How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

07-04-2005
tfs star

she was in us vouge in april 2004 in the "curvy" shape portfolio, right? she is beautiful!!!

07-04-2005
princely

i think we need to merge these multiple crystal threads!

07-04-2005
V.I.P.

She looks so much better than she did when she was skinny. So much healthier.

08-04-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by poo
she is NOT fat! but shes not skeletal like todays models.
it makes me so happy so see a normal sized woman modelling succesfully, about time too.
bring more on!
I wouldn't call her size "normal". She looks kind of overweight and chubby when they're not hiding her arms and legs. Look at the picture in the red dress.
I'm not saying she shouldn't model, I'm just saying she's not a normal size. I think I read she's 165lbd. I'm the same height as her and I know what I'd look like if I weighed that much, and I'd consider myself fat!

08-04-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiennaInLondon
WOW! She is absolutely hideous -and I mean her face.
Hush. She is not hideous. If she was 'hideous' she wouldnt be in Vogue or MarieClaire or any other magazine in that matter. She had the guts to speak out against anorexia in the business and she fought the disease head on! Do you know how much GUTS that takes in an image driven business? I can tell you dont believe in standing out as Crystal does, SiennaInLondon. Your name says it all. I doubt you would be caught dead sans your furry vest, cowboy boots and miniskirts in fear of not looking like every other Sienna knockoff smothering London.

Last edited by ultramarine; 27-10-2010 at 12:29 AM. Reason: weight talk (on quote)

08-04-2005
windowshopping

OMG how could u guys think she is HIDEIOUS!!!? shes stunning! she is at the size that is fit for her. would u rather see someone who is healthy and beautiful or sick and thin and looks like she is falling appart right in front of u?! hae u seen the pictures of her when she was thinner? she was pretty much dying! there is nothing wrong with her face AT ALL!!! being stick thin is gross. curvy and healthy is totally what should be wanted.

08-04-2005
backstage pass

There's a happy medium that could be achieved between the extremes of anorexia and chubbiness. It's great that she's not anorexic, but that doesn't mean being chubby is all that great for everyone either. I mean if she's ok with her size, great! I wouldn't be happy at that size though..

08-04-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monacocouture
Hush. She is not hideous. If she was 'hideous' she wouldnt be in Vogue or MarieClaire or any other magazine in that matte
Seriously. I always find it ridiculous when people here call various models ugly and hideous.

09-04-2005
trendsetter

I have not read the whole thread, but she had an article she wrote/told to TeenVogue about her dieting to extremes to model. She's like 5'8, was natually curvy, and actually had an eating disorder and dropped to 98. She never knew she had an ED; she just thought she needed to be proffesional. I think she's fantastic. Reminds me of Marylin Monroe, that curvy, luscious glamour.

I hope she gets big.

I mean famous big.

09-04-2005
V.I.P.

She looks good, but there's this problem that she (and fellow plus size girl Kate Dillon) looks like she's a teenybopper. And teenybopper to me is a no-no. She also has this newbie aura with her, even though she takes good, decent photos.

09-04-2005
barcode

I remember when I first saw her like two years ago in Vogue's shape issue and I thought she was gorgeous. She really is, I'd like to see her cast in some more creative editorials.

09-04-2005
princely

Quote:
Originally Posted by poo
I would, when u come from america australia first fattest and thirs fattest nationa respectivley this girl is quite "normal", she may be chubby but so are many ppl inmy country, i dont know about canada. Anyway I only know kilograms, im 49kg and 5'7 and i think im "normal" but then a lot of ppl call me really thin. I think normal is healthy looking!
Thats a good way of putting it..."normal" being what looks healthy. In canada (or at least the area I live) people tend to be slimmer than if you go across the border to washington state.

14-04-2005
V.I.P.

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...tiful+pictures
Merge?

18-04-2005
princely

http://models.com/model_culture/tale.../crystal_renn/

new on models.com

Check out the new MDC cover story on Ford sweetheart Crystal Renn who proves that editorial fashion need not be a one-sized proposition. Even as our story went live, Crystal (in addition to making a second US Vogue appearance in the April 05 issue) was being lensed for another major European fashion bible. She won’t be stopped!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crystalbook.jpg (40.9 KB, 41 views)

20-04-2005
V.I.P.

Great article from Models.com

http://models.com/model_culture/tale...enn/intro.html

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2004, 2010, april, crystal, november, renn