Crystal Renn (April 2004 - November 2010) - Page 71 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
23-07-2010
V.I.P.

^^Whoa that picture 3RingCircus
If you ever have time, you should post that in the photoshop disaster thread.
Two different sized arms - my goodness!

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f63...ml#post7620259

23-07-2010
scenester

I think this whole thing with the photoshop has been blown out of porportion... there is barely any difference between the original & the edited version. With that being said, I still think she should not have been edited in terms of body size, but just the removal of any blemishes, hairs, etc would have been sufficient. Also, I only think Crystal is making a big deal out of this is because when her (plus size) fans saw her pics, they were like, "Wow, she's a hypocrite talking about it's ok to be whatever size you are, and here she is losing weight." It's very sad but generally speaking, peple who have eating disorders are never truly cured. I think this is why she has been losing weight... she is relapsing. She did a lot of back peddling & excuses on the Today Show about her weight loss & she looked really worn out. It's sad but I think deep down she does not want to be a plus size model. She just became the poster child of plus size models to get noteriety but I think she's love to be a regular model despite what she says.

23-07-2010
rising star

Also, I only think Crystal is making a big deal out of this is because when her (plus size) fans saw her pics, they were like, "Wow, she's a hypocrite talking about it's ok to be whatever size you are, and here she is losing weight."

It wasn't just her "plus-size" fans, it was ALL her fans. It's also very rude to make assumptions about Crystal and her personal choices.

No matter how much her size may or may not have fluctuated - she is still bigger than all the models that dominate the runways, campaigns and editorials at this moment. And it's pretty fantastic that she is booking the type of jobs that she is. All the other models her size are stuck in low-profile, commercial plus-size jobs.

Last edited by jollyvixen; 23-07-2010 at 08:13 PM.

23-07-2010
rising star

I don't know how to add video, but here's a link to her appearance on the Today Show:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_655683.html

23-07-2010
V.I.P.

^Thanks so much jollyvixen

23-07-2010
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyvixen View Post
Also, I only think Crystal is making a big deal out of this is because when her (plus size) fans saw her pics, they were like, "Wow, she's a hypocrite talking about it's ok to be whatever size you are, and here she is losing weight."

It wasn't just her "plus-size" fans, it was ALL her fans. It's also very rude to make assumptions about Crystal and her personal choices.

No matter how much her size may or may not have fluctuated - she is still bigger than all the models that dominate the runways, campaigns and editorials at this moment. And it's pretty fantastic that she is booking the type of jobs that she is. All the other models her size are stuck in low-profile, commercial plus-size jobs.
Ok, so according to you it is rude to formulate an opinion on a PUBLIC figure who talks about her own opinions/issues/life PUBLICLY?? Interesting. I guess if I'm not a fan with "jolly" things to say, I'm "rude". Anyway, atleast I have an opinion instead of stating the obvious- she's the premier or token plus size model who books jobs- duh. I actually have no problem with Crystal Renn either way; I don't like or dislike her. I'm just stating MY opinion on the matter thank you very much.

24-07-2010
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyvixen View Post
I don't know how to add video, but here's a link to her appearance on the Today Show:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_655683.html
Thanks for that video. Meredith Viera was annoying in it, though. She kept asking Crystal why she was losing weight and what her motives were for working out- even though Crystal made it very clear numerous times!

04-08-2010
windowshopping

Photographed by Baldovino Barani

baldovinobarani.com

04-08-2010
windowshopping

more form the Baldovino Barani shoot

baldovinobarani.com

04-08-2010
backstage pass

I'm a little scared of whatever they've done to her in these O_O

04-08-2010
V.I.P.

Those closeups are simply breathtaking, she has the most beautiful shaped eyes Ive ever seen!

04-08-2010
front row

Baldovino is fantastic, and these photos are no exception. This is the best I've seen Crystal look in a while. She looks gorgeous!

04-08-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxglove View Post
I'm a little scared of whatever they've done to her in these O_O

POST #1058 doesn't even look like her. The other ones are very nice.

05-08-2010
backstage pass

Yeah, that photoshop is bizarre. They gave her anime eyes, esp on the third shot in #1052...

06-08-2010
backstage pass

Some new polaroids, courtesy of fordmodels.com:

Is it petty of me to point out that their website has said she's a 12 for like, forever - even though Ford has been working to convince us all she's now only a size 10?? I find that jumpsuit thing she is wearing to be very shape camouflaging, which is odd for a model polaroid, non?

Last edited by 3RingCircus; 06-08-2010 at 12:12 AM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2004, 2010, april, crystal, november, renn