you have to make some decisions for girls" Vitolins told frockwriter. "I felt that Paris was the place to put her energies - it's an important launching pad. I really feel that Cassi is a working model now. She's ready, she's focussed and she's committed to doing the show season. I think it's important for her to not do [just] one show. She's got more chance of doing campaigns and editorials if she sees as many people as possible. Just before she left she shot a Dion Lee Woolmark campaign [above] and a lookbook for Zimmermann, as well as 16 pages with Will Davidson for Australian Vogue [April issue]. She's doing well and the thing is, she's grown up".

We wish her all the best.
I am so excited for her!

front row

OH WOW, impressive Cassi, is this her first time in Vogue Australia ?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cassi, den, dungen, van