How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

02-08-2012
rising star

Vogue UK Interview

Quote:
Freja's Beauty (01 August 2012)

CUTTING out smoking and taking up power napping are just two of the secrets behind Freja Beha Erichsen's youthful beauty, as well as a healthy dose of fruit and a penchant for cult French skincare products. The model - who is the face of Valentino's Valentina and Valentina Assoluto fragrances - shares with us her favourite products, her beauty advice, and why she cuts her own hair.

Which are your favourite beauty products?

I am quite "natural" in the sense that I do not worry too much about the way I look and I like a casual look. I do not wear make-up if I do not need to. I want my skin to breathe so I make sure it is clean before I go to bed, and after I've been wearing make-up for work. To cleanse and as a make-up remover, I use Créaline from Bioderma. If I wear a foundation I use Clé de Peau. In the evening, I like to put a line of black kohl on my eyes and sometimes red lips with a Chanel Allure velvet lipstick.

What's the best beauty advice you've ever been given?

To have power naps! In the past months I have learned to have them everywhere I go and that is key for my health. To eat healthy food is also essential - especially fruit, for the vitamins. Drinking a lot of water is very good for healthy-looking skin too. Breaking news: I also stopped smoking!

Do you exercise?

I do a bit of yoga - by myself, not classes. I like to go for long walks and to garden. This relaxes me and brings a really good balance to my hectic professional life.

Have you ever had any hair or beauty disasters?

Not really. The haircut I have now, for example, I have had for years and I like it. I like to chop it myself though. It grows faster and is healthy so no disasters. Christiaan Houtenbos cut it a few years ago and I have chopped it myself ever since. Never be scared to cut your own hair, but take it easy and never go too far. Also, I keep my hair nice and clean. I prefer my hair between lengths and as for giving it texture, I like to mess it up with my fingers to give it a natural look.

Have you picked up any tips from make-up artists?

Not from a particular makeup-artist, but one of the best backstage tips is to squeeze the eyelashes with a curler to open the eyes up. It is a great tip to fight against a tired look! Also, another tip is to moisturise, moisturise, moisturise!

What sets Valentina Assoluto apart from other fragrances?

It is extremely sensual and sophisticated, but not too strong. I like this interpretation of Valentina with a touch of vanilla and chypre signature - it gives a feeling of being enveloped in something mysterious, delicate and intense at the same time. I love how it evolves and melts on the skin. The one large flower on the bottle makes it look like a precious jewel. It gives a very couture touch and is a nice contrast with the darker shades of the bottle. Sombre and soft at the same time, like Valentina and like me.

SEE WHAT ELSE FREJA SAID ABOUT VALENTINA

How do you wear fragrance?

I wear fragrances every day, on my neck and my wrist. During the day, I usually wear a light perfume, and a musky one by night. Valentina is lighter and for me, more of a day perfume. Valentina Assoluto is more sensual like an evening perfume. I do identify myself in these fragrances. Valentina Assoluto is very interesting since it is more intense and has a bit of a darker side that I like.

Valentino Valentina Assoluto is available now at Harrods and Harvey Nichols, and will launch nationwide in September.
source: http://www.vogue.co.uk/beauty/2012/0...rview---beauty

02-08-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Sex Friend View Post
that`s more about 60`s and french cinema. her image, that preudo-reading of the book, retro-cabrio and settings- all screams 60s
I was talking about the perfect mix about the music of the video and her usual strong and chic look

I mean "rock" not only in terms of "rock'n'roll"...I mean rock also for cool

Last edited by AlbertNoir; 02-08-2012 at 10:49 AM.

02-08-2012
windowshopping

Some pics from the video!

Thank to Psylocke for help :p

( and to realplayer and css for the images )

from zara.com

Last edited by ckgirlbr; 02-08-2012 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Please do not post links in sources + added image

03-08-2012
V.I.P.

New to me - Harry Winston

weibo.com u/2604504417 杂誩

MO & Co. 2012

twitter ks829

03-08-2012
V.I.P.

Paris Fashion Week

athing-of-beauty.blogspot.co.il

04-08-2012
V.I.P.

Bakken swim park, Denmark, July 28, 2012

Dyrehaven Rotary Klub in Denmark 2012

weibo.com buke

04-08-2012
trendsetter

Perfect Freja, always!! ZARA!!!

04-08-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyworld View Post
Vogue UK Interview

Breaking news: I also stopped smoking!

source: http://www.vogue.co.uk/beauty/2012/0...rview---beauty
wait...what? never thought this would happen. ever.

05-08-2012
V.I.P.

facebook Net-a-porter.com

05-08-2012
rising star

Article about Freja from Refinery29

Quote:
Just When We Thought Zara Couldn't Get Any Cooler, They Land Freja Beha

We've seen Freja Beha front plenty of campaigns before, but Zara might have placed her in the role she was meant to play. As the face of the fall campaign for the one store that we never leave empty-handed (like, ever), the new shots of the Danish model capture her spending a day just lounging around. Sounds thrilling, no? Actually, it's totally beautiful.
Part Parisian bobo, part rock-'n'-roll chic, the black-and-white photos are raw and quite glamorous, and they are infused with the Beha attitude that makes her such a camera magnet. The Zara collection is also super-stellar in its own right with extra-long tuxedo jackets, ultra sleek and modern shift dresses, and shorts studded with hardware. Overall, it's a pretty killer collection — and Beha serves as the stunning poster child.

See all of the shots from the fall '12 campaign ahead. Then, Google the closest Zara.
refinery29.com

Last edited by Psylocke; 05-08-2012 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Please don't post links as credits.

05-08-2012
V.I.P.

she's perfect in the zara ads, pure coolness.

06-08-2012
fashion elite

07-08-2012
front row

zara.com

07-08-2012
tfs star

Hi guys! may I ask where to find good pictures of freja during her short hair days?

10-08-2012
V.I.P.

MO & Co. 2012

Video link

http://e.weibo.com/1929589792/ywexsjus8

weibo.com mocoparis

Valentina by Valentino

fry-ah-be-har-eric-sen.tumblr.com

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, beha, december, erichsen, freja, march