How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-12-2008
V.I.P.

Cheryl Tiegs

I couldn't find a thread for her and if there isn't one, well, there should be!

Quote:
Cheryl Tiegs (born September 25, 1947, in Breckenridge, Minnesota) is an American model. Her popularity signaled the rise of tall models[citation needed], as she stands 1,79 m (5'10" to 5'11") in height.

Early years

Tiegs was born in Minnesota, but raised in California, where she graduated from Alhambra High School in Alhambra, California in 1965. She also attended the California State University, Los Angeles and became a little sister to the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity. By the time she was 17 years old, she appeared on the cover of Glamour magazine. Other covers followed, including Harper's Bazaar, ELLE, Time, and Vogue.

Swimsuit modeling

She is best known for her long-running affiliation with the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, which featured her on the cover in 1970, 1975, and 1983. The 1978 poster of her in a pink bikini became an iconic 1970s pop culture image.
While posing for the 1978 swimsuit issue, she took a quick dip in the water on the beach wearing a white cotton fishnet swimsuit. When she emerged from the water, photographers—professional and amateur—flocked to her and asked her to pose for an extended amount of time—about 50 minutes. She later said she had no idea why the photographers suddenly took such an interest in her, and didn't discover why until she saw the final prints from the shoot: when wet, the suit was almost completely translucent.
Tiegs has resumed modeling, is appearing in the HGTV series Living With Ed and has an accessory and wig line for Revlon. She also appeared in Vincent Gallo's controversial film The Brown Bunny.

Marriages and children

Tiegs was reputedly never comfortable in the spotlight and did not welcome the scrutiny that came with it. She has been married and divorced four times, to Stan Dragoti (1970–1979), Peter Hill Beard (1981–1983), Tony Peck (1990–1995), and Rod Stryker (1998–2001). Tiegs has admitted that during the height of her fame, she would jump from one relationship to the next, never secure with the man she was with.
Cheryl Tiegs has three sons, one by Peck and two by Stryker. She and Rod Stryker became parents of twin boys Jaden Joseph and Theo Reid in 2000 with the services of a surrogate mother. Stryker obtained exclusive custody of the twins during their divorce.
- wikipedia

Whether you like her or not, Cheryl Tiegs holds an important position in the history of modeling, so I definitely think she deserves a thread on The Fashion Spot

- ALL pictures from "Ebay", "Corbis" and "Cheryl Tiegs by Michael"

01-12-2008
there is no fear

I was just thinking about starting a thread for her
Virginia Slims ads

people.com

V.I.P.

Lol, I beat you to it! :p Great ads though, thanks! xx

Some more Tiegs:

Corbis, IMDB, Vnnforum

I would open a thread for Cheryl over at Bellazon too but unfortunately I'm having troubles getting my membership to work properly! The people at Bellazon are terrific at scanning old magazines though,so it might be a good idea to increase the Ceryl content on the net!

Last edited by Stamoholic; 02-12-2008 at 08:39 AM.
20-12-2008
V.I.P.

ow! i can't believe there wasn't a thread for her. i mean, cheryl was and still is one of the most important models of all time.
corbis.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1977BabysBBJW1EdWinfield.jpg (41.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg GetAttachment2.jpg (34.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg GetAttachment1.jpg (48.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 1977BabysJWBBLGEdWinfield.jpg (50.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg GetAttachment.jpg (37.7 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by atooomic; 20-12-2008 at 04:52 PM.
20-12-2008
V.I.P.

^ Thanks for the pictures, atooomic! xx

Cheryl had such an amazing face. It was so dainty and innocent and yet I don't find it boring, as I do a lot of doll-like faces.

I also think it's really interesting she was one of the first 5"10 models ( apparently). You wouldn't think Cheryl was the girl who shaped the way catwalk girls stand today.

V.I.P.

^she's really tall, isn't she?

more pictures of her from corbis.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1977BabysBBJW1EdWinfield.jpg (78.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 1977BabysJWBBLGEdWinfield.jpg (195.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg AX927887.jpg (51.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg GetAttachment.jpg (41.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg GetAttachment1.jpg (39.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg GetAttachment2.jpg (54.6 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by atooomic; 20-12-2008 at 05:14 PM.
20-12-2008
V.I.P.

i find this really interesting: this picture is from the movie boogie nights, with mark wahlberg and julianne moore. someone here already watched it? it's very cool, btw. but anyway, there's a scene when mark enters at his room and has a poster of cheryl. and here's the pic, from corbis.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0000333014-007.jpg (47.5 KB, 11 views)

V.I.P.

^ Yeah, that poster is one of the top sellers of all time. It was more or less on every American boys wall in the 70s! LOL! That's such a cool shot though. Boogie Nights is a damn good movie.

V.I.P.

^that's right! in 70s, even been a girl, i'd have this poster in my wall!

there is no fear

I got to get the poster!

there is no fear

Candids from life.com
I didn't know she had been married to Peter Beard!She looks beautiful.

V.I.P.

i didn't know it neither. thanks for posting, she looks great as usual.

V.I.P.

\nFree Image Hosting by ImageBam.com
From " Ultimate Cheryl Tiegs" yahoo group ( Please visit for a HUGE collection of Cheryl. This is only a small portion of the collection)

P.S: Despite my initial thoughts, Bellazon DOES have a Cheryl thread, and it's fantastic. The search engine was broken at BZ for awhile and Cheryl's thread was not coming up via a google search so I thought there wasn't one.
My apologies! xx

Last edited by Stamoholic; 11-02-2009 at 03:32 PM.
11-02-2009
V.I.P.

i'm glad that she has a bellazon thread. and these swimsuit pictures are amazing.

V.I.P.

Model Reunion/Tribute to Nina Blanchard, Eileen & Jerry Ford - july 2010

Cheryl Tiegs, Cheri LaRocque, Beverly Johnson

facebook.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cheryl, tiegs