How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

10-06-2011
fashion elite

Catherine McNeil (June 2011 - December 2012)
Moderator's note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (e.g. in the old closed thread).
  • Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
  • Please do not power post e.g. make empty posts with no info/questions/images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • To view old thread(s) please use the search function.
  • This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here
Thank you.

Quote:
Well at least one mystery has been solved regarding Catherine McNeil - one of Australia's best-known modelling exports who has been on a bit of a self-imposed career hiatus for much of the past year and who, as it now emerges, also boasts New Zealand citizenship and travels on a Kiwi passport. The photo of McNeil that was Tweeted two days ago by Britain's Love magazine, together with the caption "Catherine McNeil is back!", was not part of any upcoming photoshoot for the magazine, but one of a handful of new digital shots of McNeil that have just been taken by McNeil's new New York management, Ford Models (curiously, the shot appears to have now been removed by Love). Here are the rest, supplied by Ford, which contacted us overnight for a little damage control, presumably not terribly happy with Timo Weiland's unfortunate Twitter shot of McNeil that we published yesterday. But while Love has yet to book her, newly-minted Ford Models agent Doll Wright tells frockwriter that McNeil has just shot 25 pages with a major photographer for a major international fashion title.

Wright declined to comment on the Weiland shot, in which McNeil is holding a beer bottle and her NZ passport, with a cigarette dangling from her lips. Wright was also unable to clarify whether McNeil is actually an Australian citizen or merely has permanent residency here.

But Wright did stress that McNeil has been "working really hard to get herself together. She's really determined. You can see what she looks like".

“She hasn’t shot Love or worked with [editor] Katie Grand yet" added Wright. "But we’re thrilled because obviously it shows that the support is still there. At the end of the day, the industry, at the level that’s she’s at and the calibre of people she has worked with, they respect her. Catherine McNeil is iconic for her generation. As a model, she will always be remembered for that and people at the top level of this business appreciate and respect the hard work that she’s put in for them. She’s worked her *** off for this business, she’s travelled the world non stop. On the back of Gemma Ward she helped put us on the map and maybe she had a moment where she wanted to take some time out.

"Life is a rollercoaster and these girls go through so much, they’re worked to the bone. Some burn out or fade out and are never heard of again. Or they do have some fire in their belly and they come back bigger and better than ever before. And in the case of Catherine McNeil, that’s what it’s going to be”.
frockwriter

Last edited by fadedcolours; 12-06-2011 at 08:22 AM.

11-06-2011
tfs star

Thrilling to even be discussing new work from MeowCat. Wondering if her mega ed is gonna drop in Sept? Cant even begin to guess which mag it's gonna be? Wondering if it's more towards Dazed or Vogue or somewhere in between?? And she really is looking fresh and glowing. The hiatus did her good. Viva McNeil.

12-06-2011
fashion icon

hoping we will see her on the runway for haute couture in paris this july!! )

12-06-2011
French Chic

^ Ermm with this look, I wouldn't be holding my breath for that.
I would be expected to see her in maybe Dazed & Confused or i-D or something else with some edge.

12-06-2011
-- aGGravaTion de caS --

she is looking stunning on these new pictures... can't wait to see her back now!

12-06-2011
V.I.P.

Nice pictures, she looks very good.

12-06-2011
fashion elite

I'm not sure if any Vogue magazine would have much interest in her right now, I was thinking V maybe. I think she could do couture if she wanted. At least shows like Givenchy and JPG who have always booked her and probably wouldn't mind the new look. But it is Cat we're talking about... oh and she's way too pretty to pull off that nose ring.

12-06-2011
fashion elite

I actually think the nose ring suits her... The magazine would probably be Numero or i-D.

12-06-2011
fashion insider

Love her tattoos

12-06-2011
fashion icon

well what a change ! she looks great

14-06-2011
-

she looks great! long hair, short hair, no hair anything would look great on Cat!

18-06-2011
tfs star

Thinking Numero sounds like a good guess for her first major comeback ed. Wonder if its the dynamic duo of Kadel and Cat?! He always gets such beautiful images of her. That would be such a treat. The waiting is the hardest part.

18-06-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverandnone View Post
she looks great! long hair, short hair, no hair anything would look great on Cat!

21-06-2011
V.I.P.

From Oui Management

facebook/Oui Management

21-06-2011
fashion elite

I've never heard of Oui before but to go from Next to this? I don't really know exactly how it all works but I'm not that hopeful.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, catherine, december, june, mcneil