How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

31-01-2011
V.I.P.

but that can always change can it, seeing as their history got kind of tumultuous especially in Gemma's last few months
before she took off but i suppose IMG will treat her comeback as the greatest thing since they signed her up lol so i
wouldn't be surprised if they'd again represent her. although it'd be abit ironic.

anyhow i don't really care for the agency, she can come back in a spaceship for all i care and everybody'd still love it

31-01-2011
Just keep running...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31-01-2011
fashion insider

I can't stop smiling !

31-01-2011
V.I.P.

the most exciting thing about that news article is how runway ready she looks (judging based solely on her facial features and the neck), if you catch my drift.

31-01-2011
trendsetter

Im quite sure she will do an editorial in US Vogue, soon.. maybe aroud the release of Pirate of Carribeans..

31-01-2011
fashion elite

Yay, I'm so happy she's back! I bet IMG's phones are ringing off the hook

By the way, can anyone with the actual magazine tell us who shot those pictures?

31-01-2011
V.I.P.

^I bet they are. I'm so happy she's going to return

31-01-2011
V.I.P.

I'm ecstatic to see these beautiful new shots I can't believe we've been waiting years let alone months! I'm still very skeptical about her returning to modelling, I think she'll focus on acting and maybe just the odd modelling job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgrenateD View Post
i wonder if she'll go back to IMG again if ever she'll pursue modeling, given their complicated relationship..
excuse my ignorance, but can you please elaborate...

01-02-2011
tfs star

^ IMG made unflattering comments about Ward and supposedly turned down work for her. They better WERQ if they wanna keep her now. Next/Women would rep her in a NY second and make millions on her return. Success is the best revenge. Go Gem.

01-02-2011
backstage pass

this is GREAT news

01-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom View Post
^ IMG made unflattering comments about Ward and supposedly turned down work for her. They better WERQ if they wanna keep her now. Next/Women would rep her in a NY second and make millions on her return. Success is the best revenge. Go Gem.
oh I remember that silly NY Post article, I think it was just rubbish! All the information was from anonymous sources. IMG didn't say anything at all.

Quote:
IMG declined to comment for this story
Quote:
As recently as November of 2009, her agency turned down a photo-shoot offer from Harper's Bazaar, stipulating that if she were to return to its pages, it would be on the condition that she be back in modeling shape, according to one magazine insider.
http://www.nypost.com/pagesixmag/iss...etrayed?page=1

01-02-2011
trendsetter

New pictures! New pictures! Ward is baaaack !
Yep, that's how excited I am! That's great news.

01-02-2011
V.I.P.

A VIDEO!!!

Quote:
Gemma Ward delivers a video address, calls in a favour from Mario Testino

The furore of global coverage sparked by the news that Gemma Ward had broken her silence (well, kind of) on her relationship with Heath Ledger in Perth’s Sunday Times newspaper over the weekend sounds like nothing compared to the media circus the Perth Theatre Company can expect once Ward rocks up for rehearsals later this month. Ward mentioned Ledger during an interview to promote her involvement with the company’s new production of The Ugly One, which will run from March 22-April 9, with three previews starting on March 18. Last night, Ward lent yet another helping hand to the official launch of the company’s January-June season at the new WA State Theatre Studio Underground, addressing the invited guests in a prerecorded video which was reportedly filmed on her laptop from her New York bedroom. The YouTube version, needless to say, is likely to go ballistic once the company eventually puts it online.

Ward told the guests, who included her mum Claire, sister Sophie and brothers Oscar and Henry:
"I'm sorry that I couldn't be there tonight, I'm sure you're all having an amazing time soaking in the new State Theatre of Perth. I'm really excited to be on board as an Ambassador for the Perth Theatre Company and I'm thrilled to be in the opening play of the new Studio Underground.... I hope that you can all come and help us enjoy this play and continue to support the theatre. So, thank you and I hope I see some of you soon. Have a good night. Bye!".
Also lending a helping hand to the until now relatively low profile theatre company: legendary fashion lensman Mario Testino, who has given permission for one of his many archival photos of Ward (above) to be the official image of the program, a Perth Theatre Company rep tells frockwriter.

The photo, part of a beauty spread from the February 2005 edition of Vogue Paris – which Ward covered - depicts Ward clipping her eyelashes. Brilliant choice of image, in other words, to illustrate Marius von Mayenerg’s black satire about the contemporary pursuit of physical perfection.

Given the erstwhile world number one model's battles with the fashion establishment - which has been accused of turning its back on Ward once her previously coltish adolescent figure began filling out - she has made a fascinating choice of vehicle via which to make her stage debut.

A big f*** you to the fashion pack?
frockwriter

01-02-2011
fashion elite

Mario? Check. If IMG really did turn its back on her, this is one sweet form of revenge. Can't wait to see what more she has in store for us.

01-02-2011
backstage pass

Has anyone posted the video?!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2013, gemma, january, ward