How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-04-2011
fashion icon

Balenciaga? That would have been massive. Its a shame that she had to ruin it, I don't think Balenciaga ever going to give her a second chance . Imagine if she did the show, she could have been walking in other major shows, blue chip campaigns and appearing in international versions of Vogue
Posted via Mobile Device

30-04-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpledinosaurxo View Post
I believe threads are allowed to have different opinions I am just stating my opinion

Cassi does not seen determined, if she was willing to become successful she would have taken the contract with Elite and would not have made a fool of herself in Paris. You cannot compare the likes of Jourdan, Natalia and Arizona with Cassi
Posted via Mobile Device
exactly! she said she prefer to stay in australia to model I don't get why she turned down the contract from Priscilla's as well.

I think she made some bad decisions as a model.

30-04-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpledinosaurxo View Post
Balenciaga? That would have been massive. Its a shame that she had to ruin it, I don't think Balenciaga ever going to give her a second chance . Imagine if she did the show, she could have been walking in other major shows, blue chip campaigns and appearing in international versions of Vogue
Posted via Mobile Device
yeah... and if that eventuated, it would've been great for her fans to cheer about and great for her agency to brag about, but IMO Cassi was after money, not profile. I think she's fared much better financially by staying at home and landing the jobs she has. (that talk of "lucrative modeling contracts" is rubbish! - remember that $2 million dollar contract! - this was sensationalistic bullsh*t that was most likely instigated by a newspaper - the one that's owned by the the same media company that's also a financial backer of the Oz NTM show!)
Good for you Cassi! I wish you all the best in whatever YOU want to do with your life.

01-05-2011
V.I.P.

exactly - it's her life.

and who cares if she declined the initial offer from priscillas? work agency has been incredible with her: she's had a constant flow of work, clients love her, and she's been making good bank. if she now wants to get married, have a family and she's doing what's making her happy, then who are you to complain?

anyway i was looking at some old pics of laetitia casta and, while it might just be me, all i could see was cassi

http://oi56.tinypic.com/2wn6b0n.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DndzP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/u6qMR.jpg

windowshopping

So glad she made some poor decisions. Still one of the most vulgar models I have ever come across. I'm glad all the money and effort these agencies were considering wasting on her was actually put to good use on more deserving girls.

01-05-2011
fashion elite

omg @ the discarded balenciaga exclusive.. this girl!!!

01-05-2011
front row

we are not really complaining. my own way of saying she is such a waste. she could have been massive.

01-05-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitawful View Post
Still one of the most vulgar models I have ever come across.
oh please
have you ever even met/worked with her?

(ftr, i've met cassi at fittings/shows, and she was nothing but nice.)

V.I.P.

WHAT a baby?!? I mean good for her but ugh a million girls would kill for her opportunity...

01-05-2011
tfs star

Give her a break! She is still very young!

Btw, congrats on the baby! So happy for her. Love you Cassi!

01-05-2011
trendsetter

I don't find the pregnancy surprising. She's made no bones about her priority being to settle down with her fianc which is exactly what she's doing.

Exclusives fall through all the time and I wasn't under the impression that her outburst was the reason why it did, right? Although I was always curious about what other opportunities would have been available to her if she had kept her mouth shut, if not that season but the next.

But after all that, she still has been landing some great work in Australia and she gets to stay close to home which is what she wants. I don't think that this has to (or will) be the end of her career as she has no aspirations to work internationally.

02-05-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Less than 24 hours after we reported that Cassi van den Dungen would not be appearing at next weeks Rosemount Australian Fashion Week because she is four months pregnant, there have been a couple of developments. Upon learning the real reason why van den Dungen was mysteriously unavailable for runway bookings this season, frockwriter can reveal that earlier today, Alex Perry attempted to fly her up to walk in his show tomorrow morning. Perry, who cast van den Dungen in his Cuban Princess show at last months Melbourne Fashion Festival (above) and spoke to her agent this morning, has been told that van den Dungen is in fact five months along. She wont open it, but weve used her in shows before and I think shes a really beautiful girl said Perry this morning. Shes five months pregnant. Shes probably not showing much. But even if she is, shes still beautiful. Miranda walked for Balenciaga and she was fully pregnant. We won't be seeing van den Dungen tomorrow, however, because Perry's plans have been nixed by OK! magazine, which bought the exclusive rights to the pregnancy story and won't release her from a contract which precludes any public engagements until May 14th.

It's understandable that OK! wanted to protect its exclusive. However the magazine broke the story on Friday, the news is now in the public domain and OK! still has the only interview. In it, van den Dungen says that she hopes her critics react positively to the news. "I need people's support" she tells OK!. Shame she can't take Perry up on the offer.

Perry, an Australias Next Top Model judge, has not always been so supportive of van den Dungens life choices.

As we reported back in 2009, the designer joined fellow ANTM judge Charlotte Dawson on Facebook to slam van den Dungens decision to turn down the Priscillas and Elite contracts after coming runnerup the Cycle 5 competition.

But apparently there are no hard feelings.

Shes proved herself as far as Im concerned" says Perry. "The Paris thing didnt work out but that could just be an age thing. At 20 or 21 she might be a different girl. At the live [ANTM] finale, I said to her I want you to be the one who wins. Shes been in a relationship for three years. Who is anyone to judge?
frockwriter

rising star

Oh so she sold her story to magazine, interesting.

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucer-like View Post
I don't find the pregnancy surprising. She's made no bones about her priority being to settle down with her fianc which is exactly what she's doing.

Exclusives fall through all the time and I wasn't under the impression that her outburst was the reason why it did, right? Although I was always curious about what other opportunities would have been available to her if she had kept her mouth shut, if not that season but the next.

But after all that, she still has been landing some great work in Australia and she gets to stay close to home which is what she wants. I don't think that this has to (or will) be the end of her career as she has no aspirations to work internationally.

I think most people know that it was her outbursts were the reason Paris did not work out and that she has not been back.

fashion elite

^It's not confirmed though is it? Maybe she had the outburst because Balenciaga fell though.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cassi, den, dungen, van