How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-01-2013
V.I.P.

Gemma Ward
Moderator's Note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
  • Please stay on topic!
  • Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here
Thank You
------

I think some of Gemma's die hard fans are gonna have a heart attack!

Gemma Ward signs with IMG Models Australia, plots comeback; ALK is off the grid

frockwriter

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 10-01-2013 at 09:04 AM.

10-01-2013
scenester

Wonderful news, welcome back Gemma!

10-01-2013
trendsetter

veryyyyy excited ! I just hope can see her ASAP! while waiting her comeback, want to share some pics of her. haha my selection of gemma..

naver.com

V.I.P.

What a cutie! Really looking forward to seeing real soon!!

fashion insider

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

Also I just realised she's so soft-looking, not to sound weird or anything..

backstage pass

wow that's amazing, i'm really glad she's back..i hope she'll back at international fashion scene as well as soon as possible..i hope for some exclusive contract like prada or meisel which would be better

10-01-2013
backstage pass

It's clever to start with domestic market, I mean the tendency has changed dramatically from baby face to a more mature look such as Aymeline Valade,Saskia de Brauw, Kati Nescher etc, who knows how the international market will react ? But im not saying Gemma has no chance to make it , on the contrary i think she has special advantages , she might become the only supermodel of 2010s if she didn't give up early, nobody could get the hype as Gemma could, even after several years she quit, the comeback rumors attracted more discussion than IT girls do, she's unique and irreplaceable ,anyway her comeback is certainly epic no matter what results it will lead

10-01-2013
fashion elite

I don't know how things will be but i'm happy she wants to be back, i quite miss her. I think if she wants a big comeback in the big scenes she has to do a full runway comeback like new girls, not 50 shows but at least 20/25 shows, i doubt she will book covers like Vogue Paris and UK or campaigns like Roberto Cavalli or Versace without making a runway comeback. Yes, she was one of the biggest girls 5 years ago, but the industry move on very fast and i doubt they're waiting for her, i think it won't easy after so many years but i hope i'm wrong of course

10-01-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucaNatashaFan View Post
I don't know how things will be but i'm happy she wants to be back, i quite miss her. I think if she wants a big comeback in the big scenes she has to do a full runway comeback like new girls, not 50 shows but at least 20/25 shows, i doubt she will book covers like Vogue Paris and UK or campaigns like Roberto Cavalli or Versace without making a runway comeback. Yes, she was one of the biggest girls 5 years ago, but the industry move on very fast and i doubt they're waiting for her, i think it won't easy after so many years but i hope i'm wrong of course
I dunno... i think the industry IS waiting for her, actually. She had legendary status. I wouldn't be surprised if high-profile clients snapped her up.

People to this day STILL talk about her. She hasn't modeled in FIVE YEARS.

10-01-2013
front row

While I would be ecstatic to see Gemma return to hf modelling, I am wondering if perhaps she has signed with IMG Aus in a manner similar to special bookings, like many actors and celebrities are signed with modelling agencies. After all she has been pursuing acting quite seriously and like you say OllieJE, the market and aesthetic has changed from her doll-face alien hey-days.

Still, praying to the gods to see her in Vogue soon.

10-01-2013
front row

I personally think the industry would and should pay whatever she demands for her return to modelling. Someone just needs to hand her a blank cheque. This thread will blow up when she returns, if she returns.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVeed View Post
I dunno... i think the industry IS waiting for her, actually. She had legendary status. I wouldn't be surprised if high-profile clients snapped her up.

People to this day STILL talk about her. She hasn't modeled in FIVE YEARS.
I was just thinking about his!! Some models become irrelevant if they miss one season and she's been gone not ONE picture and she still has soooo many followers, fans. I'm sure she's going to be demanded!

10-01-2013
trendsetter

Pat McGrath just tweeted a old picture of Gemma that was shot by Meisel. There is definitely industry love there!

10-01-2013
trendsetter

I was a latecomer to the world of fashion and models. And even before I knew anything of either...I knew exactly who Gemma was how big of a deal she was. She was transcendent. There's no way she's not coming back to a major Vogue cover and an to a high end blue chip campaign. I doubt she'd come back just for the minor leagues....and I doubt she'd plot a comeback without doing some vetting to see if there is any interest by the big names. I'm confident if she decided to come back it's because she already has something worth coming back for booked.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL92 View Post
Pat McGrath just tweeted a old picture of Gemma that was shot by Meisel. There is definitely industry love there!
That's for sure. Edward Enninful also tweeted about missing Gemma. It's amazing to see that truly influential people in fashion miss her and want to see her back. I hope her comeback is epic.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
gemma, ward