How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-09-2008
V.I.P.

thank you for the Hogan..

04-09-2008
V.I.P.

There are pics of Elettra at patrickmcmullan and probably at wireimage at the Model Live event.

04-09-2008
at the irish pub

Quote:
Vogue.TV And IMG Celebrate The Launch Of Model.Live
NEW YORK - SEPTEMBER 03: Model.Live star Madeline Kragh, model Elettra Wiedemann, Model.Live star Austria Alcantara, and Model.Live star Cato Van Ee attend Vogue.TV and IMG's launch of Model.Live at The Bowery Hotel on September 3, 2008 in New York City.

gettyimages

Last edited by larien; 04-09-2008 at 05:21 AM.
05-09-2008
V.I.P.

Elettra Wiedemann in Sonia Rykiel.
fashionweekdaily

05-09-2008
V.I.P.

Mere hours into Fashion Week, the humidity is already wilting our spirits (and our hair). So we watched with awe as Elettra Rossellini-Wiedemann sauntered into the Yigal Azrouël show in tight leather pants; were that us, our legs would be marinating in buckets of perspiration as we wept openly and begged someone in standing room to stab us with a pen, but Wiedemann defied science and logic by looking sweat-free and calm. We're not sure what her secret is, but we suspect it has less to do with what you can buy in Duane Reade than it does with a car and driver.
Amusingly, at one point Wiedemann left her seat and followed a photographer to the venue's white backdrop and posed energetically and exaggeratedly — flipping her hair, piling it on her head, pouting, etc. She then perused the results on his digital camera, which we imagine was her way of making sure the pics would pass muster with ANTM guest judges Miss J Alexander and Nigel Barker, who chatted together in the front row. Hey, at least Elettra enjoyed the photo op.

nymag

05-09-2008
V.I.P.

Backstage at Rag and Bone show, getty
Attached Images
File Type: jpg elettra.jpg (42.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg elettra1.jpg (40.9 KB, 11 views)

06-09-2008
backstage pass

9/3 VOGUE.TV & IMG Celebrate The New Reality Show MODEL.LIVE, NYC

pmc

06-09-2008
backstage pass

pmc

06-09-2008
backstage pass

9/5 Rag & Bone Spring 2009, NYC

cafe daum

06-09-2008
V.I.P.

Elettra Rossellini Wiedemann Takes Us Around the World!

Chic Report favorite Elettra Rossellini Wiedemann wrote us suggestions of where to go AFTER Fashion Week. Here’s the scoop!
“Ahhh, air-travel…not exactly what it used to be. Now-a-days, when I get through check-in, where I am often treated by staff like the world’s biggest inconvenience, through security, past TSA agents incessantly yelling in my face (”Shoes, please…take off your shoes…MA’AM TAKE OFF YOUR SHOES!!!”) and through the terminal, elbowing my way through exhausted and stressed out crowds, I better get on a plane and be going somewhere totally exotic and new, so that I can relax and rejuvenate. Here are five places I want to go or have been, that I know soothe the soul and there is no Blackberry service.
1) Bali: Ever since I read Eat, Love, Pray I’ve wanted to go on a six month hiatus and live in a small hut that has no walls, just beautiful curtains undulating in the breeze.
2) Mali: In Western Africa, home to many wonderful things, including one of the world’s biggest global music festivals.
3) Gabon: Two words: Naïve gorillas. Seriously. Gabon is one of the last forests in the world were populations of gorillas have never seen humans before. After a long (probably exhausting) trek, when one comes across a herd, they actually walk over to you and touch your hair and your face to see what you are. AMAZING!! Just don’t look at them straight in the eye…
4) Bhutan: Maybe the world’s last, untouched kingdom. Bhutan’s country is run according to “The 5 Pillars of Happiness” and has recently opened its borders ever so slightly to allow a few foreigners to come experience this precious and wonderful Buddist country. In 2005, I believe, was the first time a phone or TV was ever used here, and for most of the people of Bhutan, life is still what it used to be hundreds of years ago.
5) Ho-Hum Beach, Fire Island: OK, not exactly exotic, but everytime I set foot in this small national park on Long Island, I struggle to understand that this type of beauty and serenity exists just an hour and a half from Manhattan. The water isn’t exactly warm or turquoise, like in The Bahamas, but the sand is wonderful, warm, and soft and the small waves set the perfect mood for a perfect nap.”
fwd

06-09-2008
The future is stupid

source | nytimes

Quote:
ELETTRA WIEDEMANN, model, activist, student of biomedicine research, daughter of Isabella Rossellini.

WHAT I’M WEARING NOW
The pants are No. 6, from their fall collection. I’m trying to get into new silhouettes — slouchier, not so tight. I love a cute-cut jean, but I started to feel like I was wearing the same thing every day. The shoes are Christian Louboutin, the belt is vintage — it’s a lion, I’m a Leo — and the T-shirt is for a charity I started with friends called jofd.org. We’re raising half a million dollars to build a solar electric hospital in Burundi, which is a tiny country next door to Rwanda.

STYLE CREDO I was part of the Future Fashion initiative, and I learned a lot about clothing production and the ecological impact it has. It made me want to buy pieces that I really love and will love for a long time. So lately I’ve been on the prowl for more interesting-looking pieces. They may not be of the moment, but they’re unique and beautiful, and I’ll wear them for years.

FOR INSTANCE A strapless jumpsuit from the Danish designer Stine Goya. It balloons around the leg and gets tight around the ankles. It’s weird and cool and I love it. I also love this silver-dipped Saltine cracker that I got from the vending machine at the MoMA. I found a chain that slips through it, and I wear it as jewelry. People are always like, “I love Saltines, too!” I think it’s kind of chic.

ON THE FLIP SIDE I saw some simple Jil Sander cashmere sweaters and thought, “I need those.”

07-09-2008
V.I.P.

I do believe photo 12 in 218 is perfection.

07-09-2008
backstage pass

9/5 Yigal Azrouel Spring 2009, NYC

9/6 JustOneFrickinDay.com Fashion Week Celebration, NYC

cafe daum

07-09-2008
at the irish pub

She is the princess of New York Thanks for the photos everyone

V.I.P.

elettra wiedemann’s favorite f-word

September 7, 2008

At Elettra Rossellini Wiedemann and James Marshall’s Saturday night launch party for their new nonprofit website, an unwelcome guest named Hanna stole the thunder, so to speak, from the likes of Angela Lindvall and Yigal Azrouël. “I’ve never seen a hurricane in New York, and I’ve lived here for 20 years—and on the night of my frickin’ party!” Wiedemann griped. Steady rains kept the terraces of the Morgans Hotel off-limits, confining the model-heavy crowd to the penthouse’s steamy interiors and forcing Wiedemann to dab at her Lancôme-perfect face with a handkerchief. She and boyfriend Marshall are hoping to raise $450,000 to build a solar-powered hospital in the impoverished African nation of Burundi. They’ve gotten a little help from designer friends—including Rogan, Rag & Bone, and Phillip Lim—whose limited-edition T-shirts are being sold for the cause. And they’ve made sure their website, www.justonefrickinday.com, is just about impossible to get wrong. “I bought all of the given spellings: freaking, fricking, with a g, without a g,” Marshall said. “And we have jofd.org, for people who are, like, totally prudent,” Wiedemann added. She’s not one of them. In fact, the project has given her a new f-word to throw around. “It became kind of an inside joke for us, and now I use it by myself, not even realizing that I’m saying it.”

style

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
elettra, rossellini, wiedemann