How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-06-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMiss View Post
I think she was pretty much the part of this group... but agree maybe Claudia, Cindy, Naomi, Linda, Kate Moss, Christy had more exposure ... not so sure about Carla though because she never become that famous in the US whereas Helena did Revlon, Cover Girl, Victoria's Secret, etc.
Carla was always called as aristocrat model, in 90s she was always huge in Europe- dont know US part, Carla walked so many haute couture runways from Dior to Versace.she was muse as I remember

Helena as European- also famously linked to INXS frontman in the past- she was in every editorial but not as cover model.I think she's underrated.Her haircuts were huge trendsetter too.in 90s

but Cindy was my favorite of all supers

Last edited by glamrockgal; 28-06-2013 at 08:42 AM.

28-06-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamrockgal View Post
Carla was always called as aristocrat model, in 90s she was always huge in Europe- dont know US part, Carla walked so many haute couture runways from Dior to Versace.she was muse as I remember

Helena as European- also famously linked to INXS frontman in the past- she was in every editorial but not as cover model.I think she's underrated.Her haircuts were huge trendsetter too.in 90s

but Cindy was my favorite of all supers
Carla is one of my favourite models but I don't think she walked more shows than Helena... and Helena definitely scored more covers/campaigns than her... she's been on the cover of Elle magazine over 100 times... and had more Vogue covers too... with an exception of Italian Vogue...
I don't think Helena was underrated... maybe she was not as fiercely ambitious as Naomi or Linda or Cindy... she stated that many times in her interviews... she never fought for jobs like other girls did...
But nowadays, she doesn't get the high end fashion campaigns like Christy or Naomi... or solo Vogue covers... but at the same time she does lots of cool editorials and commercial projects like Triumph, Specsavers, etc. Not as exciting as Prada or Gucci but still... ;-)

29-06-2013
V.I.P.

dailymail.co.uk

01-07-2013
V.I.P.

ELLE France 20th May 1991
Decoupes Fatales
Model: Helena Christensen
Ph: Nadir
Stylist: Laurence Heller-Selignac
Hair: Donald
Makeup Pascale Guichard

Scans by kelles

V.I.P.

^I can't get over how amazingly sexy she looks in this editorial Probably one of my favorites of all the vintage editorials with her that have been posted. Though most of her work in the 90's was just fantastic. She looks great in the newer pictures, too!

02-07-2013
V.I.P.

FutureClaw

JedRoot

02-07-2013
front row

Quote:
Carla is one of my favourite models but I don't think she walked more shows than Helena... and Helena definitely scored more covers/campaigns than her... she's been on the cover of Elle magazine over 100 times... and had more Vogue covers too... with an exception of Italian Vogue...
I don't think Helena was underrated... maybe she was not as fiercely ambitious as Naomi or Linda or Cindy... she stated that many times in her interviews... she never fought for jobs like other girls did...
But nowadays, she doesn't get the high end fashion campaigns like Christy or Naomi... or solo Vogue covers... but at the same time she does lots of cool editorials and commercial projects like Triumph, Specsavers, etc. Not as exciting as Prada or Gucci but still... ;-)
I agree on how much editorials and elle covers Helena had.I told as underrated comparing to superstar model status of Cindy,Claudia, Linda,Naomi and how they got this worldwide celebrity status like Madonna or Michael jackson in late 80s to 90s.Amber Valetta and her (Helena) were always in the 90s magazines like they were underrated compared to Cindy,Linda,Naomi,Christy,Claudia supers.

02-07-2013
V.I.P.

Of course, nothing can be compared to the fame of big 5 + Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamrockgal View Post
I agree on how much editorials and elle covers Helena had.I told as underrated comparing to superstar model status of Cindy,Claudia, Linda,Naomi and how they got this worldwide celebrity status like Madonna or Michael jackson in late 80s to 90s.Amber Valetta and her (Helena) were always in the 90s magazines like they were underrated compared to Cindy,Linda,Naomi,Christy,Claudia supers.

03-07-2013
rising star

Ph: Paco Navarro
source: paconavarrophoto.com/

03-07-2013
rising star

03-07-2013
rising star

Ph: Peter Lindbergh
Source: peterlindbergh.com

04-07-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
FutureClaw

*Don't quote pictures*

JedRoot
I am speechless

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 11-07-2013 at 11:09 AM.
04-07-2013
V.I.P.

as a matter of fact, me too;-)

but the price of the magazine is crazy! they charge $120 incl. shipping... and it is only 200 smth pages...

04-07-2013
V.I.P.

Vogue Italia April 1993
Helena as... Gilda
Photo Michel Comte
Illustration Thierry Perez
Editor Anna Dello Russo
Model Helena Christensen
Hair Madeleine Cofano
Makeup Ariella

lylascans.tumblr.com

fashion elite

Is there an article or interview in Futureclaw?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
christensen, helena