How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

23-04-2012
front row

Here is an article about her VP shotcan somebody tell me the main idea?thanks in advance
http://www.vogue.nl/the-dutch-files/...-en-emmanuelle

vogue.nl

23-04-2012
tfs star

I love love the shot from #307.she looks so young and fresh!

23-04-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiecheeks View Post
In August I think? I really don't know if they'll want to go on. On one hand she's getting a lot of attention in the Netherlands and abroad as well I guess. On the other VS doesn't seem that thrilled with her. But I have to say I'm not an avid follower and know what's going on. Just my gut speaking here
To be honest I think maybe she herself may not want to renew her contract...as great/fun/lucrative the VS gig is I think sometimes when models reach a certain level they become somewhat tired of it (well, except for Heidi, who just refused to leave!)....I think she may pass on the Angel contract but maybe stay on as a runway regular a la Izabel. Which I wouldn't mind...

I don't think it will hurt her career one bit to walk away, she still has L'Oreal.

Last edited by Bobby153; 23-04-2012 at 10:22 AM.

23-04-2012
tfs star

does anyone have big version of this pic?i saw it on a video.

tieba.baidu

23-04-2012
tfs star

twitter/russell james

23-04-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby153 View Post
To be honest I think maybe she herself may not want to renew her contract...as great/fun/lucrative the VS gig is I think sometimes when models reach a certain level they become somewhat tired of it (well, except for Heidi, who just refused to leave!)....I think she may pass on the Angel contract but maybe stay on as a runway regular a la Izabel. Which I wouldn't mind...

I don't think it will hurt her career one bit to walk away, she still has L'Oreal.
Hmm could be. But I always get the impression she really likes them as a client. Obviously she wouldn't express any bad feelings towards them, but still. It seems quite genuine. We'll see!

On another note, here's a little article about the Harvard thing a couple of weeks ago:

Quote:
While Franca Sozzani and Doutzen Kroes were participating in Harvard's public forum "Health Is Beauty: Defining Ourselves," they both sat down with Jean Fain, a Harvard Medical School–affiliated psychotherapist who specializes in eating issues. In addition to reiterating many of the points Sozzani made in her speech on thinness in fashion media, both Kroes and Sozzani talked about how they manage their respective self-images. Sure, both women are beautiful, so it shouldn't be hard, right? But being well-known figures in their fashion industry, their physical appearances are widely scrutinized. Rather than taking the approach seen in many women's magazines, where female celebrities often play the "everywoman" card and confess that they've always hated their arms or earlobes or toenails, both Kroes and Sozzani avoid criticizing themselves entirely. In fact, Kroes tells Fain that she never complains to anyone about her appearance, as a rule.

I never say. If I say it, people focus on it. Even my husband doesn't know. I think it's good to be married, but you still have these mysteries. I'm not going to share because then he see it. I have flaws, but I get to the set and they make me feel beautiful. I feel lucky that I have that. I have my family. I'm happy. I'm doing what I do. I'm 27 and had baby last year. After that, some mental thing changed about weight. I totally let go. I feel better than ever, the best I can be. I think women have to accept their body, but be the best they can be. If you work out, eat healthy and you're happy. That's all that matters.
source

25-04-2012
backstage pass

Doutzen on set for L'Oreal today

Doutzen's instagram & Natasha Poly's twitter

26-04-2012
backstage pass

Yay!!! I am so happy to finally see natasha and her in a same pic!!!

26-04-2012
front row

26-04-2012
V.I.P.

VS

victoriassecret

26-04-2012
trendsetter

I just hate how VS underuses Doutzen for them, even though she's one of the Angels with the multi-million dollar contracts.

Can't wait to see her at the upcoming events like MET and Cannes though.

27-04-2012
V.I.P.

Agreed ^^ I'd love to see more of vs (and other too of course) work with her. Unlike many new bombshells Doutzen looks like a gorgeous woman, not a cute teen girl.

27-04-2012
rising star

VS is targeting the market of teens more than they are targeting older women. Not that Doutzen should be considered old! But... she does natural luxury better in my opinion. Lindsay and Chanel fit the cheap and cheerful and cheeky side of VS better.

Last edited by rosiecheeks; 27-04-2012 at 11:08 AM.

27-04-2012
V.I.P.

However "older women" like myself lol should actually have more money to spend on vs.

Yep, natural luxury and Doutzen sounds good to me too

28-04-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliax View Post
However "older women" like myself lol should actually have more money to spend on vs.

Yep, natural luxury and Doutzen sounds good to me too
No older women are naturally more sensible I think. Young teens and teens and people in their twenties spend more carelessly?

Last edited by rosiecheeks; 28-04-2012 at 07:57 AM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, doutzen, february, kroes, november