How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-03-2012
trendsetter

I can't wait for the translation Forrest, meanwhile I will try with Google Thanks.

#119 her outfit

18-03-2012
lost in thought

Oh thank you for the interview Forrest. I'm taking this opportunity to ask you (or any Dutch speaker) how is Elza's surname pronounced in Dutch?

19-03-2012
windowshopping

I tried to think of English words to explain the sounds, but then I realised that the 'ui' and 'ij'-sounds hardly exist in English...
But if you go to here and click the little speaker on the left, you get quite a good impression!

21-03-2012
V.I.P.

Ugh, totally forgotten the whole interview! I'll do it in the evening ot tomorrow morning,

22-03-2012
V.I.P.

Part 1:
F: How did you experience fashionweek?
Elza: It was amazing! I've learned so much. My fashionweek started in Milan, as Prada exclusive. The next day I went to Paris. In Paris I did a lot castings. I traveled with the metro, but something they give me a driver or a motordriver when i was in a hurry. It was amzing to walk the shows and to experience all those beautiful things. It's also really tough ofcourse, because you are sometimes up at 4AM in the morning and go to bed at 1 or 2AM in the morning. But it's okay, cause it was all amazing!

F: you are still in school right? How do you combine that with modeling?
E: Yes es, I'm in 5 havo, so this is my senior year! I make sure I do as much homework as possible in the time that I'm not doing modelling. Of course it is very busy, For exmaple i missed a few day’s at school because of the fashion weeks and for assignments in the Netherlands.
But I make sure that when I have a casting and I have wait there for a while, that I always have some homework with me.

F: You also have a twin sister, Vera. Yet we see you at all shows and Vera not, how is that?
E: True, I have a sweet twin sister. It's just that Vera still go to school longer than I have to, because she is in 5VWO (VWo = 6 years and HAVO = 5 years). Of course she finds it unfortunate that it takes longer for her, but Vera is just going next year!

F: Is there ever talk of jealousy?
E: Jealousy? Haha, are you crazy?! No, there is no jealousy at all. Vera is just very happy for me! She sent me every day little video’s in which she wished me luck. If I was booked for a show and I called her, she sometimes almost had to cry from happiness! I am so happy with my sweet twin sister.

F: Do you find it fun to work with your sister, or do you prefer to each have their own careers?
E: We can enjoy both of it. It’s great to shoot together. We almost do everything together and at shoots we hear often that it seems if we move together. That all the movements that we make kind a fit together. But of course it's also fun to work alone. We can’t wait to tell each other everything and of course view each others work!

F: What do you like most about modeling?
E: The best part is that modeling is very varied and it's a great feeling to walk on the catwalk, to see yourself in the shop if you walk along the magazines and to work with such creative people.

F: What do you think the best pictures of yourself?
E: Phew, that's a very difficult question. Every picture I have is different. I like pictures with a strong look, but which I find the best it’s difficult to say. I also like Catwalk Photos. I have a few favorite photos ... Two of Elza's favorite photos are top of this piece..

fashionmilk.

later the rest after work

22-03-2012
V.I.P.

Part 2

F: What do you always have with you?
E: A hair brush, because it is important that your hair is looking good if you go to a casting. I wear heels all the time, I wear them also when I go to a job. I like to wear my heels when I go somewhere, to leave a good and professional impression behind. Smintjes (little peppermints) are also always in my bag, it's very important that you smell fresh, because you work very close with other people. Finally, a bottle of water is really a must. It is very important that you drink enough water, that is very good for your skin.

F: What do you like to do for fun except modelling?
E: I'm actually very busy with modeling and catching by everything I've missed at school. But if I have time I like to meet with friends and family and do something fun together. I also like sometimes just lie in my bed and watch Vampire Diaries on my laptop. I also love shopping, but only if I find something to buy. I hate walking for hours to find nothing worth buying.. My biggest passion is really modeling and everything that goes by it. I am therefore very happy with a amazing bureau such as Fresh Model Management, and that they believed in me and my sister when we began modelling a year ago.

F: What do you want to achieve as a model?
E: What I really want is in the top 50 models models.com. Preferably in the top 10 of course, haha! If you really want something and go there 1000% for then you must succeed. I want a lot of good campaigns, magazines and shows and just enjoy my modelingcareer!

fashionmilk

24-03-2012
fashion elite

Wow, I love this girl!

26-03-2012
fashion insider

bellazon

front row

Quote:
Top 10 Newcomers FW12: Elza

16 year old Elza Luijendijk continues the Dutch streak in the current model marketplace flipping her Prada exclusive into major Paris traction at Balenciaga, Givenchy, Miu Miu and the YSL where she had opening and closing traction. As such this new IMG find is clearly one of the hottest editorial prospect of the moment proving that a classicaly beautiful girl is still a powerful ideal.
source: models

03-04-2012
tfs star

after Sonia Rykiel

thecatwalktribe

07-04-2012
tfs star

after Viktor and Rolf

thecatwalktribe

15-04-2012
fashion elite

I'm totally hooked over her. She's such a cutie And she has that supermodel era look. The best newcomer out from this season! She seems well determined about modelling in the interview, great!

Last edited by matsuchan92; 15-04-2012 at 10:48 PM.
15-04-2012
backstage pass

I like her!First time for me in her thread and wow!is she really 16?! Great look and as it seems also great personality.. Will came here more often, hope to see her in something big soon..:p

tfs star

after Giambattista Valli

thecatwalktribe

21-04-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by fralovesfashion View Post
I like her!First time for me in her thread and wow!is she really 16?! Great look and as it seems also great personality.. Will came here more often, hope to see her in something big soon..:p
no she`s 17 thanks for all the new pics

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
elza, luijendijk