How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-02-2012
fashion elite

I think Freja needs a comeback to the runways! She's not like Daria or Natalia, catwalk or not having campaigns every season! She's going down when she said goodbye to the shows. If this season she does shows in New York, Milan and Paris she can have a comeback

04-02-2012
V.I.P.

Is catalogues work better payed than editorials?

04-02-2012
rising star

I don't wanna lose hope on Freja's career.
Posted via Mobile Device

04-02-2012
An die Freude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Yes but Karlie gets also a vogue italia cover, a vogue australia cover which freja at this time hasn't. What's going on with her lately?
I already said it last year (and some people were sceptical), and it's more obvious with every month that passes.

My guess is she is taking a break from editorials. She is not even appearing in 2nd class magazines. No eds for ~six months now. Even the Dansk Magazine-cover and editorial is probably just a favour for her good friend Christian Brylle.

The lack of campaigns is a bit more worrying, but it could be for the same reason. Maybe she just accepts jobs that are directly offered to her, and her agency is not pushing her for other jobs.

^ and yes, catalogue work is usually very well paid. And you don't get paid for editorials except pocket money.

_

Last edited by candlebougie; 04-02-2012 at 06:52 AM.

04-02-2012
V.I.P.

^i'm sorry, I think it's proving more the other way around. If she really was taking a break, then why she still appear in magazines in different moths. If she taking a six months break we wouldn't say her until like april???
And still doesn't explain why she hasnt get any'blue chip campaign. She wouldn't say NO to Chanel and yes to hugo Boss (not even mainline).

I really want to believe that, but unless there is no official statement, we just can't think because we like a model that it's always her choice.

Catalogue due pay more.. i know new models get almost nothing for eds, by esthablished model don't know.

04-02-2012
An die Freude.

^ I don't get your comment. She is NOT appearing in magazines since late August/early September (with DANSK being the first exception now in February).

_

Last edited by candlebougie; 04-02-2012 at 08:14 AM.

04-02-2012
V.I.P.

^Yes i want to edit but that thing just signed me out etc. and i couldnt edit anymore.

Unless there is a official statement (like sasha) i assume she is just slowing down. Not that i want that, but i just think that's more logical to think. But if someone can prove me wrong, please do it!

But if she only does direct bookings, then still the lack of vogue covers and a bluechip campaign. i can't believe she would say yes to a second hugo boss line and no to for example Chanel.

I do like her Dansk cover btw.

ETA: Daphne Groeneveld does only direct bookings (mostly because of school), I can't believe Freja should do castings/go sees??? Or how does that work for models like freja, natasha, lara?

Last edited by Forrest; 04-02-2012 at 08:22 AM.

04-02-2012
An die Freude.

^ Ah, ok.

Well, I still think it's much more logical that she is slowing down voluntarily and IMG is pushing other models to their clients right now.

We'll see if she gets more bluechip F/W campaigns.

04-02-2012
V.I.P.

^She could be slowing down or indeed taking a break (like you said), it's not that weird. Lara, Natasha, Anja also did while they get married etc. I don't think it's per se bad, the only thing that worries me if that she got from high blue chip to second line campaigns. But she could just strike back this season.

I don't need or want to be right, but i just wait till a official statement.
I assume a lot of post will be deleted about this btw.

Last edited by Forrest; 04-02-2012 at 08:28 AM.

04-02-2012
V.I.P.

What I don't get is she is so popular, has so many friends in the industry- why wouldn't she, her agency, or at least one of her friends say something about her deciding to take some time off? I just hope it isn't something more serious causing her absence...

04-02-2012
front row

one could argue that she did so much work last year that she was risking some sort of overexposure and so has decided to take some time out to combat that. Besides it's not like she needs to keep working for money.

Saying that, I still really hope she'll walk this season and score some new campaigns.

04-02-2012
An die Freude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanel1001 View Post
frejas new interview

via issuu.com
I think this interview is worth reposting.

Quote:
Soon enough, when the work starts to falter or she's had her fill of it, Freja plans to disappear, too. "Because I think it's important that when you do this sort of job you have a goal. Mine is quite visual. It's a about having a little farmhouse, a couple of horses, musical instruments. I'll grow organic fruit and vegetables and be self-sufficient.
Maybe this break at the moment is just a sign of things to come. Less work than in the past and retirement in the next one/two/three years.

04-02-2012
V.I.P.

It can go either way with her answer in that interview.

She said when her career starts to slow down (to falter) she plans to dissapear or when she is done with it (i don't know what "had her fill of it" means).

When was this posted? Recently?

04-02-2012
An die Freude.

^ As far as I know it's from The Times newspaper, July 2011.

04-02-2012
fashion elite

Guys if you're right if she wants to do less works then she does catalogues in front of Vogue or Chanel?
Natasha is more selective than 2/3 years ago but she select big things (big campaigns, some covers), same for Isabeli, Anja. I don't see this happening to Freja. I don't like to say that but for me it's clear that she's slowed down. I'll repeat, for me her slowed is because she didn't do fashion weeks anymore. She's not Daria or Natalia, if she don't do show people don't remember her. Fashion doesn't attend anyone

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, august, beha, erichsen, freja, march