How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-03-2014
V.I.P.

Heidy De La Rosa
Does she really NOT have a thread already

Source: fashionmodeldirectory.com
Quote:
Height: 5'10" ; 178cm
Measurements: (US) 33-25-35.5 ; (EU) 84-64-90
Dress size: (US) 2-4 ; (EU) 32-34
Shoe size: (US) 9.5 ; (EU) 41 ; (UK) 7
Date of Birth: 1989
Place of Birth: Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico
Agency: IMG New York & London

02-03-2014
V.I.P.

02-03-2014
V.I.P.

02-03-2014
V.I.P.

02-03-2014
V.I.P.

02-03-2014
V.I.P.

02-03-2014
V.I.P.

02-03-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Models Confidential with Heidy - Puerto Rican model, Heidy de la Rosa, knows a thing or two about looking good (evidence above) and luckily for us, she’s sharing secrets! Although now, Heidy travels the world with model friends like Chanel Iman and heats up magazine pages, the beautiful model recalls a time of awkward youth. Well, those days are long gone and now the ocean loving model is sharing everything from her obsession with coconut oil to her big plans for this year’s Coachella festival. Check out our interview below for everything Heidy:

We love that you are from Puerto Rico! What are the 3 things you HAVE to do when you go home? Puerto Rico is so beautiful. I’m blessed to call it home. I need to first and foremost see my family/loved ones, then enjoy a delicious home cook meal made by my mom and after it’s time for the warm water year round beach. It doesn’t matter what time it is, you can find me swimming in the ocean at night as well.
What is the craziest location you have ever shot at? Anyone that knows me knows I DON’T like cold weather. I shot at this beach in Australia during their winter and had to get in the freezing cold water. That was so crazy to me but we got the shot!

Who are some photographers that you are dying to work with? It would be wonderful to work with Mert & Marcus and Steven Meisel.

What do you feel most comfortable modeling: high fashion, ready to wear, swim or lingerie? I’m comfortable in my skin especially growing up on the beach so I must say swim and lingerie.

Did you always know that you wanted to be a model or is it something that just happened? It definitely happened. In middle school I was so not cute. Kids made fun of me. I was a mix between tomboy/nerd with crooked teeth. But THANK God for braces and contact lenses. Whole new better me, then when I started high school people would mention that I should model.

Which iconic models did you look up to early in your career? Cindy Crawford and Gisele Bundchen.

What are some beauty products you swear by? WATER! Drink lots of it. Keeps you skin glowing and your body healthy. I also like to maintain my skin silky soft. So I shave my legs with COCONUT OIL, then right after my shower on towel dry skin I apply COCOA BUTTER OIL with 15 SPF and then COCOA BUTTER LOTION.

You looked so amazing at last year’s Coachella Festival with Chanel Iman and we read on your Twitter that you will be returning! What are a few bands on the lineup that you are looking forward to see? Aww…Thank you! We had a blast. Tell you the truth I don’t know many of the artists and bands that will be performing this year. But I LOVE music so its going to be a great opportunity to discover and listen to a lot of new sounds. Will definitely be looking forward to seeing 2 Chainz, Pusha T, Wu-Tang Clan, Cafe Tacuba and The Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

What are a few festival fashion items that you can’t step on the fairgrounds without? For me is all about being comfortable on those desert long hot days. I need my sunglasses, comfortable footwear, cross body bag, hat and my Theodora and Callum scarves. They are perfect when it gets a bit chilly at night I just wrap myself with it or when I get so tired of running around I lay it on the grass and rest on it.
Posted on Feb 6, 2013 in: In the Know
Source: modelinia.com

02-03-2014
trendsetter

I've been hesitant to start it haha She has something in the March InStyle, it's an ad I believe.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Heidy De La Rosa, Model, And Her Secret To Great Summer Hair - When we spotted Heidy De la Rosa in Greenwich Village, we were envious, curious and awestruck all at the same time. Not only did the leggy model catch our attention because of her tall stature, but her thick locks and bold brows also had us taking a second glance.

When grilled about her beauty routine, Chanel Iman's BFF had lots of helpful tips for the warm-weather months. "I don't like when my hair gets too oily, especially in the summer, so I just use shampoo and I put oil drops at the ends. [That way] my roots stay oil-free and the wash lasts longer." She continued with even more tricks to make your strands stay clean for days on end. "My hair isn't oily but I don't like to wash it everyday, so I just wash it with shampoo and if I do use conditioner, it's from the nape of my neck down."

As for her other beauty secrets, the most important thing, she stresses, is what you put into your body: "I've noticed that beauty starts from the inside, so drink a lot of water to stay hydrated and eat good food."
Source: huffpost.com

Last edited by modelista; 02-03-2014 at 01:22 AM.

02-03-2014
V.I.P.

Casting Call: Heidy de la Rosa
Quote:
Heidy De la Rosa paid us a visit a few weeks back. The Puerto Rican born beauty talked to us about her career and her aspirations. She has been featured in campaigns for Pantene, Tresemme, and Theodora & Callum, and graced the pages of Women’s Health, Latina Magazine and Glamour. Heidy was kind enough to take our little quiz, giving herself an A+ as her final grade. Check out her A+ worthy answers below !

Name: Heidy De la Rosa
Hometown: Puerto Rico
Item I can’t leave home without: Cell phone
When I go out I love wearing: A flowing dress
Favorite sport to watch: Basketball
First thing I notice about a guy: His eyes
First thing guys notice about me: My hair!
I feel sexiest: In my birthday suit
Celebrity you would choose to do a kissing scene with: Bradley Cooper or James Franco or Johnny Depp or….
Biggest fear: Not doing what I love and not living life to the fullest
Items on my bucket list: Travel to the moon, learn to race cars, and join the mile high club
Best place I’ve gone for a shoot: Jamaica
Ideal swimsuit shoot would be in: El Yunque, Puerto Rico
Song I’m currently loving: Wild For The Night by A$AP Rocky and Skrillex
My random skill: I have great dance moves, I can turn into a pretzel, and I can eat a lot!
Signature scent: Black Orchid by Tom Ford
My favorite clothing item: Black leather Helmut Lang leggings
Source: swimdaily.si.com

02-03-2014
V.I.P.

VIVRANT THING: HEIDY DE LA ROSA PHOTOGRAPHED by {HASSAN KINLEY}

Quote:
Photography by Hassan Kinley Featuring Heidy De La Rosa from New York Model Management
Once in awhile I come across a person who I think is destined to be a star. Heidy Allende is that person. This Dominican/Puerto Rican mixed beauty is the real deal. Don’t take my word for it check her out for yourself.
Special thanks to Chike, Coodie and Dame over at Creative Control for making this shoot possible. - posted October 2009

Heidy’s Favorite things:
Book: Anything inspiring or that I learn from. Last book I read recently n liked was “Do you” Russell Simmons.
Film: I like action, drama, romance and comedy(also into independent films): 9weeks 1/2, Unfaithful, Wild orchid, Troy, Forrest Gump, American Gangster, Slumdog Millionaire, Coming to America, Little Mermaid and the list goes on and on…..

Song: Uuuufff!! More like songss…too many! Love music with passion. In my ipod I listening to everything. Especially sexy feel good music…80′s, R&B, HipHop, Salsa, Reggeaton,Brazilian music, all that good stuff!

Quote: Let us more n more insist on raising funds of love, kindness, of understanding, of peace! Mother Theresa

Meal: Hmmm…love seafood. Lately been having for breakfast egg white omelette sandwich with veggies, lobster clubs and salmon! Que rico…!!

Garment: man dress shirt(especially if the shirt is my man’s shirt) with jeans or short skirt

Place: El Yunque Rain Forrest, Puerto Rico

Vice: Hmmm…main one can’t mention(is not drugs or alcohol) the other is cupcakes! Hehe!

Photographer: Mario Testino & Sante D’orazio

Artist: Victor Matthews

Quote:
K+R Questionnaire:
What makes you happy? When my loved ones are happy…I’m happier!

What do you dislike most about yourself? I’m not perfect…but there isn’t anything specific I dislike about myself.

Who is your favourite living person? My mother and my grandmother!

What is your current state of mind? Love, peace and happiness!

What is a quality you like most in a man? Funny and def. a gentleman, open door, lady’s first, all that good stuff. Rare to find now days. And before didn’t care until I had a boyfriend, he was such gentleman and I loved it.
Quality I like in a woman? Girls aren’t the nicest to me. Don’t know why!? But if they just smile and are cool nice girls. That good with me.

Which talent would you like to have? I still don’t know…..
If you can change anything about yourself what would it be? Nothing! I like my imperfections. Learned so much from them!

What is your greatest achievement? Deciding to move from my small town in Puerto Rico to come live in NYC

What is your most treasured possession? Nothing…I’m not materially attached to anything.

Your perfect day begins with a smile and ends with a bigger smile.

Motto: Possible!?…EVERYTHING!

Sexy is being comfortable n confident.
Source: karinandraoul.com

Last edited by modelista; 02-03-2014 at 01:53 AM.

02-03-2014
V.I.P.

Sorry for the reposts

ph: Aram Bedrossian

Source: arambedrossian.com

Last edited by modelista; 02-03-2014 at 02:10 AM.

02-03-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Heidy De La Rosa
Queen of the Jungle
by Prince + Jacob

Source: princeandjacob.tumblr.com

02-03-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
HEIDY DE LA ROSA @ IMG
LOVECAT MAG # 1 OUTTAKE