How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

18-05-2012
V.I.P.

This will be exciting. Hopefully someone will GIF the heck out of her moment on the runway, dead.

18-05-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercification View Post
This will be exciting. Hopefully someone will GIF the heck out of her moment on the runway, dead.
I was going to, but the way they had the models on the runway, and the camera angles, you really couldn't see her walk

18-05-2012
fashion elite

Actually, you get to see her end of runway pose for both of her outfits. I just saw the show and she slayed it, as usual.

19-05-2012
V.I.P.

Bottega Veneta Milan 2008-09 Backstage

celebritycity

19-05-2012
backstage pass

hugoboss.com

Last edited by mobstagirl; 19-05-2012 at 03:05 PM.

19-05-2012
backstage pass

She looks nice and strong in those shots. Ugh her walk slayed me. Every time she hits the runway lately, it's a treasured moment and the reward in the end is spectacular.

19-05-2012
front row

Wow, I visited a VS store today for the first time since forever and I was shocked at how they phased Chanel out of their line. She has 0 presence in their stores, not even for the PINK line!

It's a shame really that the fashion industry, VS especially, wastes time desperately trying to whip these indistinguishable blondes into public consciousness when they have someone with such a strong fan base and immense popularity both in and out of fashion, and they choose to ignore her.

Sigh, no one ever said smartness was the fashion industry's strong suit.
Posted via Mobile Device

19-05-2012
backstage pass

^this!!!!

20-05-2012
fashion elite

^^Nothing but the truth. Smh....

20-05-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fey Sommers View Post
Wow, I visited a VS store today for the first time since forever and I was shocked at how they phased Chanel out of their line. She has 0 presence in their stores, not even for the PINK line!

It's a shame really that the fashion industry, VS especially, wastes time desperately trying to whip these indistinguishable blondes into public consciousness when they have someone with such a strong fan base and immense popularity both in and out of fashion, and they choose to ignore her.

Sigh, no one ever said smartness was the fashion industry's strong suit.
Posted via Mobile Device
Couldn't have said it better myself

But on a positive note, it's great seeing her back on the runway

Last edited by modelista; 20-05-2012 at 09:53 PM.

21-05-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Celebrate 'Miami Sunglass Hut Day' With Chanel Iman
By Ashley Brozic
Got your party shades on, Miami? Good, because we’ve got a solid reason to celebrate! Accompanied by a proclamation from the mayor (seriously), May 23rd is officially Miami Sunglass Hut Day. For the occasion, our favorite bearer of shades, Sunglass Hut, is returning to its hometown and opening its largest (and most tech-savvy) retail store in the country, but not without a major shindig.

At 10 a.m. this Wednesday, May 23, Sunglass Hut will open its doors to the public, offering guests a chance to explore the 1,875-square-foot shop and try on over 2,000 pairs of sunnies, all in the largest Sunglass Hut space to date. Enjoy giveaways, fun promotions, and the chance to meet supermodel Chanel Iman as she talks her favorite shady trends.

Lucky event goers can even win a chance to rub elbows with celebs and enjoy some street games and cocktails at Sunglass Hut’s private VIP block party later that evening, where web sensation Karmin will be performing live.

Wanna go? Well, we have a pair of tickets to the soiree for one sunglasses-savvy fan, so comment below and we'll pick a winner at random. Go on and whip out those round-rimmed shades you’ve been dying to wear. This is one party where it’s perfectly fine to wear your sunglasses at night.

When: Wednesday, May 23, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Where: Sunglass Hut; 845 Lincoln Road; 305-674-6906.

Photo: Courtesy of Luxottica Retail
refinery29.com

24-05-2012
backstage pass

twitter.com/chaneliman

Quote:
We Got Shady With Chanel Iman In Miami ó Read On, Voyeurs
By Ashley Brozic
Open any luxury fashion mag and you will be sure to spot model Chanel Iman grinning back winningly, or creating major body envy, or both. (Also, Chanel as a killer? Well, killer.) Yes, we always love to see her adorned in Dolce and Gabbana or Dior, but ó this is Miami óspying her peepers' game is pretty awesome: A pair of Tom Fords here, some Ray-Bans there. . We caught up with the Victoriaís Secret Angel this week for Sunglass Hutís Summer Block Party in Miami to celebrate the opening of their largest store yet. Although she admits to loving a good pair of sunnies, this Vogue cover girl is anything but shady.

What is your favorite summer accessory?
"Sunglasses! Bright color glasses are in."

What are your shades of choice?
"Iím into the classic pilot glasses, but of course Iíll go a little more edgy with a hint of retro and wear a pair of Versace or Tom Ford glasses."

What were your first pair of shades?
"My first pair were probably neon-colored ones. All my friends had bright glasses and I had bright pink Ray-Ban lookalikes. Ray-Bans were my first purchase."

What are some things you love about Miami?
"I love Casa Tua. Itís my favorite restaurant here. Iím not really a partier so Iíd rather have a nice dinner or walk on the beach. I have a few friends in town so we usually hang out by the pool or have a BBQ in town. I also love the Intermix here, too. Itís very beachy ó they have a great selection of strappy sandals and glasses, too. This is where I get a lot of my colors and I think the shoes in Miami tend to be pretty cool."

Are there any beauty tricks you want to share?
"Sunglasses are my little secret. When I get off of work, I pop on a pair. They are an easy way to look a little glam, quickly."

What is one fashion accessory you canít live without?
"I canít live without my jewelry. I feel naked without my dainty rings and necklaces. This summer, Iíll be wearing a lot of Bliss Lau. And, of course, a few sunglasses!"

Weíre glad youíre enjoying the Magic City! But where will you be off to next?
"Tomorrow I head to L.A. for a shoot and then off to a wedding in Denver. Iíll probably be going to Europe later this summer, too."

And last but not least: Which iconic pair of sunglasses do you like best, heart-shaped Lolita shades or round-rimmed John Lennons?
"John Lennon round-rimmed, for sure."
refinery29.com

All I really read was that she's shooting in L.A. soon and that she'll be in Europe later on. Does my assumption radars smell couture? Just saying... :p But she looks magnificent in both her day and night looks. Is that trench Burberry too?

24-05-2012
fashion elite

I'm thinking couture as well!

25-05-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Working with the fabulous @chaneliman for Amazon.com
twitter.com/collierstrong

Sounds interesting. I wonder what Amazon.com needs her for lol

25-05-2012
fashion elite

^I'm intrigued and mystified.

Here's more pics from the Sunglass Hut after party.

worldredeye.com

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, august, chanel, february, iman