How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

17-04-2012
backstage pass

I think she's shooting for VS today

17-04-2012
rising star

Chanel know she look good!

17-04-2012
fashion elite

I'm not feeling that Coachella outfit but her body is the truth. That last pic really shows each girls beauty.

17-04-2012
backstage pass

Damn!! Miss Chanel went hardcore for Coachella ay!! Look how tall karlie is next to her!! O.o... She's looking great and I really wish for a Chanel HF resurrection!

18-04-2012
fashion elite

Chanel and Rihanna at Coachella

twitter.com/rihanna

18-04-2012
rising star

A lil Celeb

18-04-2012
tfs star

ahh lucky chanel!! although, i'd definitely not be pouting if i got a photo with rihanna :p

20-04-2012
V.I.P.

twitter.com/frankiefoye, twitter.com/ingefonteyne

22-04-2012
fashion elite

Those are very cute. Im guessing she was shooting for VS.

24-04-2012
backstage pass

Do you guys remember that thing she shot with Jenna Elizabeth for Bullet Mag a couple weeks ago? It premieres today at Refinery29 and Bullet Mag. It's called, "Thirst". CANT WAIT xx

Last edited by hommeboy10; 24-04-2012 at 08:15 AM.

24-04-2012
fashion elite

Here's the video. It is much, much better than her first one. She looks unbelievably sexy and believable!
bullettmedia.com

24-04-2012
rising star

Quote:
Every Girl’s Fantasy: Sadistic Revenge, Plus A Handbag Or Two?

Many fashion films are merely commercials by another moniker. Not so with New York accessories label Reece Hudson’s smoky, mysterious new vignette Thirst, made in collaboration with Bullett magazine. The film, which was made to introduce the designer’s Fall ‘12 collection, left guests like Alexandra Richards and Genevieve Jones tingling. “We did something different by actually telling a narrative,” said director Jenna Elizabeth at a celebratory dinner at Niko, hosted by the film’s star, Chanel Iman. “And I wanted to portray women in a strong, sexually confident light, not under the male gaze or hunched over behind a handbag. ” Instead, Iman catches her lover with another woman and poisons him. “The Fall collection has darker undertones, and Jenna’s work conveys that perfectly,” explains designer Reece Solomon. “And I think, for women, who doesn’t have that kind of sadistic revenge fantasy?”

Iman, for her part, proved up to the task of creating such a character, even if, as her director revealed, she’s nothing like her. “She’s such a good girl in real life,” Elizabeth said. “She’d never even smoked a cigarette.” Good thing she wasn’t sitting too near Chrissie Miller, who puffed surreptitiously behind her sake with pals Annabelle Dexter-Jones and Jack Donoghue. “I just quit,” admitted Jen Brill. She might not be carrying cigarettes in her Reece Hudson bag anymore, but she explained that “it’s a beautiful little olive green bag, the perfect size for my lipstick, cards, keys.”
style

24-04-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Bullett Magazine, Reece Hudson Host Screening
By ALESSANDRA CODINHA

The setting was intimate and there was a palpable sense of amity in the air at a celebratory dinner and premiere of the Bullett magazine- and Reece Hudson-sponsored fashion film “Thirst” at Niko in Manhattan on Monday night, but there were some heavy topics on the table.

“Fashion, to me, is much more than clothing,” the short’s director Jenna Elizabeth mused. “It’s evocative of the times. We have a responsibility to provide higher standards, to portray women with strength and confidence, to show women who are not afraid to take up space, to own sexuality in a way that is commanding and not vulnerable. Chanel [Iman] to me embodied all of that cultural responsibility in fashion. She’s the archetype of strength and beauty.”

Annabelle Dexter-Jones, Genevieve Jones and Annabel Tollman joined a clutch of friends and supporters for the screening.

Iman, for her part, has found herself in a position common to young women in their early 20s — though on a grander scale.

“It’s great for me to have people see me as ‘sexy,’ as ‘edgy,’” the model said, “as more than just a ‘commercial’ girl. I’m growing up, you know?”

In the film, Iman gets revenge on an erring lover with the aid of the bondage tape, rope ties, a cigarette and some rather severe-looking surgical instruments (all initially enclosed in Reece Hudson accessories). Femme fatale chops proven, is acting a move she’s considering?

“Yes. I’ve been taking lessons with a coach and been auditioning for a film role, which is really exciting and makes me so nervous....I’ve only ever auditioned for two things before, and it’s hard work. This was just so fun, I mean, I trust Jenna [Elizabeth], I love her work.”

Iman high-fived the director. Elizabeth laughed: “I taught [Iman] how to smoke cigarettes for the last scene, I was like, ‘I’m going to hell for this.’”

Iman grinned. “She kept saying, ‘Don’t inhale. Don’t inhale,’” the model said. “But I still went home with the worst headache.”
wwd

I really really really like the part where she's auditioning for a role or she's auditioned twice for roles. Was it for Sparkle? Lol remember someone brought that up...

Last edited by hommeboy10; 24-04-2012 at 09:51 PM.

24-04-2012
windowshopping

Very nice work in that video.....very impressed.

24-04-2012
tfs star

She did a really great job!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, august, chanel, february, iman