How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-02-2012
rising star

'had her fill' = bored of it
she knows if she doesnt show her face as much she wont get the big campaigns every season like she has done. she probably doesnt care that much at this point, shes got it made.

05-02-2012
V.I.P.

^not completly true, at least not for every model. Models like Natala, Daria W, Gisele, Natasha, Anja. Lara also doesn't show their face that much anymore and still getting the big fishes.

either way she is bored with it OR her career has slowed down .
Considering campaigns the second, cause she always got chanel, until now karl chooses other faves. Maybe then she decided it was time to take a little break?
The thing is: why would she take a break and do second line things.

let's see what happens at fw probably paris then.

Last edited by Forrest; 05-02-2012 at 04:59 AM.

05-02-2012
V.I.P.

IMO it looks like she's taking a "semi"-break. She was completely overexposed 2 or 3 seasons ago. She was everywhere and even I as a huge fan got sick of seeing her in so many campaigns and rocker style editorials.
I don't think you can deny that her look is still very "in". Just look at all the newbies that resemble Freja and do considerably well - Josefien Rodermans, Antonia Wesseloh, Sojourner Morrell, Melissa Stasiuk. If they get booked for Chanel shows, why wouldn't she? I definitely think it was her choice to not walk Chanel HC and Pre-Fall.
And if you look at her HF work in the past 12 months: most of the jobs she did were with Arizona. I could imagine clients wanted to book both of them at once and maybe Freja did Arizona a favor by agreeing to do the job so Arizona wouldn't miss out on it? Sounds far-fetched, I know, but it kind of makes sense. That they both got cut from the Chloé campaign is unfortunate, but since it happens all the time I don't see why people make such a big deal out of it.
Also, the Hugo campaign and the Free People lookbook clearly are jobs that pay really well. I assume they specifically requested Freja to star in it and that's why she did them.

I may be extremely biased but I really don't think the lack of work from her is a sign of her not being in demand anymore. No model goes from being a Chanel muse, Vogue covergirl and campaign queen season after season to not booking anything at all anymore. That wouldn't make sense. Not having a stellar season every season, sure, but not booking any editorials and not working with photographers and designers that have regularly booked her for years at all would seem really odd and drastic, unless she did something to seriously piss them off,lol.

05-02-2012
V.I.P.

^ábout arizona and freja: i doubt it, cause arizona is with next and freja with IMG. So it's not like they go to next for arizona and told them they book Arizona only if freja who's with img goes along..... also they don't call arizona personally. I think it's also unfair to Arizona that freja would do her a favor, arizona is the one booking eds after eds in us vogue, fendi campaign, vogue paris, vogue uk cover etc.
Freja is a top model, but she is no Gisele or Kate Moss.. And at the moment arizona is the more populair model from the two so i think that's a little to fan biased.

but i guess you're right about some points. The fall down is to hugh.
And there are many freja look a likes.
What i think that happened is that her career from being everywhere slowed down, which is not that weird, she was overexposed. I guess when she didn't book Chanel she decided it was time to take a break. I guess it's a smart move.

Last edited by Forrest; 05-02-2012 at 06:37 AM.

05-02-2012
rising star

what i mean is that those other girls like natalia, lara, daria; they can book blue chip campaigns without having to work the seasons. freja cant really do that and she knows it. for all shes represented as, she is not a media personality as such and doesnt hold the same appeal as those kind of girls do and she knows it. or even say natasha or anja who arent really known in the mainstream media but still book big campaigns. they go to events they arent obliged to attend, they like attention, theyre weddings are covered in vogue etc. this wont be freja but i really doubt shes upset by that. its already her choice not to do all that stuff that could garner her alot more attention. whether she wanders off to travel the world or sit at home all day in alexander wang pants watching danish crime boxsets and cultivating bonsai trees for the next ten years, she could do it.
not that i think she will. im just fantasising about what i would do if i was hot and skinny and loaded

05-02-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatretokens View Post
im just fantasising about what i would do if i was hot and skinny and loaded
you win one internets for that

my 2c: this break is part of a sensible long term career plan, so don't stress too much.

05-02-2012
V.I.P.

^ All true- I just, for some reason, keep remembering Karen Mulder...Just disappearing with no explanation is a little unusual...

05-02-2012
front row

yes but karen mulder had other issues - serious issues. her story is sad. but it's also not freja so...

05-02-2012
V.I.P.

^ Right- but we didn't know anything was wrong until she wasn't working all of a sudden, as I recall...I just don't understand why no one seems to know what is going on with Freja...

05-02-2012
fashion icon

I almost think Freja was forced to take a break because this season was not going to be a big season for her, tbh. She probably was notified a bit earlier that Saskia was going to be the new Chanel girl, so wouldn't this be the perfect time to take a break? I mean, it would be a little embarrassing for a model of her caliber to walk all the big shows, and not score a single campaign. She has become overexposed, just like Natasha was in 2010. Her career will eventually bounce back. I don't think she will ever be on the level of Daria or Natalia's success, but I could see her on the MCB level in the future. The best thing for her to do would be to show up in Milan with a new haircut at Gucci. The show gets a lot of press, and the buzz will be back on Freja.

05-02-2012
V.I.P.

^ Sounds good- it has been weird to not see her around!

05-02-2012
V.I.P.

I don't think she's fading..she's truly BIG in the industry and I think this is only a break..Mariacarla did the same at the end of 2006 and then she came back in a huge way

05-02-2012
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertNoir View Post
I don't think she's fading..she's truly BIG in the industry and I think this is only a break..Mariacarla did the same at the end of 2006 and then she came back in a huge way
I don't think she is fading in general, but I also don't think anyone wanted her this season. ATM, her look is too associated with Chanel for other brands to want her. I mean, she isn't exactly taking a full fledged break if she is appearing in Dansk & Hugo Boss, but not Vogue Italia & Chanel. Not trying to sound snarky. She is definitely still a star, but the cards were not in her favor this season.

05-02-2012
V.I.P.

^ Wouldn't those ad campaigns have been shot months ago?

05-02-2012
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
^ Wouldn't those ad campaigns have been shot months ago?
IDK, I thought most campaigns were shot right after the runway season, right? I think the date of shooting is irrelevant, though. The bottom line is that she didn't get any big campaigns this season, yet she still took 2 B-list jobs. Not trying to be a hater, I am a Freja fan, but I think some the stans are in denial about her taking a break. She walked the Paris shows, but nothing big came from that. She shot the campaign for Chloe, but got cut, and for those of you who thinks she is taking a break from editorials, she shot for Dansk. She can't really be taking a break if she has done all those things.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, august, beha, erichsen, freja, march