How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-11-2013
V.I.P.

She's looking so good recently, particularly at the last two events!

21-11-2013
trendsetter

It kinda baffles me that everyone's immediate assumption is that VS didn't want/doesn't want any of the girls that don't work for them anymore. The contracts that most of these girls had locked them in to a point where they couldn't do much other work, whether it was due to the contract or just from scheduling. I'm inclined to believe that the professional freedom > being with that company especially when the majority of the shoots are with girls who haven't done as much outside of VS until maybe recently. It's easier to just work for them on a job-to-job basis than being obligated to shoot x amount of things for them but not be able to shoot other stuff due to a contract.

Not even just saying that about Chanel, but in general when it's talked about girls leaving VS/not getting renewed if it's someone generally not liked here/in the VS thread then they got fired but if it's a preferred model then they chose to not renew anyway, I'm glad things are starting to pop up and she has been looking real good lately.

fashion elite

I got the feeling that they were done with her because they didn't renew her contract and she hasn't walked a show since. Plus, she didn't shoot with them (to my knowledge) until very recently. Also, she got some of her best recent fashion work when she was an Angel (Elle cover, US Vogue feature, etc).

So, when you factor all of that in it seems that the spilt was not as smooth as both parties made it seem.

trendsetter

She missed the last show to do campaign work for the presidency, and this one she missed because she was in Australia. The show really isn't everything especially with the direction it has been going. I can only imagine which one of those dreadful Pink outfits she would have been slapped in. Besides, they wanted her for 2012 IIRC she was on the board of girls they wanted in.

IMO her best work was outside of that, the Elle collections editorial, the Wonderland spread. She does better on her own than bunched into some Angel crap, that cover that went to newsstands for Elle US was terrible, the subscriber cover was by far the best out of all of the store and subscriber covers of all the girls.

fashion elite

^True but I still wish she was an Angel because of the $$$$$!

trendsetter

I'm sure with as much as things are rotating over there, they are more than likely paying less with the Angel contracts. I think her last group that got contracts probably got more than say, Karlie or anyone after them is getting. The promo work in general seems less unless you're Adriana, Candice, Lindsay or Behati who from what I have seen have done a bulk of the events. Plus the girls are doing so much more outside of VS than before where it seemed that the majority of work was exclusively for them.

backstage pass

From what I can remember, Chanel did a shoot late last year around the VSFS (before or after) and shot with Barbara Palvin. There was a pink backdrop I believe. It seems that she's shooting with them around show time. I agree nightclubbing, the show now is slowly declining in its wow factor. Last year was a good show in terms of styling and music but this year it's

I'm kind of glad that she wasn't walking because it doesn't seem to be A-list like how it used to be. She's in a good place and yes VSFS bought her to popularity mainstream wise but she's keeping it consistent whilst being a non-Angel in terms of photographers (Demarchlier, and Leibowitz), events that she's attended and some good printwork.

Remember, she does have a lot of things lined up for 2014 so I'm excited about that

21-11-2013
trendsetter

That shoot she did with Barbara was for the Valentine's Day catalog. She did something else with them too, I don't remember what it was. Then this past month she was shooting for them in LA before she went to Australia.

backstage pass

Please dont kill me for my opinion... I did know Chanel before VS, she is very sweet, an good model, and she have personality... She is not an anonymus model, so is clear why she became an Angel. But she looked sooo young and cute next to the other girls. I LOVE what she delivers on the VSFS, on and off the runway... She dance, she sing, she cry over her wings, you can tell she loves the show. And i think is a win-win situation for both. VSFS, you liked or not is a major plataform. People who does not know about models or fashion know her... She is a Modelbrity (WTF?). I dont want to see all her career doing coture, or Vogue Italy... She have the potential to be a Tyra, a Heidi, a Naomi!
Im so happy she still work whit them, i a hope to see her being her in the VSFS 2014!

On the other side, i want to kwon everything about her contract not being renewed in 2011... A little of gossip! LOL

Last edited by Fotoholic24; 21-11-2013 at 11:24 PM.
22-11-2013
trendsetter

I'm all for opinions, that's all I'm doing is speaking mine but I wasn't trying to say that VS wasn't a major platform that I'm well aware of. Even then, before VS because of her appearances on like Tyra and I think once upon a time when there was the model cover story on Vogue there was a Today show appearance and all sorts of press at least in black media? She was huge. Without association of who she might have been dating or who she's friends with or anything - purely off of her success as an African American model. And that's without a bunch of big blue chips. Girls now, even with VS, don't have that sort of notoriety. No one knows who they are, and they rarely stand out. Anyone on here can say anything about what they think they know about the contracts but really no one but the people involved directly in that business know what went down.

V.I.P.

I honestly think it came down to girls getting along, and candice seems very mean girls regina george clique-y type. All of the newer angels seem to be under Candice's wings (no-pun) and i dont think Chanel was for that. Plus, werent there rumors of her being threatened about not looking the part?

Last edited by TREVOFASHIONISTO; 22-11-2013 at 01:35 PM.
22-11-2013
fashion elite

^I can definitely see Candice being like that. She always seemed rather fake to me.

trendsetter

That doesn't make sense to me, mainly because Candice isn't the president of the company. That's just as good as the argument that the casting was "mean" for not booking a whole group of friends for the show. And rumors are rumors, by the end of her time her body looked 10x better than when she started, and if that was the case they wouldn't have taken Karlie or be pushing Elsa

front row

I guess some people can't figure out why Chanel would leave VS at such young age unless she was let go. I did notice that her non VS work at declined somewhat during the last year at VS.

I've also heard rumors that Candice and Chanel don't get along. Chanel doesn't really hangout with any of the Angels anyway.

23-11-2013
tfs star

Do you guys really think Chanel would leave a platform such as VS, which brings lots of $ as well as is a great way to get your name out there, just because of not getting along with or liking Candice?
Modelling is a really tough job, and i'm sure she's already worked with many models amongst others with whom she didn't mesh all that well.

There really must be more to the story, which we'll most likely never learn for sure.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chanel, iman