How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-07-2012
fashion insider

Hilary shot for Nike on Monday in LA and another shoots in NYC past week
Posted via Mobile Device

20-07-2012
fashion elite

She has been busy. I can't wait to see her work for Nike
Posted via Mobile Device

21-07-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Denim on denim for a cold #rainyday (oh hey Winnie)
web.instagram.com/HilaryHrhoda

Quote:
Here's one for laughs: elephant sneezed on me while I was mounted on it in India. At least it's a good story to tell
web.instagram.com/HilaryHRhoda

Quote:
Like mother, like daughter...
web.instagram.com/HilaryHRhoda

Last edited by Flashbang; 21-07-2012 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Merging posts.

21-07-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Hilary Rhoda is a girl about town whose style is well worth chronicling. The model is taking notes on her weekend wares exclusively for BAZAAR this summer. Read her latest installment below and check back each week for the chic update.

Look 1: Tennis is not only one of my favorite sports to watch, it’s my favorite sport to play. And who says you can’t look stylish while getting some exercise? I haven’t played as much as I’d like this summer, but after I watched the Wimbledon championships last weekend, I immediately scheduled a lesson. I wore this awesome white Mike & Chris sweatshirt that is cut to look like a leather motorcycle jacket. Although it is quite casual, I can wear it over dresses, to the gym, and to play tennis. I wore it over my Prince pleated tennis skirt, and finished it off with my purple and white Nike high top sneakers. They actually have a hidden wedge inside! Needless to say, I changed into my appropriate tennis shoes when I got to the court, but it was really fun pairing these with my tennis outfit.

Look 2: I told you I loved red, white, and blue! I had fun wearing this outfit because of the mix of fabrics and patterns. I wore a St. James striped boat-neck shirt with Isabel Marant grid-pattern cuffed shorts with a ruched waist drawstring. The shirt is very thick and durable material, and since it’s summer, I pushed up my sleeves. My shorts have a faint pattern of white and red lines on it, which adds texture but doesn’t compete too much with the nautical top. I found this red saddle purse at Urban Outfitters a couple of years ago. It’s one of the least expensive purses I own, and I probably wear it the most. The color of the purse brings out the red detail in my shorts. To harden up the look a bit, I wore my studded K. Jacques sandals.

Look 3: I decided to take my usual casual Sunday garb and spice it up with a little pop of color. American Apparel makes really versatile denim pencil skirts that I bought in a variety of colors. Yesterday, I wore my neon green version and kept the rest of the colors in my outfit muted. I wore a slouchy, gauzy American flag t-shirt from Brandy Melville that I love because it’s got a cool, distressed look. I have a tendency to half-tuck all of my shirts into my shorts, skirts, etc., to make my outfits a little more casual and thrown together, which has earned it nickname “The Rhoda Tuck.” (Try it on your next outfit!) On the feet, I wore my gray canvas Pierre Hardy sandals with a gorgeous wooden wedge. Grey and brown are not normally two colors you’d expect to look good together, but it really works with these shoes! For me, Pierre Hardy shoes are like artwork — they really are beautiful to look at. I kept my eyes protected with Rebecca Minkoff shades. The gold outline on the frames of these sunglasses are so different and fun, I always get compliments when I wear these!
You can follow Hilary Rhoda on Twitter here.

Photo Credit: Courtesy Hilary Rhoda

harpersbazaar.com

26-07-2012
fashion elite

Weekend Warrior: Summer Days with Hilary Rhoda
July 23, 2012 2:00 PM by Hilary Rhoda
Hilary Rhoda is a girl about town whose style is well worth chronicling. The model is taking notes on her weekend wares exclusively for BAZAAR this summer. Read her latest installment below and check back each week for the chic update.

Look 1: This weekend was all about relaxing and recharging, which reflected in the outfits I chose to wear. On Friday, I woke up to gloomy, overcast weather at 5:30 AM for an early morning workout. I checked my Twitter while I was still in bed and learned of the tragic news of the Colorado shootings. So awful and sad. I was glued to the television for the latest news coverage for the rest of the day, praying for the victims and counting my blessings. Sometimes the most comfortable clothes we have in our closets are pieces we borrow from the boys. My shirt is from the J.Crew Men's Shop at the Liquor Store in Tribeca. This boutique has taken over the space of an old favorite neighborhood watering hole, the Liquor Store Bar. While the bar is mostly still in tact, they unfortunately do not serve drinks anymore. But just because it has men's only clothes, ladies — do not be afraid to step inside! I have found lots of cool, unique pieces here. My Rag & Bone jeans also have a more relaxed fit without being too baggy. I love the contrast of the light wash jeans and dark shirt.

Look 2: I spent the majority of my Saturday in a bathing suit, lounging by the pool at my Mom's house with family and close friends. I love mixing and matching my bathing suits. I wore a classic triangle top from American Apparel in a pretty neon pink and the bottoms were from White House Black Market. I love the versatility of a reversible bathing suit. The bikini bottoms are black and white stripes on one side and solid black on the other. String bikini bottoms are very cute and flattering, but brief-style bottoms are equally as comfortable and give a clean, classic look.

Look 3: I've had this Nation LTD t-shirt for years and I wear it with everything. I love the relaxed look of the deep v-neck and rolled pocket. I tucked it into an Opening Ceremony knitted skirt. How cool is the denim waistband detail? Opening Ceremony is an amazing store to find unique designer pieces. I also love its namesake line of clothing. The skirt is perfect for wearing poolside to a BBQ or for happy hour cocktails! My favorite Rag & Bone sunglasses finished off the look along with some Jennifer Miller stud earrings. Jennifer Miller has great costume pieces of jewelry that aren't too expensive but are still great quality.

Read more: Hilary Rhoda Shares Her Casual Chic Weekend Outfits - Hilary Rhoda's Weekend Style - Harper's BAZAAR

source: Harper's Bazaar. com

Last edited by DanceFashionista; 26-07-2012 at 12:34 AM.

26-07-2012
fashion elite

I would love to have her ABs or her body.. lol perfection!

26-07-2012
fashion insider

Hilary is shooting for NY Magazine today at Soul Cycle! She looks gorgeous
Posted via Mobile Device

31-07-2012
fashion elite

Weekend Warrior: Hilary Rhoda Preps for Summer Showers
July 30, 2012 12:15 PM by Hilary Rhoda

Look 1: This past weekend was a wet one! Most of the events I attended were outside, so I was hoping that the rain would hold off for most of it. Luckily for Friday's Cinema Society screening of Robot & Frank, the weather was kind to us! The party was held at a beautiful house on the ocean in East Hampton, with a big screen at one end of the pool, and fluffy white couches surrounding it for lounging and watching the movie outside. I wanted to be chic but still comfortable enough to lay on the couches for the movie, so I wore this Alice & Olivia silk chiffon blush colored dress because it has a lining that feels like I'm wearing a t-shirt underneath. I paired my Michael Kors rose gold watch with a friendship bracelet I bought in Jamaica last year. I love wearing my Rada necklace because it adds just the right amount of refinement to anything I wear it with, including a white t-shirt. All of Rada's jewelry is made by hand in Italy, and draws inspiration from an Indian and Indonesian aesthetic.

Look 2: Unfortunately the rain did not hold off for the epic shopping charity event, Super Saturday, in Bridgehampton. But that did not dampen anyone's mood to shop, shop, shop! Super Saturday was created fifteen years ago by Donna Karan to benefit the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund and almost every big designer you can think of donates their clothes for this event. All of the designer's booths were under tents this year so everyone still came out for this amazing cause that raised an incredible $3.6 million. Since this event is in a huge field, heels are just not an option. I slipped on these super comfortable, tan Cole Haan shoes to stay comfortable but still look fashionable. I wore white Helmut Lang pants which was kind of daring in the muddy weather, but the crop on these pants is just short enough. I love this Theysken's Theory silk tank top. The front has a very faded pattern of leopard that is barely visible, but once I turned around the purple leopard pattern is strong. I left the back untucked because I think it's so beautiful and dramatic.

Look 3: On Sunday evening, I went a little more rock-and-roll with my outfit. I think I got dressed in anticipation for my trip to Chicago next weekend for Lollapalooza! I wore a cool cut-up Wildfox tank top with a red, white and blue printed skull on it. The sides of the tank are cut out which gives a bit of ventilation in this heat! I love the bold color of this yellow Helmut Lang twist-front, asymmetrical skirt. The fabric of Helmut Lang's pieces is always so incredibly soft. This skirt has about three layers of paper thin burnout jersey material with a covered elastic band at the waist, so you can imagine how comfortable it is! It's the perfect amount of sophistication for a casual dinner at the beach with flats. Adding red lips really gives that glam rock attitude to the look, so I wore Estee Lauder's Pure Color long lasting lipstick in my favorite new shade, Red Tango. The color glides on smooth and creamy, and it really packs a punch. A lick of red lipstick with no other makeup looks so beautiful and fresh. I put Estee's Advanced Night Repair serum on a makeup sponge and dab it on my cheekbones for an extra dewy glow. I wear sunglasses 24/7 in the summer, so sometimes I forget I have pushed them up on top of my head! My Ray-Ban oversized aviators are conveniently doubling as a headband in this look. See you next week for some Lollapalooza chic festival looks!

Photo Credit: Courtesy Hilary Rhoda

Read more: Hilary Rhoda Style Diary for the Weekend of July 27, 2012. - Harper's BAZAAR

Her style!

Last edited by DanceFashionista; 31-07-2012 at 01:05 AM.

01-08-2012
fashion insider

She stars Neiman Marcus September Book with all supermodels right now!!
Posted via Mobile Device

03-08-2012
fashion elite

Neiman Marcus The September Book

She is just perfection for these type of Editorials

source: NeimanMarcus.com

03-08-2012
fashion elite

Hilary at The Cinema Society & Rent the Runway host a screening of Samuel Goldwyn Films’ ‘Robot & Frank

source: gettyimages.com

03-08-2012
fashion elite

Hilary at Ovarian Cancer Research Fund’s 15th Annual Super Saturday

source: gettyimages

03-08-2012
fashion elite

Hilary at The Cinema Society & Rent the Runway host a screening of Samuel Goldwyn Films’ ‘Robot & Frank

source: patrickmcmullan.com

03-08-2012
fashion elite

Hilary at Ovarian Cancer Research Fund’s 15th Annual Super Saturday

source: patrickmcmullan.com

03-08-2012
V.I.P.

hilary's style is fab! and the neiman marcus shots are beautiful!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, february, hilary, march, rhoda