How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-09-2011
fashion elite

hellz yea we are following her tweets. i blogged about her ***, she better make me proud! lol.

16-09-2011
V.I.P.

I'm completely in love with this girl. So much energy and personality, it's been a while since i see a model like her. Not to mention she's absolutely gorgeous. I expect big thing for her.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
is she mad at the documentary? it was exactly because of it that I found her, and I'm sure countless others who've never heard of her before.
Her mother agency wasn't very happy how everything was portrayed, it was very biased and tried to play up the "seedy, dark side"...

http://www.mothermodelmanagement.com...tory-back.html

16-09-2011
V.I.P.

wow talk about fury. will she get dropped by Mother Model Management though? Or Next model? I'm guessing Mother found her, and Next now books her.

Quote:
and a "model" who wanted to have her fifteen minutes of fame talking about things our models have never experienced, and I am guessing it's all in the name of ratings.

Final words, Ehren is not hungry, lonely, or broke...can't wait to tell you more of her story.
sidenote: although I'm sure the agency is angry, Mary is a fool if she thinks no one knows there's a seedy dark side to the modeling industry. it's not like the documentary fabricated it. they focused on it, moreso on the dark seedy parts than the positive parts. That I can understand is sensationalist journalism, but they did not misrepresent.

Last edited by Littleathquakes; 16-09-2011 at 05:38 PM.
16-09-2011
tfs star

I hope Ehren will have success in Paris... after the all-or-nothing gamble taken on her behalf (CK) seemingly produced nothing.

I'm sure the agent will inform Ehren of what she should be saying about the industry -- she won't be dropped as long as she can still potentially make them some money (hopefully herself too).

teehee -- the agent says her models are never hungry, lonely or broke??? That's because she loves them. Hint -- don't trust business associates who claim to love you!

16-09-2011
V.I.P.

what happened with CK? I didn't catch that on the documentary, I know she was shooting for Alexander Wang's show.

16-09-2011
tfs star

That was discussed on the casting thread. Speculation of course!

16-09-2011
trendsetter

OMG. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE HER!!! She's really beautiful! She has a profile on models.com http://models.com/models/ehren-dorsey :'D

16-09-2011
V.I.P.

^ I know

I watched that documentary and Ehren stole the entire show when they came to her part. she doesn't even take up the whole documentary, it's not even about her so I don't know why (if the stuff about her not getting jobs due to it is true) she's getting so much backlash for it. she comes in at the very end and it's just her incredible features that draw you in. All the other models they chronicles honestly have nothing on this girl. if she doesn't make it somehow as a model, it is beyond incomprehensible.

16-09-2011
V.I.P.

^ Do you happen to know if that documentary is also available online? I tried google but nothing came up :-/

16-09-2011
V.I.P.

yes, all parts are here: http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/celebrity_news/

16-09-2011
V.I.P.

^ yup, Ehren's part is in the "housekeeper turned high fashion model" segment, and then she wraps up the documentary in the part after that

16-09-2011
V.I.P.

Thanks a lot guys!

16-09-2011
trendsetter

why would she get dropped? as far as i can tell, no one blames Ehren. she came across as a sweet and earnest young woman and didn't really say or do anything controversial.

17-09-2011
backstage pass

I liked her candor and vulnerability in the documentary, but if she's backing off what she said and calling it "bull****" b/c she's getting heat for it, then that would be very disappointing. I would hope she had more backbone than that. As far as those two model scouts, they came across as predators to me. And now they're saying they love their girls who never go hungry or broke? Listen, they are a business, they're not the girls' mothers, in spite of the goofy name of the agency. They exist to make money off the young girls. It's not like they're running some philanthropic organization. They "love" their girls as long as they think they will make money for them. *edit - no weight discussion *

Last edited by lucy92; 19-09-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dorsey, ehren