How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-11-2011
front row

Anyone get Oyster magazine?

http://www.stopstealingmylook.com/eh...ey-for-oyster/

30-11-2011
Zenga Zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelMommy View Post
Gorgeous editorial. And to see this strenthen me in the idea she doesn't need this runway hype yet, despite the audience here is usually a little obsessed with runway... She'll probably get her moment there as well in time but the quality of her portfolio/roster seems more important and useful now.

30-11-2011
V.I.P.

It's not just runway. Runway often leads to campaigns.

The industry is unfair. I hope she does get her big break, but I wouldn't assume it's going to happen just because she's stunning.

01-12-2011
Zenga Zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
Runway often leads to campaigns.
Much less than we want to think here...

I keep my position that her career so far looks quite great, even compared to these girls that had good runway experiences this season. How many of them have tearsheets from Another, Dazed or Interview in their portfolio and have worked with great photographers or stylists like Ehren did? That is a much stronger "luggage" to start with than a CK exclusive (how many will get a campaign or even decent editorial work? some are lucky but...) or even a MJ campaign (remember this recent multi-girl one that was shot backstage...).

Seriously, Ehren is one of the most impressive model I have seen lately among the newcomers. And it's not just a matter of hair or special look... not only she works out tough hairdos and looks but her talent and power in print goes far beyond that. Simply haven't seen any bad picture on this thread, from test shots to the most elaborated editorial outtakes.

01-12-2011
V.I.P.

AnOther Magazine beneath...

(via Mother Model)

04-12-2011
God Save McQueen

I prefer the dark buzz to the blonde mia farrow 'do. I think the super bleached hair takes away from her beautiful bone structure.

05-12-2011
fashion elite

im glad she is in london for the month. i feel like they would love her there as opposed to milan or even paris. her look is very london however i would love it if she swept paris, how cool would she look on the valentino runway in some girly, dreamy dress with her shaved head? idk, maybe its just me but a valentino campaign with her would be awesome.

05-12-2011
Zenga Zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelaid View Post
im glad she is in london for the month. i feel like they would love her there as opposed to milan or even paris. her look is very london however i would love it if she swept paris, how cool would she look on the valentino runway in some girly, dreamy dress with her shaved head? idk, maybe its just me but a valentino campaign with her would be awesome.
It's not just you, this idea of Ehren in Valentino is awesome and that's exactly how I'd love to see her. Especially as she's got delicate and refined features that create a very interesting contrast with the shaved hair, eye-catching without looking gimmicky at all. London will surely embrace her looks without a problem but I think in time Paris and NY will do as well, just a matter of time and growing portfolio.

05-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny609 View Post
It's not just you, this idea of Ehren in Valentino is awesome and that's exactly how I'd love to see her. Especially as she's got delicate and refined features that create a very interesting contrast with the shaved hair, eye-catching without looking gimmicky at all. London will surely embrace her looks without a problem but I think in time Paris and NY will do as well, just a matter of time and growing portfolio.
I'm on the same page too... and agree with all you've said... I also agree with the person who said they preferred the brunette buzz to the platinum do... platinum seems so cliche and expected...

V.I.P.

vogue.it

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 09-12-2011 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Dead link.
08-12-2011
V.I.P.

alrighty! Vogue, now we're cooking with fire!

08-12-2011
V.I.P.

"own a dog and have a yellow kitchen..."

love it!

fashion elite

yes! vogue italia!

08-12-2011
V.I.P.

^ An editorial? Or do you refer to the video?

08-12-2011
V.I.P.

its a shame that models, their managers, or their agency's think they have to create/fabricate a "mythology" surrounding models and how she was discovered and her whereabouts before being signed (ie in erin's case cleaning houses weeks before she was moved to NYC by her agency. or a "rags to riches" storyline)

first in the ABC documentary she was going hungry, then a denial was released by the agency.... etc etc etc.

i just wish more people in this industry were more honest and earnest.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dorsey, ehren