How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

07-11-2012
V.I.P.

VS

victoriassecret

07-11-2012
tfs star

^that first shot is really cute.

07-11-2012
V.I.P.

i CANNOT believe she's not at the VSFS. it's outrageous to me. i have to assume, then, that her Angel contract is kaput. which is truly unfortunate.

07-11-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelWhore4 View Post
So, it turns out that her showcard is on the casting board!

youtube.com/victoriassecret via nrllaless
Yay!

Last edited by Berrt; 07-11-2012 at 03:34 AM.

07-11-2012
tfs star

I'm confused, was she there or not...

07-11-2012
trendsetter

Her card is on the board but the only thing that means is that she is someone they either wanted there or went to the casting. I'm doubting the latter, because she has been all over for the election. While I'll miss her if she's not at the show, I'm proud of what she has been busy doing with getting people out to vote and voting for the first time herself.

There's a video mtv tweeted but I don't have the link handy, where she's talking about the importance of young people voting.

07-11-2012
fashion elite

Aw, thats too bad about the show. I was really excited to see how she'd look this year. I guess she's on to the next thing.

08-11-2012
V.I.P.

The VS show is just about the only thing that was keeping her somewhat relevant as a model. It looks like she has or is about to move on from modelling...aside from the catalog shoots here and there to make some cash.

It's peculiar how IMG has effectively ruined her modelling career or, better yet, have failed to maintain the level of success she had before them. It's shame it's gone downhill so fast as she's actually started to look better and better.

08-11-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'ador-DioR View Post
The VS show is just about the only thing that was keeping her somewhat relevant as a model. It looks like she has or is about to move on from modelling...aside from the catalog shoots here and there to make some cash.

It's peculiar how IMG has effectively ruined her modelling career or, better yet, have failed to maintain the level of success she had before them. It's shame it's gone downhill so fast as she's actually started to look better and better.
Woah, Chanel just released a video game for Christ Sakes
she is gonna have 3 holiday campaigns this season, she was just on gossip girl, etc.
She will do just fine without them I think. Besides, lets not act like she was the star of the VS show anyway. She probably had all of 2 mins of screen time at last years show.

08-11-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'ador-DioR View Post

I agree and I disagree. I don't think IMG ruined her career at all; in fact I think thats what saved her after she left Ford. Chanel has been around for over 6 years and her hype died down at around FW 2010. She has no real connections to photographers or major brands so its really only US Vogue that could save her HF career at this point.

If I were her and her management team I'd be working overtime to renew her image and plan a runway comeback of some sort. Clients need to see a new side to her, so she needs to break free of the bubbly image and start gunning for "sexy girl" jobs. SI wouldn't be bad now, especially with her current body.

She also still has her name. People know of her and seem to really like her. Thats more than a lot of models in her current situation don't/didn't have. I hope that makes sense.

Last edited by LabelWhore4; 08-11-2012 at 01:15 PM.

08-11-2012
tfs star

Oh God, not this conversation again....

08-11-2012
trendsetter

^ IKR? It's like the annual post fashion season record skip.

Ever think that maybe she doesn't want to have a major hf comeback and that she's comfortable where she is and doing what she wants to do? It's one thing if we as fans want to see her do something, but that doesn't necessarily mean that she NEEDS to do it.

Last edited by nightclubbing; 08-11-2012 at 05:40 PM.

08-11-2012
backstage pass

LOL @ J'Ador for always chiming in at pivotal transitions in Chanel's career. It's obvi that the direction she's going toward is a more universally American model/spokesperson.

Saks Fifth Avenue
Amazon.com
Target
that video game
F21 campaign
Usher's video

Umm is that not a feat? Of course CI stanz are crying diamonds and are thinking, "DOOOONNNT PLAY" because she wasn't at VS but unless she's white and Ale or Adri then she's not gonna be apart of Victoria's Secret forever. And plus, I think the hype/relevance of VS is dying down anyway.

Before I used to oppose every career decision she made but I actually support whatever she's doing nowadays.

08-11-2012
fashion insider

Im afraid she'll just turn into Jessica White! Albeit, Jessica White has a cosmetic contract. People associate her with hanging around celebrities, video chick, and being a party girl. Hopefully Chanel proves me wrong.

08-11-2012
backstage pass

Omg I would die if she turned into Jessica White. But she knows how to dress at events so I guess it's all good lol

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, august, chanel, february, iman