How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

15-09-2011
fashion elite

It's baffling that she couldn't book a single show.

15-09-2011
trendsetter

I have a conspiracy theory.
Maybe Cat was never going to walk at all. Maybe someone leaked the Rag&Bone pic to build up hype so she could have a stellar Milan/Paris season.

May be far fetched but hey, you never know...

15-09-2011
scenester

Im really surprised, i know she hasnt been around for a while but i still expected her to book some shows. She has literally booked nothing, its worrying for her "comeback"

15-09-2011
fashion elite

She went to the Reed Krakoff casting and she didn't get that either so I assume she's been going to castings all week and no one's wanted her.

15-09-2011
V.I.P.

oh please, it's really impossible, even hypothetically,
if she was really going to all the castings she'd get a few shows for sure,
she's catherine fcking mcneil!

15-09-2011
French Chic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
It's baffling that she couldn't book a single show.
Her whole career is quite baffling to me tbh.
I think there is a lesson to be learnt here.

15-09-2011
scenester

I dont think its been managed to well, at the Reed Krakoff photo card was from nearly 3 years ago. and even her London show card is some thrown together pola's.

16-09-2011
tfs star

It's just that she didn't stay relevant with clients, and left did her own thing, and came back with tattoos, and I guess her looks they're not too please with. How could she open Hugo Boss yet not walk in a single NYFW show.

16-09-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by abul View Post
she's catherine fcking mcneil!
I suppose she felt the same way as well, which was why she could've believed that squandering a few years wouldn't make a jot of difference, that she'd still be catherine fcking mcneil.

Well, her mistake of wasting few years has come home to roost. And honestly, what did everyone think? That she'd pop up and open a record number of shows? I doubt even Gemma Ward can do that. Fashion is fickle, and unless one is at the very top, one isn't indispensable.

It's really sad, because she was - and still is - a stonking gorgeous woman with loads of potential. She could've gone places - she could've been right up there with Freya and Abbey. It's really sad that she's now unable to even book shows. One may couch it in euphemisms, but her career looks moribund to me, unless there's a complete reversal of fortune and she does marvellously well in Europe. Which is unlikely, because it's usually the girls who do well in NY who go on to do well in Europe, barring those precious few top models who choose not to walk NY. It gives me absolutely no pleasure of schadenfreude in saying this. Because I like her - and still do. And I hope her career gets back on track. I'd rather see Catherine than the like of Daphne or Arizona or Lindsey on the catwalk or in editorials galore.

Last edited by pavonine; 16-09-2011 at 04:47 AM.

16-09-2011
front row

I hope she'll do more in Europe, but she could book some designers in London mainly because they don't give a **** about tattoos and things. And hopefully Givenchy will want her in Paris.

It's sad because she has obviously been making the effort going to castings etc.

16-09-2011
fashion elite

She's in London at least.

Quote:
luwalira Hassan Luwalira
Excellent #lfw kick off at Harry's of London where I met top model Catherine McNeil who has an amazingly tall presence.
twitter

16-09-2011
backstage pass

I wouldn't quite write off her comeback. It's still early yet, no? There have been girls in the past who disappeared then came back. Think Bridget Hall, who after her Ralph Lauren contract ended looked like she was going to be fashion roadkill. She's said she had to start completely from scratch and rebuild her career. It will take a lot of work and a change of attitude on Catherine's part. She really wants to want a career as a model and play the game. Doesn't mean she has to completely forget who she is as an individual but she's got to be willing to compromise and not consciously undermine herself with her decisions.

18-09-2011
front row

I agree. Yes New York was disappointing for Cat and all her loyal fans, but we still have London Paris and Milan to go! It's not over yet. Judging by her attitude she is determined to give her career a go. There are some obstacles for her, obviously with the tattoos and the hiatus, but I'm still crossing my fingers and my toes.

18-09-2011
tfs star

Yeah, I mean Anna Jagodinzska left for a couple of years, and had quite the comeback after two seasons back. Maybe it'll be the same with Catherine?

18-09-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kournikov View Post
Yeah, I mean Anna Jagodinzska left for a couple of years, and had quite the comeback after two seasons back. Maybe it'll be the same with Catherine?
Though Anna hadn't been extremely successful before she went away, her comeback was the highlight of her career. It appears Cat had already had her moment, then she decided to go away.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, catherine, december, june, mcneil