How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-08-2011
V.I.P.

Measurements:

Height: 5'11"
Bust: 24
Waist: 25
Hips: 35
Dress: 2
Shoe: 8
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue

01-09-2011
V.I.P.

In the age of Andrej Pejic, Corinna Ingenleuf's androgynous good looks are just what's in demand these days. Plus, the 20-year-old German was recently shot for Italian Vogue, W, Interview, and AnOther.

FAVORITE JUNK FOOD?
Does ice cream count as junk food?

WHAT'S THE MOST NERVE-WRACKING THING ABOUT BEING A MODEL?
The instantaneous image that people have about you once they hear that you're a model.
nymag

01-09-2011
V.I.P.

She's nothing like androgynous. AnOther Magazine sounds good.

01-09-2011
V.I.P.

Beautiful

nymag

02-09-2011
trendsetter

i want to see more, sounds like next big thing, but not impressed yet

Zenga Zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by cologne_rocks View Post
She's nothing like androgynous.
I entirely agree and kinda hate when a woman with shorter hair is immediately associated to androgyny.

This being said, they chose a picture that reflects their point of view and in my opinion is far from doing justice to her looks. Shame if she got "trapped and locked in a Tupperware container" due to some mistaken promotion. Seing the model's image as a brand is a good thing in itself but this is a little too niche-market then, and gimmicky (which is even sadder since she is pretty versatile).

Last edited by penny609; 02-09-2011 at 07:28 AM.
02-09-2011
V.I.P.

I think that she is androgynous. She's on that border of feminininty and masculinity, in that she could pass as both at once: a boyish girl, and a pretty boy.

02-09-2011
Zenga Zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Bianca* View Post
I think that she is androgynous. She's on that border of feminininty and masculinity, in that she could pass as both at once: a boyish girl, and a pretty boy.
Relevant point. Especially after seeing last polaroid. But on the feminine side, she can go much further than just a boyish girl according to some tests in her portfolio at Ford, where she simply oozes feminity under her short (well, boyish) hair.

So, I don't deny she's got an androgynous side (that can be pretty strong) or say it's a minus. I only wanted to point out that her "appeal" goes further than this and that to label her as (another) androgynous model maybe isn't the best way to promote her since she already proved she can be extremely versatile as well, besides having a very distinctive look.

Last edited by penny609; 02-09-2011 at 01:03 PM.
02-09-2011
V.I.P.

Well, Corinna can pull off a tomboy but this may affiliate to her rather broad versatility as already pointed out.... Must agree with Penny on that.
The quintessence of Corinna's look and vibe remains clearly feminine to me.... And I'm sure with hail pulled back and some leather jacket on you can even photograph a bombshell like Edita Vilkeviciute or any other versatile model androgynously...
Maybe this helps:

(via annabodna.eu)

(M4 Models)

Besides that I'm glad we all agree Corinna is quite awesome.

02-09-2011
trendsetter

INCREDIBLE!! I'm in love with her already (as is the camera). So excited to see how he does!!

02-09-2011
V.I.P.

^ Those are amazing, she's the new Iris.

V.I.P.

I just think it's funny how they mentioned the rather silly comment I made
Quote:
Meet the Ford Model Who Looks Like Justin Bieber
Corinna Ingenleuf is a fresh face out of Hamburg, Germany and new to the Ford Models board but she’s already got a Fashion Spot thread devoted to her–which generally bodes well for a model’s future success (so does the fact that she did Pringle of Scotland’s resort look book). One commenter noted that Ingenleuf’s got “Bieber hair” but we think she’s got Bieber face, too.

So does Australia’s The Vine, who first noticed that this new model was a dead ringer for the Biebs. They suggest ditching the Lesbians Who Look Like Justin Bieber meme for the playing models who look like Justin Bieber game during fashion month. Hey, we’re game.

On a friend’s blog (a fellow Ford model), Ingenleuf said “I’m starting a shock wave of models with short brown hair.”
fashionista

03-09-2011
front row

I really really like this girl

V.I.P.

I don't understand the hype about her. She's like the opposite of Andrej Pejić-extremely boyish female model. Whenever there's a new and controversial model, people go crazy. I don't see why she has so many fans already, looks very awkward and I must say, I wouldn't want to see her doing female shows looking like a boy. Kristina Salinovic all the way, if there's a brown short-haired girls trend on the runway.

04-09-2011
Zenga Zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyest View Post
I don't understand the hype about her. She's like the opposite of Andrej Pejić-extremely boyish female model. Whenever there's a new and controversial model, people go crazy. I don't see why she has so many fans already, looks very awkward and I must say, I wouldn't want to see her doing female shows looking like a boy. Kristina Salinovic all the way, if there's a brown short-haired girls trend on the runway.
I sincerely understand how you feel despite I really like her. Too much hype is becoming boring so fast nowadays, especially when this hype is based on such things as hairdo. Last season we had Charlotte Free and her pink locks, I think IMG also tried a bald girl once, we had Agyness chameleon hair and Britt Maren who became an Agyness 2.0 when it comes the hair changes. And it seems that agencies are using that old hair trick since... a new haircut boosted Linda's career and that was a gazillion of years ago in a business that goes as fast as fashion does.
Also boring when agencies try to label girls as rebels or put too much emphasis on androgyny and other things of that kind... Then when a model truly have some personality and stand out for being herself, she even gets blamed for it by her own agent. It feels like they are playing with dolls sometimes and creating characters that have nothing to do with the persons themselves. Why couldn't we have once some model who shines by herself? I guess fake is easier to control and this industry feels safer when they take a blank young sprout, transform her look a bit and label her as the next this or that.

This being said (and I feel I'm really becoming too chatty on this thread), I repeat again how I'd be glad if she has a good season. I went through her portfolio a few times and, I'll sound like a broken record, she can also look feminine in her own way. And these pictures (I'll try to find some time to post them) are more subtle and relevant to show her skills than most of the boyish materials I see here and there all the time.

Last edited by penny609; 04-09-2011 at 04:44 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
corinna, ingenleuf