How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

15-02-2012
fashion insider

No shade Hybrid, but I love the chanel stans especially the ones on here. We keep it real and 100. If she being lazy, we gon call her out on it. Were not gonna sit here like some other delusional stans and be like "oh she's to big for that job, so she's not gonna be there, or that's why she's skipping this season" girl bye!B!tch is just not getting booked.If she looks bad in an interview, were gonna let her have it! Lmao If she look a mess, were gonna call her out on the outfit, the hair, the make up! Were her toughest critics, and chanel must hate us lol...but it comes from a good place, because we see so much potential, and know she can do so much better sometimes!
Posted via Mobile Device

15-02-2012
V.I.P.

VS

victoriassecret

16-02-2012
V.I.P.

The bangs look awful....didn't like them back in '08 either.

She should be having her showcards ready and attending castings...she's getting way too lazy imo. It seems like she's put all her eggs in one basket (VS) and is doing next to nothing otherwise. She'd do shows if she/her agent made it clear she was available to do them, she hasn't done enough lately to warrant any special requests. She needs to be seen and it's not happening at the moment.

16-02-2012
backstage pass

Haha there's always this argument in this thread during fashion week where Chanel doesn't walk and the stans come in and complain about how she doesn't walk and she's irrelevant and blah blah blah. I think the only slowdown she has with her career is runway. Her editorial work is still going.

Currently for the S/S season she's had:
  • L'Officiel COVER and editorial
  • Allure Magazine editorial
  • Gotham Magazine COVER and editorial
  • Marie Claire editorial with small feature
  • VMan Calender shot w/ Willy and Carine (being that's the skinny girl and with not most meet like Karolina or Adriana, things are looking up)
  • Plus, the Greg Kadel/Elizabeth Sulcer shoot coming up: possible Numero or Vogue Italia

Is that a slowdown? She worked with Demarchelier again and just worked with Carine for the first time as well as Willy and gonna work with Kadel again. She never was a campaign girl (I'm soooooooooo quoting nightclubbing right now but momma has a point lol) so is there a campaign slowdown? She's been a cover girl that's for sure, and she still has covers.

Can we just except the fact that she's doesn't want to do runway? LOL it's not a big deal. She made two appearances last season and look what we got: a good editorial showing. Her runway appearances don't always translate to the amount of editorial work.

Bottom line guys: just get over it already
She's probably reading this thread and laughing while she's making her special teriyaki hamburgers #justsayin

16-02-2012
V.I.P.

^ Haha. True. I still think she'll turn up at Kanye's show, since she is his ~muse~. Ofc (Lord can I go a season without mentioning this please!) I would love to see her back at Balenciaga one day, since I love how she was close to being Nicholas' #2 'go to black model goddess' after Liya for the shows, but I guess that role will go Nyasha now .

^ Anyway just make it happen again one day Chanel. All VS girls make a runway comeback sooner or later (well those who had a career in HF to talk about to begin with), so I guess as per usual we have to be patient (we must be one of the most patient stan groups on here LOL).

16-02-2012
V.I.P.

MC, Gotham and Allure are absolutely nothing to write home about...it's better than nothing but a drop in quality for someone who used to be in US Vogue 6/7 times in a year. Editorials don't pay and runway exposure enhances your chances to get picked up for campaigns...it's a out of sight, out of mind type situation. She's been in some good campaigns, so i don't understand where the "she's not a campaign girl" has come from.

There are girls with cosmetic contracts + regular VS work still going to castings and putting in work....if Chanel doesn't get over it...she'll pay a hefty price when/if VS decide they've had enough of her.

16-02-2012
tfs star

I see we're having the same discussion that starts in this thread every 6 months.....Chanel had her runway debut over six years ago, and she is still relevant and making bank. I don't know what people expect, she was never a huge campaign girl, most of her work was from more commercial leaning labels like Gap, DKNY etc. I'm sure if she wanted to go to castings she could easily book a few shows, but I get the feeling she is kind of over the whole fashion week thing.

People need to relax , I'm sure she's making great money from VS and everything else is just bonus for the fans!

16-02-2012
fashion elite

Must we really do this EVERY fashion week?

16-02-2012
fashion insider

I really hope Chanel reads this, and understands...that we just really really really really really miss her on the runway.

16-02-2012
rising star

LOL, those covers are very strategic. L'officel was out during Couture week in Paris, and the Gotham cover is being distributed in the tents at NYFW. She still is present

18-02-2012
V.I.P.

Milan Fashion Week F/W 2012.13: d'management Group

Direct Booking

dmanagementgroup.com

18-02-2012
fashion icon

I'm not a Chanel fan, so I've never posted here, but you guys are making me LOL so hard!! I don't think she really wants to be a HF model anymore. She is leaning more towards celebrity model. Sure, Allure isn't as prestigious as US Vogue, but at the end of the day, the pay is exactly the same. Allure caters to younger girls, the audience she is trying to reach. I don't exactly know which arena of celebrity she is trying to break into, since she is awful at public speaking, but she has over 100,000 fans on twitter. That's quite a fan base. I know all the stans want to see her back on the runway, but lets be honest, she wasn't making big money constantly shooting editorials. My mama always said- "If it don't make money, it don't make sense". Am I right, or am I right?

18-02-2012
backstage pass

What does 'direct booking' mean?

18-02-2012
backstage pass

^ I thought it meant you can book her, but she doesn't go to castings. Right?

18-02-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananda View Post
^ I thought it meant you can book her, but she doesn't go to castings. Right?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that is what it means.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, august, chanel, february, iman