How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

22-02-2012
V.I.P.

i don't get the complains that she only did Giles. Lot of supermodels just don't do any shows anymore or just shows up at one or two shows. Lara isn't planning doing any shows this season (she is not a excl for ck anymore), gisele only showed up for Alexander Wang etc, Carmen Kass most of the times only for MK, Kate Moss Louis Vuitton. I think we should be glad that she was at Giles and we got to see her great body and perfect angel face.

Doutzen took the commercial route, she got her huge L'oreal contract, VS etc, she is happy with that.
And even if her body is in perfect shape for HF, I think with her family, she doesn't want to do a whole fashionweek or a bunch of shows anyway.

People forget that she doesn't do runway by her OWN choice. Her latest runway's didn't suck at all like Supermodel stated. I'ts a honour to asked as excl or special request if you quit runway and are a supermodel.

Last edited by Forrest; 22-02-2012 at 09:14 AM.

22-02-2012
backstage pass

1 More from Giles Deacon F/W 2012-13

tfsgilesforum

Curious to see the video!! She looks great in the pictures.

22-02-2012
backstage pass

No surprise she did Giles, and I actually like it quite a bit. The styling, the dress, everything. While I would love Doutzen to do more runway, shes got plenty of other work she does, so to me its no big deal

22-02-2012
tfs star

elle

22-02-2012
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Doutzen took the commercial route, she got her huge L'oreal contract, VS etc, she is happy with that.
And even if her body is in perfect shape for HF, I think with her family, she doesn't want to do a whole fashionweek or a bunch of shows anyway.

People forget that she doesn't do runway by her OWN choice.
I don't mean to sound argumentative but clearly you're in the wrong with statements like the ones you made earlier. As posted from her old thread:

Quote:
Speaking of models, casting agents, Doutzen Kroes is available. The Victoria’s Secret model doesn’t have any runway shows in New York booked yet, but she’s interested.
“I'm definitely available. I love doing shows,” she said an event hosted by the lingerie-maker in SoHo
Wednesday morning. “I'm available here in New York and I'll be in Europe during the European shows.”
dnainfo.com

Also I don't care what other supermodels choose to do with their careers. I do however care what
Doutzen does with hers. Why is not being complacent and questioning the path her tenuous career is heading seen as such a terrible thing?

Last edited by cynthia; 22-02-2012 at 01:00 PM.

22-02-2012
V.I.P.

I'm not wrong about that she made her own choice by not walking shows: if she wanted to do shows she would go for castings. People can book her for special requests or directly.. that's different.. Also she quit doing castings and walking a lot of shows a while ago when she was going commercial, also by own choice and probably cause she a bit to curved for the runway (she said it herself, or something in that direction).
Letting know that she is availble does only mean that she loves it and is interested.

I was wrong about that I thought that she was happy with the thing they are , well i think she still is but at least i was wrong about that she doesn't want to do shows cause she got her own family now with her husband and kid.

And no one thinks it's terrible to questionings, i only said i didn't get the complains. I mean if Giles didn't book/requested her, we would not seen her at all at FW (well in NY and London) cause she isn't doing castings.

Last edited by Forrest; 22-02-2012 at 01:11 PM.

22-02-2012
tfs star

^i think people here was happy to see her on the runway.we just can't get enough even though we all know she doesn't need to do shows any more.anyway,as you said it's her choice.

22-02-2012
rising star

Just an image to show how and why I loved her during her HF days. Sounds terribly sentimental but we'll never get to see that Doutzen back. She had that fresh-off-the-boatness, naivite you can call it, and one of the freshest faces ever. I'm glad for her for going down this route she's made; those are big opportunities in the business she's in. For aesthetic appeal though, I would have to go back to those seasons of 2005-2007. They dressed her better, she dressed herself better; she was a different model.

22-02-2012
V.I.P.

^wow, she has the most beautiful face i've ever seen.

23-02-2012
V.I.P.

VS

victoriassecret

23-02-2012
V.I.P.

youtube.com/askmenvideo

23-02-2012
tfs star

I still remember her first VS show,back to 2005.not mention at HF show,she have the most pretty face even at VS show.

Last edited by AlwaysNicky; 23-02-2012 at 12:22 AM.

23-02-2012
front row

23-02-2012
front row

dazeddigital

24-02-2012
trendsetter

She's shooting with David Sims. Is it possible it's her American Vogue return ?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, doutzen, february, kroes, november