How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

24-09-2010
tfs star

Gisele Bundchen: Brazil Gala at the MET!
Supermodel Gisele Bundchen strikes a pose in a custom Calvin Klein Collection dress outside the MET Museum before attending the Brazil Gala in New York City on Thursday (September 23).
The 30-year-old Brazilian beauty and new mom has been making the museum rounds in NYC as she stopped by the American Museum of Natural History on Monday for the United Nations Millennium Development Goals Summit kick-off.
The Brazil Gala is helping to provide resources for the non-profit BrazilFoundation.

justjared

24-09-2010
hors concours♛

Supermodel Gisele Bundchen stepped out the The Brazil Foundation's 8th Annual Gala Benefit in NYC on Thursday night where she stunned in a shiny, burgundy, floor-length gown made for her by Francisco Costa, creative director for Calvin Klein and a fellow Brazilian. Gisele seemed to have had a great time mingling with guests -- including her twin sister, Patricia -- and she even delivered a speech.

huffingtonpost

24-09-2010
V.I.P.

@ MET Museum attending the Brazil Gala - untagged HQ's

[superiorpics.com]

24-09-2010
hors concours♛

Harper's Bazaar Mexico oct 2010

giselebundchen.com

24-09-2010
hors concours♛

lol

Quote:
I think it's a fair statement that Gisele Bundchen is Brazil's best export -- yes, more than coffee -- a fact she proved last night at The New Brazil foundation Gala at The MET when a Brazilian millionaire dropped $50,000 to buy the dress off her back.
It wasn't creepy or anything, the Calvin Klein dress was part of an auction to benefit social projects in Brazil, but it proves just how far some men will go to get between Gisele and her Calvin.
nypost

24-09-2010
hors concours♛

YES!

Quote:
Gisele told me last night she just might be making a stop in Paris next week. Any guesses which show she's doing? Getting excited for #PFW!
derekblasberg twitter

24-09-2010
hors concours♛

youtube

24-09-2010
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelabella View Post
YES!

derekblasberg twitter
After seeing Gisele spotted with Nicolas from Balenciaga I think we will see her back on the catwalk for the brand! I hope so

24-09-2010
hors concours♛

yes I think so too, dang paps ruined a good surprise :p

24-09-2010
V.I.P.

I liked a lot the dress she wore at the Gala.

24-09-2010
hors concours♛

Quote:
Brazil has no shortage of high-fashion exports—need we say more than just "Gisele"? And many of the country's own—including the bombshell supe—turned out last night to support the Brazil Foundation, which held its eighth annual gala at the Met in New York last night. Andrea Dellal, in Dolce & Gabbana; Carlos Mota; and Vik Muniz were on hand for the fÍte. But the occasion wasn't all play, as it turned out; like any gala, there was business to be done, too. The Brazilian marketing guru Nizan Guanaes, the evening's chair, set a $2 million goal for the night's fundraising, and, lo and behold, the attendees surpassed it. (The final tally was around $2.5 million.)

There's Gisele to thank, at least in part, for that. She contributed $50,000 on her own, and then she took the mic to extemporaneously auction off her floor-length Calvin Klein Collection gown. ("Are you OK with that, Francisco?" she called to her friend the designer, at her side. What was he going to say? No?) "I'm not going to take this dress off here, because I'm a mother now," BŁndchen said in Portuguese. "But after the party, I'll give it to the winner." She set the price at $50,000 and said, "If no one pays, Nizan will have to pay!" Nizan did—and his lucky stepdaughter, Helena Bordon, currently an intern at Valentino, is now the proud owner of a Gisele hand-me-down.
style.com

24-09-2010
V.I.P.

She looks beautiful. i love the dress

24-09-2010
hors concours♛

This is Gisele's dad on a late show, could anyone translate a little of what he says about Gisele?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSEAFTq_HJU
(youtube)

24-09-2010
trendsetter

well, i tried to translate, my english is not the best but i tried it

JŰ: he teaches how to reach the success both professionally and personally, it is a matter that he knows really well, Valdir BŁndchen come here...
I don't know why, but i think your daughter is much more beautiful than you
Valdir: Good to know, that's a good sign

JŰ: of course you all realized that Valdir is Gisele's father, who is such a nice girl, every time she comes here, her interviews are always great; because she is an amazing and intelligent woman; in the shows i notice she has something different from the other girls, she has an expression you realize that she has something inside too, because some models that i won't say names the only thing's missing is split in the face of the watchers, but Gisele's seems is not like this, she seems to be very generous. Well, i talking to gisele's father *now he talks about the book that Gisele's father's releasing and about how many daughter he has*

JŰ: How old did Gisele started doing fashion shows?
Valdir: i think with 14, i'm not sure but i think it was at this age.

JŰ: Does she still with that voracious appetite she used to have? Because she loved to eat a lot and eat junk food, which are the best, she eats a lot to scare every model and she still thin.
Valdir: i think she's changing...

JŰ:
she is eating less??
Valdir: no, she's eating in a healthy way i believe, and also i believe that everything has your certain age and at this moment she's passing by other cycle, and that's the way cycles are...

JŰ: tell her if her SolitŠria (tapeworm Taenia) have babies *this part may not be so clear i haven't found a better way to translate it, but usually we say the person has a Solitaria when this person eats a lot*, i want one , because she eats really well ...

*and they start talk about the book again*

Valdir: i never thought about have a daughter who would be a model one day. One day a guy *i couldn't understand his name* of our town who was starting his business made one casting and said that one of our girls had the features to be a model, it sounded strange for me and i disagreed of the idea, but in our family we have a philosophy which you can't steal anyone's dream,one this dream was awaken we had to make a premature decision of sending a 14 years old girl to the fashion market in Sao Paulo
Jo: yeah, it is a very complicated situation...
Valdir: Yeah, it was a very complicated situation, because for Sao Paulo people she was just one more girl but for us she was a daughter we sent to fashion market, it is really complex
JŰ: yes, because anyone's able to predict someone's future
Valdir: well, since this moment we were really insecure; children always ask to their parents: "Dad what can i be?" or "What career should i follow?", since this we started to research what kind of signs we could identify exactly what kind of profile the other girls would have

JŰ: are the other girls younger than Gisele?
Valdir: The oldest is Raquel who's already 37, Graziela who's 35; the twins, Gisele and Patricia are 30, Gabriela is 28 and Rafael is 23.
JŰ: well, you don't stop...
Valdir: that's good

JŰ: Is Gisele the only model?
Valdir: Yes that's true, but i think each one in her own way is a model.

JŰ: yes, you're right. As you said in this time you had a crisis in function of Gisele's request?
Valdir: no, cause in the 40s, life is made of cycles, our difficulties take turns in function of these cycles; we had a big family so were the problems *he give some examples*...
*and then they tak about the book again and Valdir experiences*

-----
so this was the first part of the interview i'll try to translate the other part...

24-09-2010
hors concours♛

jess thanks so much! its perfect! Karma

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, bŁndchen, gisele, march, november