How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-06-2013
V.I.P.

Galor & Steve Madden Mag launch party, June 10, 2013

galoremag.com

11-06-2013
rising star

I think Emily is very pretty, but I'm glad that I didn't have to be the first person to mention that she's more of a glamour or men's magazine model.

She has a great body for swimwear and lingerie modeling. That said I think she's more Frederick's of Hollywood than Victoria's Secret.

V.I.P.

i feel bad, actually, because i think i started this discussion and i really don't want it to come across as "bashing" or anything negative like that. when i look back at the first page of her thread and i see my initial post -- i was VERY excited about Emily and her potential. and i think that the potential is still there. the girl has everything it takes. i don't know whether it's the work that's being offered to her or whether it's her personal taste -- but, what she's doing right now isn't going to lead to a fashion career, or even a successful commercial "sexy model" career (ie: VS, SI, Next, etc). if she works hard and only accepts quality editorial work and puts effort into changing how she's portrayed - then i think she has a shot at a great career. because, as i said - she's got what it takes, the potential is there, it's just not being used, imo.

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycanadian View Post
i feel bad, actually, because i think i started this discussion and i really don't want it to come across as "bashing" or anything negative like that. when i look back at the first page of her thread and i see my initial post -- i was VERY excited about Emily and her potential. and i think that the potential is still there. the girl has everything it takes. i don't know whether it's the work that's being offered to her or whether it's her personal taste -- but, what she's doing right now isn't going to lead to a fashion career, or even a successful commercial "sexy model" career (ie: VS, SI, Next, etc). if she works hard and only accepts quality editorial work and puts effort into changing how she's portrayed - then i think she has a shot at a great career. because, as i said - she's got what it takes, the potential is there, it's just not being used, imo.
Oh, no. I didn't feel like you were insulting her work. I wasn't trying to either. I'd love to look like her.

I agree that Emily has potential for other kinds of modeling. But I think she's being wasted on "low tier" modeling. I'm not sure if I'm making sense here. That's not her fault though as much as it's the fault of her agent(s) and management.

I'd like to think she'd want to do other kinds of modeling. But you might be right, maybe she does enjoy the modeling jobs she gets.

Last edited by Lovelly1; 11-06-2013 at 04:45 PM.
11-06-2013
front row

I didn't think anyone was insulting her when labeling her as "trashy" either. With the kind of editorial work and music vids she's done, what else can you say?
And I also agree with you guys about typical VS girls: they all have amazing bodies but there's an inherent "sweetness" to their image. They are more "cheerleader" sexy versus "Terry Richardson" sexy (Just wait till he gets his hands on her. EEK!)

But I do still see that kind of potential in her, though. Maybe her agency will successfully steer her in the right direction.

Last edited by ChillChaser; 11-06-2013 at 05:29 PM.
11-06-2013
front row

^ You just said it right.

Marisa Miller for example, she was loved by most of male population in the planet because she has the dream body. But she also has this girl next door attitude, like you would want to be her friend and hang out with her and it will be fun. But Emily has an attitude (well not attitude but her work does) that makes you feel like she's going to steal your boyfriend/husband lol

I don't think anyone is bashing her, we all agree that she's beautiful and has potential but she (or her agency) are making choices that are not doing her any favors.

13-06-2013
rising star

We all seem to be in agreement that her management should be doing a better job in promoting her. I'd like to see her do high profile assignments.

15-06-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
@emrata looking hot in the #shrimptop shot by Andrew Kuykendall #refbabe

instagram reformation

15-06-2013
rising star

If she meets Terry a Purple Fashion cover-story would not sound far fetched. Seems like an obvious choice really (and I'd like to see it happen).

19-06-2013
windowshopping

There's no harm in saying it. She does look trashy and she agrees to trashy shoots. Trashy meaning solely to titillate. Her recent Chris Heads shoot especially, with her blowing smoke out of her mouth wearing a baseball hat.

Not that I mind one bit she's so willing to show off that perfect body of hers especially now that it's still young and perfect...just saying

23-06-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
From yesterday's shoot in Malibu, here is a little sneak peek

facebook Emily Ratajkowski

23-06-2013
V.I.P.

she looks a lot like Penelope Cruz in those latest candids. really pretty!

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by maynard View Post
There's no harm in saying it. She does look trashy and she agrees to trashy shoots. Trashy meaning solely to titillate. Her recent Chris Heads shoot especially, with her blowing smoke out of her mouth wearing a baseball hat.

Not that I mind one bit she's so willing to show off that perfect body of hers especially now that it's still young and perfect...just saying
Why don't you tell us how you really feel?

V.I.P.

Quote:
On the beach in Malibu. Not feeling the humidity in NYC today, June 24, 2013

facebook Emily Ratajkowski

28-06-2013
V.I.P.

In Paris june 27 and after Ann Demeulemeester show in Paris, June 28, 2013

Video link:

http://instagram.com/p/bEeCQ1oJwX/#

fashionising.com/instagram facehunter

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags