Gemma Ward - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
16-03-2015
V.I.P.

Her comeback has left me very cold... Just one show, just one HF campaign, just two C-list covers.

16-03-2015
scenester

I'm a bit disappointed by her comeback as well- hopefully she has something great in the works...

16-03-2015
V.I.P.

^at this point, I´m doubting it... I had hope for the march cover of VI but again, nothing

17-03-2015
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative View Post
Her comeback has left me very cold... Just one show, just one HF campaign, just two C-list covers.
Vogue Australia C-List? Nope. Just no.

17-03-2015
windowshopping

Hey guys chill, she is doing wonderfully! And she is taking her career at her own pace. She is a human being and seems to be happy in her own life and own skin.Everyone was so desperate for anything from her for years, and she lands a darn Prada campaign.Yet that is not good enough?

17-03-2015
fashion insider

I think that because she was gone for so long, a lot of us just kind of moved on from Gemma (this sounds like a break up story) and then she came back into our lives without any warning and people were just left wanting more and more.

It's a pretty good career move. And she told Lily she's going to NY soon and she's going to be on Australia's Next Top Model so I'm pretty fine with whatever she's doing now, because I know that work will come from her at some point. She has a baby, let her enjoy her baby's childhood because she never really got to enjoy her own.

17-03-2015
fashion insider

No matter what she does people will want her to do more, see the last ten years of this thread for evidence lol.

V.I.P.

My "concern" about her comeback is that in 7 months she´s only done 1 blue chip campaign, she hasn´t been in any of the big Vogues or worked with any big photographer (aside from Meisel for Prada)

17-03-2015
scenester

I also feel she's working at her own pace for having a child now which is wise & I'm happy with the work she has done so far- I just hope there is more soon to come!

17-03-2015
V.I.P.

^that´s not what I´m talking about, she can still work at a leisure pace but for bigger things.
I wish her all the happiness in the world but I don´t care about her personal life, I talk only from a model´s work discussion pov.

17-03-2015
you set the scene

I get the impression that she does exactly what she wants to do, for whatever her particular reasons are, and that's it. She already had that crazy, non-stop type of modeling career and maybe she wants the option of modeling on the international scene again but doing so very part time. A huge comeback may be something the fans want but Gemma seems to want something else... I really doubt that she just isn't getting more than a few random jobs. The rest of her life seems way higher on her priority list, like she doesn't define herself as a model anymore.

17-03-2015
scenester

^^^ I totally agree, I feel she has just come back part-time. Perhaps we will see more big work from her in the future, but for now she is just relaxing and enjoying being a mother!

17-03-2015
fashion insider

She also stressed how she felt she was unable to say "no." as a full time model and now that she's only working part-time I feel like she's making the most of it.

She's definitely being more exclusive with whatever work she takes on and good for her. Personally, I think she's only back into modelling to ensure her family has financial security but that's just me.

20-03-2015
trendsetter

Her daughter is absolutely ADORABLE and so photogenic! She could become a model like her mama!

fashion insider

Just jumped from Kim Kardashian's thread to Gemma's and it's interesting to see the way how they're raising both their kids who are close in age. The actual supermodel spends her child's days relaxing on the beach and wearing colourful dresses while the wannabe fashion icon dresses her own child in only black and forces her to go to fashion shows.

Also noticed that Gemma seems to have the same tattoo as Erin Wasson. Cute.

queengemma.tumblr

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
gemma, ward