How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-08-2013
trendsetter

So perfect!!!

12-08-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
thanks Mikoh swimwear and Rosa swim!

twitter Emily Ratajkowski

18-08-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
#sneakpeek from today, August 18, 2013

instagram emrata

30-08-2013
V.I.P.

do you think she could have capitalized on the blurred lines video better? I'm surprised she isnt more of a name now.

30-08-2013
V.I.P.

Show Package – New York S/S 14: FORD (Women)

models.com

30-08-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
do you think she could have capitalized on the blurred lines video better? I'm surprised she isnt more of a name now.
She missed an oportunity by not being in the performance at the Vma's, but I guess there was little she could do about it. Sadly.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
I can answer that two ways. On the one hand someone like Ivan Bart at IMG could probably open more doors for her, but on the other hand she has done a lot more, in terms of work and media, both before and after The Blurred Lines video, than this thread suggests, her Bellazon thread is much more active.

31-08-2013
front row

^ She still hasn't capitalized as big as some people thought she would.

Look at Kate Upton. Her 'Teach Me How to Dougie' video made her a star ... Emily is still as unknown as she was before Blurred Lines. Some of her BZ fans are completely delusional when it comes to Emily's career to be honest. She hasn't done any major shoots for any magazine/company.

03-09-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLimaVzla View Post
^ She still hasn't capitalized as big as some people thought she would.

Look at Kate Upton. Her 'Teach Me How to Dougie' video made her a star ... Emily is still as unknown as she was before Blurred Lines. Some of her BZ fans are completely delusional when it comes to Emily's career to be honest. She hasn't done any major shoots for any magazine/company.
To say that she's just as unknown now as before the video is completely ridiculous. It's been viewed 170 million times and that's not because of the music. She's had blurbs in SI and Rolling Stone, and based on the SI one I would say it's a certainty that she'll be showing up in the 2014 SI Swimsuit Issue. She's about to blow up.

03-09-2013
front row

Honestly I doubt she'll make it to SI. They've shot three times already for 2014 and she ain't there. I have my own personal reasons why I'm 90% sure she won't make it to SI, and even if she does being in SI is no guarantee of blowing up, just look at the last dozen of rookies, out all of them only Kate Upton has taken advantage of it and it was mostly thanks to her youtube video.

Also, It doesn't matter how many millions of people have seen the Blurred Lines video. People still don't who she is (or any of the other girls in the video for that matter) are ... The one person becoming a household name thanks to that video is Thickie himself. As long as people can't put a name on your face, you're a nobody.

If you're going by social networking or internet buzz then Ashley Sky completely crushes Emily in every sense.

04-09-2013
V.I.P.

The Blurred Lines video came out in March, but at least to me it did not take off until the summer time and even if Emily's phone started ringing off the hook we would just now be seeing any work that came from that. Also Kate Upton came to prominence because of Sports Illustrated and Sports Illustrated comes with its own promotional machine and brand, in other words the SI models make appearances on talk shows and events, Kate did not set those appearances up, she just had to show up. Even when Kate did the Dougie, she was at a basketball game with another SI model, so I don't know if she was just a random pretty girl that the camera found. Although Kate should be credited for taking it to another level via social media.

If Emily does end up appearing in Sports Illustrated and is featured prominently that will be a big coup for her, and in that case it will be about her and we will see how she and her management handle that. Kate Upton is an interesting case, she is ambitious, has moxie, has a genuine interest in the fashion industry, and had one of the most powerful agents in the industry behind her who undoubtedly talked her up to people like Carine Roitfeld. And it should be noted that even with that foundation that things did not necessarily happen that fast for her.

Emily has a show card so I wonder if she is actually going to do castings, or even if she does not, is she going to be a scenester during the season? Now that is something that I think that she should be doing in the coming weeks.

Last edited by agee; 04-09-2013 at 05:11 AM.
04-09-2013
V.I.P.

^ Well it appears that Emily has gotten Carine Roitfeld's attention which is huge, she is on the back cover of the latest edition of CR.

Quote:
A Bruce Weber shoot graces the reverse cover of the magazine, featuring model Emily Ratajkowski in a threesome. (Her previous claim to fame was prancing nearly nude in Robin Thicke’s controversial “Blurred Lines” video.)
wwd.com

I think these are the photos:

The cover of CR Fashion Book photographed by Bruce Weber.

A spread from CR Fashion Book photographed Bruce Weber.
wwd.com

05-09-2013
V.I.P.

CR FASHION BOOK #3 Preview
Love Washes Over All

Photographed by:
Bruce Weber
Makeup: Aaron de Mey, Beauty Curator for Sephora
Hair: Didier Malige
Prop styling: Dimitri Levas
Models: Karlie Kloss, Emily Ratajkowski, Henrik Fallenius, Saville Dorfman Diogo de Castro Gomes, Marlon Teixera, Caleb Ellis, Kenneth Guidroz Jr, Greg Stellatos
Photographed on location in East Hampton NY
Note: I assume Carine Roitfeld is the Fashion Editor / Stylist

crfashionbook via karliego

Last edited by agee; 05-09-2013 at 07:03 AM.
06-09-2013
fashion insider

I love her in the Blurred Lines video. So saucy!

V.I.P.

September 2014

http://models.com/oftheminute/?p=58220

models.com

Andrew Dryden and Emily New York Fashion Week Spring Summer 2014

mitograph.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
emily, ratajkowski