How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

26-10-2010
front row

I'm thinking it may be a little shorter than that ed as she had the back of her head shaved recently. It may be one of those cuts that needs to grow out a little first

28-10-2010
An die Freude.

Quote:
Bob's your uncle: Catherine McNeil also gets the chop

Yes that’s a wig that Catherine McNeil is sporting in this Vogue Australia September 2010 editorial, above. But apparently the world #12 liked the look so much, she’s gone and had it replicated. Well, kind of. By all accounts, McNeil's new do is not a "long, choppy" Abbey Lee Kershaw bob, aka a "Kob", but a bob nonetheless and black to boot. There is as yet no hard photographic evidence beyond a bunch of Facebook photos and the shot, below, published on October 21st on the blog of McNeil’s model mate Stephanie Carta, together with the caption, “Yesterday kitty cut her locks off, Sorry, died them black! Meow”. Not even McNeil’s Sydney-based mother agency was up with her hair news when we enquired earlier this week. But after days of buzz on model forums, Stephen Lee at McNeil’s New York agency Next finally confirmed the earth-shattering news to frockwriter overnight: yes, McNeil has definitely cut her hair. Lee added that McNeil has been enjoying a month’s break of “total normality” from the modelling business.

"It's nice to be able to see how a short break from the business can rejuvenate and revitalize that spark that everyone, no matter what their business, needs" said Lee.

That’s a second break, presumably, after McNeil already took some time off from the world’s runways late last year and then began to make a return at New York Fashion Week in September, only to mysteriously disappear off the Spring/Summer 2011 circuit in London.

Perhaps McNeil was also inspired by the deluge of publicity that followed the recent decisions by compatriot and Chic/Next stablemate Kershaw to not only cut her hair, but later dye it platinum blond. In a business that's all about 'the look', a new haircut could be a great career move.

frockwriter.blogspot.com + cartaisback.blogspot.com

28-10-2010
front row

haha taking a break from.. taking a break....

Thank you Patty, I knew she'd confirm it for us (and candle )

28-10-2010
front row

I can't wait to see a clear picture of her new do!

28-10-2010
An die Freude.

Quote:
BLACK CAT
Yesterday frockwriter mentioned that Australian supermod Catherine McNeil had just undergone a rather dramatic change of hair and is now sporting a short black bob. Well here are the first images of said do, courtesy McNeil's New York agency Next Model Management. This is all Next would release, ditto the only other info: that it was cut/coloured by "a friend". Which may be code for McNeil's hair having been done on a recent job that has yet to be unveiled. Just as her fellow Aussie and Chic/Next stablemate Abbey Lee Kershaw recently had her hair cut by Chanel's beauty team during the shooting of the Fall/Winter 2010/2011 campaign. It's an interesting look for McNeil. Almost a little Beatle-esque.

frockwriter.blogspot.com

28-10-2010
In Bloom

Awesome!

we were in love

28-10-2010
backstage pass

lol she looks hot and everything but ... taking a break from what? Her little vegan restaurant aspirations? k lol
Girl I love you and will always be a loyal fan but lawd have mercy @ this big mess of a career.

28-10-2010
Black Ice

I don't like the black. But I don't care because I love her haha x

"Girl's got rhythm.."

28-10-2010
rising star

I'm kinda excited !!

28-10-2010
fashion elite

Quote:
it was cut/coloured by "a friend". Which may be code for McNeil's hair having been done on a recent job that has yet to be unveiled.
And I thought I was delusional when it came to Cat and her career.

28-10-2010
tfs star

Not what I was expecting but I like it. Cant wait to see how it translates to eds)

28-10-2010
front row

omg she looks like a 14 year old trying to be emo for the first time

28-10-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom View Post
Not what I was expecting but I like it. Cant wait to see how it translates to eds)

I can hardly tell what it looks like from those pics.

28-10-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCFS View Post
omg she looks like a 14 year old trying to be emo for the first time
BA-HAHAHAH!!!

I don't think this look is right for her... her problem was never her hair, it was her attitude!
I kinda had a hope that maybe she would do VSFS this year (don't stone me!!! haha) but not now with this new look

28-10-2010
backstage pass

^ No I agree, VSFS would have been good. But not anymore And I also agree she looks like a 13 year old emo kind. Oh Cat!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2011, april, catherine, june, mcneil