How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

17-11-2010
fashion elite

According to Busy Models, her birthday was November 1st, which makes her 18 now.
I also found this on their site:

busymodels

Last edited by Hoother; 17-11-2010 at 09:42 AM.

23-11-2010
fashion elite

The first ones from Japan.

vivensmodels

I did a quick sketch yesterday:

joecantthink.blogspot.com

Last edited by Hoother; 23-11-2010 at 10:57 AM.

26-11-2010
fashion elite

^It might also be for something that's going to be published once the exclusive thing runs out.

26-11-2010
front row

I hope so, because it would be great to see her in something other than Vogue Australia.
Actually, she did do a lot of print work in Japan recently for a few different magazines,
so this Mexican shoot could definitely be for something new. Also, I've heard that she's
heading to New York in the second week of January to start castings for the Fall/Winter
fashion weeks. Can't wait!!!

Last edited by theripper; 26-11-2010 at 11:00 PM.

26-11-2010
fashion elite

She said she might be going to New York for a week from the 25th for a job, so she may have gone there straight after Mexico. Not sure though. Also, you forgot to leave the source of the image of her at her formal.

26-11-2010
front row

Oh cool, that would be great! Thanks for letting me know. I linked it straight from her blog, but I'm new to The Fashion Spot so I didn't know I had to leave the source. Thanks!

28-11-2010
fashion elite

Quote:
Elliot Ward-Fear’s profile is completely disproportionate to the size of his business. In fact the 22 year-old Sydneysider has yet to snag a single stockist. Given that he only graduated from TAFE NSW last year, that’s not so hard to grasp. But that hasn’t stopped pieces from his spectacular 'Beauty In Exile' debut collection, which was unveiled at Rosemount Australian Fashion Week in May, finding their way into two episodes of Australia’s Next Top Model, this month's ARIA awards and even an audience with Miuccia Prada. When your stocks-in-trade are 18cm microsuede booties and gargantuan, stalactite-like Lucite jewellery, people tend to notice you. Having a publicist doesn’t hurt of course - and he's had one of those since June. Next week Ward-Fear is going to be flat chat. First up, he will unveil his Autumn/Winter 2011 ‘Spirit of Clothing’ collection at press showings in Sydney. Here is an exclusive preview of that collection, which includes some quite beautiful dresses, such as this pretty, deconstructed tennis dress in fondant pink and white and the intricately-seamed caramel wool bodycon dress, above and below, which boasts a curious cutaway panel at the derrière. The latter is designed to be worn, we are told, with a full, flesh-coloured brief - as white hot new Australian model Codie Young will discover later next week when the Vogue Australia September covergirl shoots Ward-Fear's first lookbook in Brisbane with Thom Kerr.

Young will also be negotiating the, by all accounts, equally extreme accessories of Ward-Fear's AW11 collection. They include a handbag with a detachable glove, a pair of sunglasses cut from one piece of Perspex and a pair of 45cm platforms.

Just what is the Prada connection?

Manila-based blogstar Bryanboy was sent some Elliot Ward-Fear pieces in the leadup to the Spring/Summer 2011 shows in Europe.

On October 7th, the final day of the season, he wore both the 18cm booties and a spiked Lucite necklace to the show of Prada's diffusion line Miu Miu in Paris (and continues to be photographed in the booties).

Of his attempt to greet Miuccia Prada after the show in the necklace, Bryanboy later noted on Twitter:

"Took a miracle to exchange kisses with mrs prada with my extreme elliott ward-fear necklace".

As for comments that have since been attributed to Prada regarding Bryanboy's outfit, we have it on good authority that the sum total of her commentary was “you look beautiful” – which is not quite the way Grazia Australia spun it in this piece.

Nevertheless most definitely one to watch from Australia, Ward-Fear hails from highly creative lineage.

He is the latest big buzz graduate of the TAFE NSW Fashion Design Studio, whose alumni include a roll call of this country's best known fashion names, from rising star Dion Lee to Akira Isogawa, Michelle Jank, Nicky Zimmermann, Gary Bigeni and Alex Perry. His father is set designer David Ward-Fear, who worked on films such as The Shining, Mad Max, Aliens and and The Matrix triology.

Check the Elliot Ward-Fear website for more examples of earlier work.
frockwriter

30-11-2010
front row

So it turns out her shoot in Mexico was for Vogue Australia. I wonder what issue it's for.

Quote:
New York beckons for rising star
Nikkii Joyce | 30th November 2010

Codie Young is pursuing her career in New York.

THE world lies at the feet of 18-year-old model Codie Young as she prepares to trade the home of the Big Pineapple for one in the Big Apple.

Codie will officially celebrate the end of 12 years of schooling next week with a trip to Fiji with her closest school friends.

Like her peers, the ethereal, porcelein-skinned beauty spent “schoolies” under the hot sun.

But for Codie it was in Mexico, on assignment for another Vogue Australia shoot.

She will spend the next few days working on Brisbane shoots, a far cry from the pre-Christmas work she had just 12 months ago in a pie shop.

This year was not just the year the world discovered the Suncoast Christian College student, of Palmwoods.

It was also the year she too discovered who she was.

“I know who I am more now, I’ve found myself I think,” Codie said.

“It definitely brought me confidence, it was good to finish, I made lots of new friends and I got to go to Japan.”

The Daily was invited for a rare glimpse into Codie’s private world. The candid interview ánd some previously unseen photographs will appear in this weekend’s edition.

Codie shares her sadness at saying goodbye to her home, her enviable metabolism, her reason for insisting on doing her own school formal makeup, and her hopes for the future.
The Sunshine Coast Daily

03-12-2010
front row

Here is Codie at her Year 12 Graduation Formal a couple of weeks ago.

http://codie-young.blogspot.com

It's funny, when Codie's not made up, I see so much resemblance to Mirte Maas (the eyes and lips), but in editorials, she looks completely different.

Last edited by theripper; 03-12-2010 at 04:43 AM. Reason: added link for image

03-12-2010
fashion elite

The image from the 'New York Beckons for Rising Star' article

Other images from the website:

sunshinecoastdaily.com.au

03-12-2010
scenester

Behind the scenes of Elliot Ward-Fear's A/W 11 campaign / look book shoot

Source - Red Eclipse Photography
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Elliot Ward Fear_Codie Young.jpg (310.5 KB, 13 views)

04-12-2010
V.I.P.

^ Her eyes have the most unique form ever

04-12-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imelda Matt View Post
Behind the scenes of Elliot Ward-Fear's A/W 11 campaign / look book shoot

Source - Red Eclipse Photography
Are there meant to be images to go with this post? I can't see them, and I'd love to see some behind the scene shots of the Ward-Fear look book shoot.

05-12-2010
scenester

There are more, I'm just waiting for them - I'll be sure to post after I receive them.

06-12-2010
scenester

More behind the scenes photographs from Elliot Ward-Fear's A/W shoot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Codie_01.jpg (194.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Codie_02.jpg (186.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Codie_03.jpg (78.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Codie_04.jpg (87.4 KB, 8 views)

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2011, codie, october, young