How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-12-2013
trendsetter

She has been shooting for Cosmo this week.

04-12-2013
V.I.P.

^probably a cover

05-12-2013
rising star

I know we didn't even talk about the Bebe campaign she had, but I would like to say I'm so disappointed.

Not in Chanel because she slayed her shots, but the politics of it all. At least for the Fall campaign Bebe was trying to hide their racism and placed her in the catalog a significant amount; but the holiday catalog? Mess. She wasn't even in the catalog until well into halfway.

And I'm not tryna hear that tfs nonsense about "she just isn't as good of a model."
It literally made no sense as why she was put in the back. She is more known than both Nina and Lisalla. She should not be playing second fiddle to those barbs. [/endrant]

youtube

trendsetter

I hate to break it to you, but I completely disagree with that. Nina had a Super Bowl commercial and was a SI Swim Rookie, more than likely will be on the cover of the magazine next year. Plus Nina has dated Adam Levine and is now with that boy from The Wanted. Lisalla is engaged to a MLB player and was a Maybelline contract girl, not sure if she still is or what market she is in. I'm not saying that I agree with her being in the back of the magazine, but out of the three of them, I'd definitely say that Nina is more known, and then it's kind of a coin flip between Chanel and Lisalla. From the looks of it, Nina is their main girl and they just switch out everyone else anyway, with Sara Sampaio now shooting for them.

If you really want me to get into it, Chanel not really chasing the exposure like so many models do might hurt her in that sense - because let's be real - she is not as in demand as other girls. Most brands look for the celebrity association push, and girls who just get in the press for whatever reason. Cara, Kate Upton, Nina Agdal, other models that flaunt their public relationships with other celebrities etc are the ones that you're going to see all over the place. She's not going for the press/mega attention route, she does her job and she goes about her business and I can totally respect her for that.

rising star

eh. I see ur point about Lisa and Nina, but I don't think they have as much celebrity power as Chanel does. I mean, look at Chanel's twitter follower count. For someone who doesn't even TWEET at that. Has more instagram followers. Has more discussion on instagram. More youtube views. It seems petty, but if we are measuring a models celebrity power, that is how you got to do it. Her online presence is just overall stronger. She IS the bigger celebrity. I definitely think people know chanel. I mean, Nina had a superbowl commercial, but how many recognized NINA and not just yt girl in ad?

And I don't necessarily agree with the whole not flaunting celebs stuff. I think that is why she IS more well known. The list goes on dealing with celebs Chanel is associated with. I mean, it doesn't get higher than Beyoncé and the Obamas.

trendsetter

I can't say for instagram, but for twitter she has been around longer. And the connection with the Obamas is sparingly as is the like what, two times she has been around Beyonce? I'm just trying to give some perspective here, not discrediting but being honest about the situation.

She didn't just have the SB commercial, she was the rookie of the year for SI that year as well. Like those are big things, and being an active presence in social media is another thing. People forget. I've had my friend, a paparazzi photographer tell me that Chanel's value has gone down because she isn't all out there like the rest of these girls. We love her, of course, but there are a lot of people that really aren't checking for her like they used to.

rising star

I am not trying to knock Nina at all for her accomplishments. I'm just saying, Nina isn't untouchable (ESP not Lisalla) in any to where Chanel should be regulated to the back of a Holiday catalog. From a pure marketing standpoint, Chanel's online statistics >> than both of theirs. So she should def have some sort of substantial role in a campaign of three.

And I get that ppl aren't checking for Chanel quite like they used to, but i don't think that should be a reason to start attending more public events. If anything, just showing up to events with no real point as just to take a red carpet pic, dilutes her celebrity. I think it is very smart of Chanel to be selective to where she goes. And when she does go, she most always takes those power photos. VMAs this year comes to mind!

And I completely agree with the social media aspect. Idk if she needs a team to help her with that, but she has to many followers to just not tweet.

trendsetter

She was at the VMAs with her boyfriend, it's not like the London Glamour awards or the amFAR galas she attends on her own. If you really want to go there with screwed up campaigns, you should be talking about the DKNY fragrance that was printed all of like 7 places before her and Fei Fei were swapped out for Marloes, then her doing the show and Rocky being in the campaign with 3 foreign models for an American brand.

rising star

Yeah I know! But she made sure to sit next to TSwift and Seleanrrr.

And yeah, they have been worse injustices, but I was just frustrated with what I thought would be a decent campaign LOL. W/e its just Bebe.

trendsetter

She sat there because Taylor saw her and after a few photos together, pulled her down to their seats to sit with them, which was great because they kept the stream on her the whole time There are still a few more things that haven't come out yet to wait for and I feel like a bulk of it is holiday stuff.

trendsetter

She's in Peru, I think? hopefully shooting something.

trendsetter

Shoot is for Harper's Bazaar

backstage pass

Wow she's been shooting a lot of stuff lately. So excited!

09-12-2013
fashion elite

Yay! I hope its for US Harpers Bazaar.

trendsetter

I think it's for HB España, as per this tweet.
Quote:
@chaneliman in her mini JF Gothic Initials #peru #harpersbazaar @harpersbazaarES #jenniferfisher…

‏@JFisherJewelry

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chanel, iman