How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

02-01-2011
front row

Bogan.

02-01-2011
trendsetter

Hopefully its just a phase.

02-01-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by parisia View Post
Bogan.
That is just plain offensive and bitchy. She just needs to lay off the booze, the salt and sugar for a while is all.

02-01-2011
trendsetter

I actually just looked up that word and I have to echo Yendor's sentiments. That was uncalled for.

02-01-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam12 View Post
I actually just looked up that word and I have to echo Yendor's sentiments. That was uncalled for.
LOL. I disagree.

02-01-2011
less is more

There are a lot more offensive words than bogan. Some Australians would actually refer to themselves as that word affectionately, as Cat herself did.

Looks like all those who were hoping for a comeback after the recent Vogue Aus cover may be hoping in vain. Does anyone know when the Vogue Aus stuff was actually shot? It would be interesting to know...

I think Cat could actually make short hair work, as Thanatos demonstrated. But she needs the cheekbones she had when she began on the international runways. I think that naturally her face tends to be more full, so the longer hair helped complement that.

03-01-2011
fashion icon

I am australian, and the bogan comment is definitely not offensive. I agree with parisia's comments, As an Australian I find it pretty funny. rox_yr_sox is right, you can't look it up on urban dictionary and act like you fully understand it. I use the term 'bogan' a lot, it is part of the Australian sense of humor. Us Australians are relaxed when it comes to the use of the word, we are not serious about it. What Catherine has done is very 'bogan', Cutting her hair and her attitude is like she is giving the fashion industry a 2 fingered salute, she should be ashamed. I feel sorry for VA for trying to relaunch her career (for the billionth time), when she is not even taking it seriously. I do not see how she is ever going to go back to the way she was, her career is over. She should just leave her agency, and fashion industry for good, then she can go live her life the way she wants to and go party

Last edited by Purpledinosaurxo; 03-01-2011 at 03:04 AM.

03-01-2011
fashion elite

I'm also Australian and I would be offended if someone called me a bogan....it's a pretty gross term!

04-01-2011
front row

I'm from Australia and I would much rather the cover be a fresh face rather than some probably very old photos of Catherine. V.A. in my eyes is notorious for bad covers and rehashed photos so I'm not surprised she got the cover. In saying that, inside are some stunning photos of her.

Catherine is my favourite model apart from Sasha P, always has been but it doesn't seem like she wants it. And she doesn't have to. Her life. I just wish she or the editors would make up their minds.

Last edited by MulletProof; 04-01-2011 at 10:08 PM. Reason: edited quote.

04-01-2011
fashion icon

100% agreed She is very indecisive of what she wants to do. Catherine is one of my all time faves, it hurts me to see her not booking decent work anymore.

This is all like when Gemma Ward was at the end of her career, exact same situation

Everyone is going to have differing opinions, and whether they are positive or negative, they should be respected

Last edited by MulletProof; 04-01-2011 at 10:08 PM. Reason: abuse of fonts | removed quote.

04-01-2011
V.I.P.

Moderator's Note: Disrespectful commentary against other members and/or Catherine McNeil is not be tolerated on tFS. Please make the effort to state your opinion maturely or refrain from posting comments that you feel may be offensive to others. Further off-topic/rude posts will be removed and may result in account suspension.

Thank you.

05-01-2011
An die Freude.

more pictures: http://frockwriter.blogspot.com/2011...eety-bird.html

05-01-2011
fashion elite

Maybe she'll be in the next issue of Love.

twitter.com/THELOVEMAGAZINE

05-01-2011
In Bloom

No no no no...

we were in love

05-01-2011
fashion elite

Cat's dropped to 24 on MDC.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2011, april, catherine, june, mcneil