How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-09-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaa lpz View Post
I love her interview on Elle France it makes me liker her even more!
I can translate it if any of you guys want me to
YEAH! THAT WOULD BE GREAT!

04-09-2012
front row

lifeinapic.com

04-09-2012
front row

lifeinapic

04-09-2012
windowshopping

Funny .. in the interview she says she'd never change her blonde hair ;;; but isn't she a fake blonde ?

04-09-2012
windowshopping

Her street style is my favorite!

04-09-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Strapped in a large bathrobe, Ginta Lapina settles in a sofa, with a dish on her knees. Quick lunch before the photoshot. Her eyes are rimmed with black khôl, her lips are vermilion. A blond lock of hair is on her forehead. 23 years-old, this top who came in from the cold is one of the stars of Women Management agency. After her debut on the catwalk, in 2007, we saw her on several campaigns, including Miu Miu, Sportmax and Marc by Marc Jacobs. She worked with David Sims and Terry Richardson, who wonderfully photographed her "hitchcockienne" beauty for Rouge Pur Couture by Yves Saint Laurent. What do we need to know about her? She answers us, while eating a salad.

Ginta grew up in Aizkraukle a small industrial town of Latvia. Sweet and sad childhood: Ginta lost her father when she was 7. "My mother raised us alone, she didn't have an easy live", she says. But the little girl and her brother are well looked after. Every summer, their grandparents received them for three months in their little village. She lived wonderful moments there. "We roller-skated, we rode on ur bikes, we swam on a small lake", she remembers. She moved to New York when she was 18, but she's very close to her family. "I love my grandparents, and my mother is my hero. We're very close".

She was scouted on the streets of Riga, the capital of Latvia, where she was doing her exams to enter the university. Clasic scene: a man approched her to ask her if she wanted to become a model. "I said no. I dind't trust him. I told him that I was going to miss the train, and I ran away". The agent, who at least got her phone number, called her non-stop. Ginta didn't answer his calls. "Finally, my mom accepted to talk to him. And he earned her trust".

If she wasn't a model, she would have loved becoming an interior designer.

She only knows how to cook one thing, a chicken stew with vegetables whose recipe she invented. "I mix tomatos, cabbage, onions, artichokes, olives and white wine. I want everybody to taste it, it's my signature".

She hates waking up early. "I'm not a morning person. I love sleeping".

When she's not painting, she paints. She loves modern art, she loves Andy Warhol. Another activity she likes: riding her bike Central Park with her friends. Most of her friends are models too. She has often problems to see them since, like her "they travel all the time". In June, she could celebrate her 23th birthday in Paris, with all her friends who were there for the couture shows. "It was great. For once, we were all together".

She collects scarfs and she owns seven copies of the same Strech Helmut Lang black jeans "not to wash them out". In summer, she lives in shorts, t-shirts and flip flops. Her "doudou"? A large whit cashmere sweater. "There's nothing more confortable to take a plane".

She refuse changing her hair colour. "I won't accept dying it. Blond is the best!".

She's allergic to praws, crab and lobster.

She's scared of snakes.

(*) I have no idea what "sanglée" means, and the dictionary didn't help, so I had to use google translator. If any of you have knows how is translate, please say it.
Feel free to correct my mistakes.

04-09-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Look who it is! @gintalapina89 @benwatts mixtape party

instagram/womenmgmt

04-09-2012
fashion elite

lovely, so fresh!

05-09-2012
front row

I think by what she means by refusing to dye her hair is that she would never dye it any colour but blonde. I know she lightened her hair to its current shade, but she is a natural blonde. I just don't think we'll be seeing a brunette Ginta anytime soon! (:

05-09-2012
trendsetter

Thx for translation and what's the interview for? It did help me get to know her pretty more.

05-09-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnastasiaShiko View Post
lifeinapic
HQ

andrea-mode.blogspot

05-09-2012
Blood On The Leaves

THEWORLDSBESTEVER

06-09-2012
V.I.P.