How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

05-01-2013
V.I.P.

lol i remember that too, and it made me think that they had never heard of extensions or a wig. Anyway Celine and Versace two completely different brands yet she shines in both. There is a reason why she is still around

05-01-2013
trendsetter

I never said she wouldn't book anything with short hair, it just looks plain ****.

05-01-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rex View Post
CELINE

Vanity Fair February 2013
My snap
Thanks for the snap. I like this season ad.

05-01-2013
V.I.P.

I would be so angry with MDC if they don't get Daria in the Supers list, 3 VP covers, Celine (2) and a Versace campaign... she's a true icon after all these years.

05-01-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyLeReveur View Post
I would be so angry with MDC if they don't get Daria in the Supers list, 3 VP covers, Celine (2) and a Versace campaign... she's a true icon after all these years.
That's why she's on the icons list, where she belongs.
She's not a supermodel simply for the fact that nobody outside fashion knows her.

05-01-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyLeReveur View Post
even stella, amber and kristen mcmenamy aren't on the supers list which have much better career than daria has...i don't think daria has a career which is better than some other girls on the industry icons list have like MCB, Lara Stone, Poly or Raquel..within that list i would like to make 3 categories according to they longevity in fashion business, at least to me the most successful on the list are amber, stella and kristen which all started they career in the early 90s and they still booked blue chip campaigns or covers..carmen, angela, liya, karen, karolina, isabeli, raquel, malgosia,guinevere, MCB, which all started their career in the late of 90s belong to another group - don't know why but when someone said raquel i immediately related her to carmen, angela or mcb..and to me daria belongs to group of models where belong poly, lara, anja and i would like to say gemma (unfortunately she's not include in the list ) - tbh i really like poly and i don't think she has less successful career or less recognizable than daria so that i made that 3 categories..every girl on the list has amazing career and they all are recognizable in the fashion..

05-01-2013
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by congacon View Post
kate moss is miles ahead of daria in term of covers, press, and fame. but in term of elite campaigns...............im not sure.

kate moss has never had chanel, prada, gucci(?) ready to wear ads, those considered as cream of the crop.
I don't think this really means anything. I can't recall a model who has booked every major campaign. Not even Gisele has had Gucci or Chanel campaigns. Daria actually hasn't worked for that many fashion houses on their campaigns. She just seems to get booked season after season for the same brands, but I'm not complaining. Kate's an icon in many ways that Daria simply isn't. Daria will never be on Kate's level, but that's okay. The world doesn't need another hot mess

06-01-2013
V.I.P.

Isabel Marant Spring Summer 2013 Campaign

maydele.blogspot.ru

06-01-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAUU View Post
I don't think this really means anything. I can't recall a model who has booked every major campaign. Not even Gisele has had Gucci or Chanel campaigns. Daria actually hasn't worked for that many fashion houses on their campaigns. She just seems to get booked season after season for the same brands, but I'm not complaining. Kate's an icon in many ways that Daria simply isn't. Daria will never be on Kate's level, but that's okay. The world doesn't need another hot mess
I guess that Daria simply wouldn't want/intend an iconic status in any way, in the first place

Love love love Daria with Isabel Marant!

06-01-2013
fashion elite

why people had to blow everything out of proportion? it would be silly for anyone to compare daria's career to kate's.

the whole point was about CONSISTENCY with blue chip campaigns that is EACH and EVERY SEASON daria has a few blue chip campaigns. kate on the hand is inconsistent with that. there were seasons she didn't have any blue chip campaigns.

obviously, kate has more campaigns than daria for being in the industry way longer. i was wrong about kate didnt have chanel ready to wear to campaign.

other than that i still stick with my point that daria is more consistent with blue chip campaigns EACH AND EVERY season compared to kate. my point is not saying that daria has more campaigns, it's just she is more consistent. end of discussion!

06-01-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostadinka View Post
even stella, amber and kristen mcmenamy aren't on the supers list which have much better career than daria has...i don't think daria has a career which is better than some other girls on the industry icons list have like MCB, Lara Stone, Poly or Raquel..within that list i would like to make 3 categories according to they longevity in fashion business, at least to me the most successful on the list are amber, stella and kristen which all started they career in the early 90s and they still booked blue chip campaigns or covers..carmen, angela, liya, karen, karolina, isabeli, raquel, malgosia,guinevere, MCB, which all started their career in the late of 90s belong to another group - don't know why but when someone said raquel i immediately related her to carmen, angela or mcb..and to me daria belongs to group of models where belong poly, lara, anja and i would like to say gemma (unfortunately she's not include in the list ) - tbh i really like poly and i don't think she has less successful career or less recognizable than daria so that i made that 3 categories..every girl on the list has amazing career and they all are recognizable in the fashion..
i dont think u know much about daria's career. none of the girl u mentioned has a better career than daria's.

daria has almost 55 vogue covers. chanel, dior, prada, hermes, gucci, ysl, missoni, loewe, balmain, isabel marant, celine, roberto cavalli, salvatore, hugo boss, versace, valentino, hm(for a million times). best of all 90% of her campaigns were solo and she repeated(again....and again) on almost all of them.

and finally LANCOME since 2005. i can firmly say that none of the girl above is close to the quality of her overall campaigns. amber is the closest in term of resume but she has never had a huge long term cosmetic contract.

take a look at her resume here : http://dariaw.onsugar.com/

please tell me if any of the girl u mentioned above has more works in term of quality and quantity.

06-01-2013
fashion elite

Daria For The Win!

06-01-2013
fashion icon

I'm curious to know who shot the IM campaign. Maybe I&V again?

06-01-2013
V.I.P.

She looks like Milla Jovovich in that IM shot. Not that it's a bad thing or anything, just making an observation. The ad is too overphotoshoped though.

06-01-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by congacon View Post
why people had to blow everything out of proportion? it would be silly for anyone to compare daria's career to kate's.

the whole point was about CONSISTENCY with blue chip campaigns that is EACH and EVERY SEASON daria has a few blue chip campaigns. kate on the hand is inconsistent with that. there were seasons she didn't have any blue chip campaigns.

obviously, kate has more campaigns than daria for being in the industry way longer. i was wrong about kate didnt have chanel ready to wear to campaign.

other than that i still stick with my point that daria is more consistent with blue chip campaigns EACH AND EVERY season compared to kate. my point is not saying that daria has more campaigns, it's just she is more consistent. end of discussion!
On one hand you don't want people to compare Kate's career to Daria's but you still did it anyway. Campaigns are a part of a model's career and you can't separate it.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, august, daria, november, werbowy