Heidi Mount (April 2006 - March 2010) - Page 103 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
06-07-2009
V.I.P.

maybe not here, but i saw bad comments for instance vogue Uk thread where she was on the cover, and people were like "omg heidi" something like that, i saw it many times

06-07-2009
V.I.P.

^ it's at the Chanel FW 09 ad thread
And I agree, everyone's entitled to their opinion and you don't necessarily have to like a model, but some of the comments on that thread are just plain condescending, and not really constructive criticism either
The usual "oh she's so ugly!" or "she ruins the ad!!" kind of thing. Negative comments are the norm, but respectful as you said would make it more acceptable.

06-07-2009
French Chic

Filipe I fully understand you're post and this is a forum and I don't just expect fans of a certain girl to visit her thread, I myself have visited threads of certain girls and explained what I didn't like about them.......in a constructive way I believe. Now I wouldn't bother as you get attacked from every angle. Anyhow in some other threads the comments regarding Heidi are just cheap shots.

06-07-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by limy View Post
And I agree, everyone's entitled to their opinion and you don't necessarily have to like a model, but some of the comments on that thread are just plain condescending, and not really constructive criticism either
The usual "oh she's so ugly!" or "she ruins the ad!!" kind of thing. Negative comments are the norm, but respectful as you said would make it more acceptable.
Oh ok I see what you mean, people that make such negative about models usually never come to their threads so they criticize there which is on the mags & ads threads, it's always that way, people critizise too much & sometimes I get sick but right now I just don't care I simply ignore, they are never satisfied with anything, geez ... the thread of the Gucci SS 09 campaign was the one where I got more sick so far that was continual bashing to the same model which actually it was the model that was working more in those ads, people are never happy & are too damn biased. most of these people need come outside, catch some fresh air & get a life for god's sake!

PS: Heidi did Dior couture, so get ready because the runway shots will be coming out asap!

Last edited by Filipe; 06-07-2009 at 09:18 AM.

06-07-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by limy View Post
yeah, i just gave instance, you know

06-07-2009
V.I.P.

^ oh sorry I meant to point at Filipe's response

06-07-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe View Post
Oh ok I see what you mean, people that make such negative about models usually never come to their threads so they criticize there which is on the mags & ads threads, it's always that way, people critizise too much & sometimes I get sick but right now I just don't care I simply ignore, they are never satisfied with anything, geez ... the thread of the Gucci SS 09 campaign was the one where I got more sick so far that was continual bashing to the same model which actually it was the model that was working more in those ads, people are never happy & are too damn biased. most of these people need come outside, catch some fresh air & get a life for god's sake!

PS: Heidi did Dior couture, so get ready because the runway shots will be coming out asap!

Very well said and it's infuriatingly annoying if you ask me. Those threads seem to become more and more about who's favorite model gets picked instead of what the thread is suppose to be about: the cloths and the designer name. If they felt that was the best model out of the bunch to represent their clothing line for that season, then people need to understand and see why that model fits instead of complaining that Heidi is not their favorite model and start whining why their favorite model isn't on every single campaign.

And I just happen to think Heidi does her job much better than others. Even though I don't think she really embodies the Chanel brand (I actually think Claudia and Daria were the best embodiments of the brand), Heidi still gets the job done and she delivers the ads exactly how Chanel is supposed to be delivered: classy, sophisticated, and nostalgic.

06-07-2009
V.I.P.

I'm suprised that no one posted anything yet...
Dior

gettyimages.com

06-07-2009
V.I.P.

Yay!
So I'm guessing Chanel HC is a given?

06-07-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyChanel View Post
Very well said and it's infuriatingly annoying if you ask me. Those threads seem to become more and more about who's favorite model gets picked instead of what the thread is suppose to be about: the cloths and the designer name. If they felt that was the best model out of the bunch to represent their clothing line for that season, then people need to understand and see why that model fits instead of complaining that Heidi is not their favorite model and start whining why their favorite model isn't on every single campaign.
Thanks & very good comment as well. ... you're very right, the problem is that most people don't understand the designers' choice when they say the model is wrong for that, but that's because they think they are totally right & that they know everything but just happens that nobody cares about they say & they won't change anything by saying that that model is wrong for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyChanel View Post
And I just happen to think Heidi does her job much better than others. Even though I don't think she really embodies the Chanel brand (I actually think Claudia and Daria were the best embodiments of the brand), Heidi still gets the job done and she delivers the ads exactly how Chanel is supposed to be delivered: classy, sophisticated, and nostalgic.
Exactly, she does delivers, Mount is perfect for Chanel she has that classy beauty, ellegance etc. Karl likes her, I'm sure he thinks she's perfect for that & he's in the fashion industry for decades, he sure knows which is the right model for that or not, but people just think they know everything & they don't even want to understand why she's there, the first things that come to their minds is what they write with their level of negativity at 100%.

06-07-2009
V.I.P.

omgomgomg she looks so stunning at dior!!!

06-07-2009
V.I.P.

she looks amazing at Dior!!

06-07-2009
Mr. Magic

gettyimages

06-07-2009
V.I.P.

just WOW, Go Heidi!!

06-07-2009
V.I.P.

amazing! amazing!