How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-03-2013
fashion insider

^ Gorgeous shots Valentine27, thanks for sharing! I can't get enough of her hair colour

Quote:
The Ukrainian model Irina Kravchenko (Nathalie Models) outside Louis Vuitton show, Paris F/W 2013 RtW Fashion Week, March 2013.
swinging-paris

19-03-2013
V.I.P.

Her downcast glare is absolutely perfect.

31-03-2013
front row

Irina Kravchenko by Marijo Cobretti

Model : Irina Kravchenko
Photo : Marijo Cobretti

_____

Management Artists Go See (Apr. 4, 2013)

twitter/ManagementArt

Last edited by Cold; 07-04-2013 at 03:06 PM.
13-04-2013
front row

Thanks to everyone for posting
A little contribution with pictures from pfw (Loewe, outside LV, Roland Mouret & Sonia Rykiel Fall 2013), she was everywhere !

My pics

21-04-2013
V.I.P.

Alexander's Next Top Model
On the Runway, There Are Those Who Blend In and Those Who Stand Out. Alexander Wang and His Team Have a History of Picking—and Making—Stars.
By Matthew Schneier. Photographs by Magnus Unnar
Published November 29, 2012

Quote:
IRINA KRAVCHENKO, CENTER, POSES BACKSTAGE AT ALEXANDER WANG WITH WYLIE HAYS AND ASIA PIWKA.

Quote:
AFTER SEEING A CELL-PHONE PICTURE OF HER MONTHS BEFORE THE SHOW, WANG FELL IN LOVE WITH THE LOOK OF IRINA KRAVCHENKO, PICTURED WITH THE DESIGNER ABOVE. "THERE'S KIND OF A PROVOCATIVE WAY THAT SHE WEARS THE CLOTHES," HE SAYS. "EVERYTHING IS JUST BELIEVABLE ON HER."
Excerpt on Irina:
Quote:
The hunt for the next big thing begins immediately after the last show has ended. Bitton and Wang have been in communication about the casting since March. They've tracked a handful of candidates, many of whom will end up in the lineup, but zeroed in on one in particular: a snub-nosed henna redhead named Irina Kravchenko. She is 23 years old, five-feet, ten-and-a-half inches tall, Ukrainian, and speaks very limited English.

Bitton and Wang call her a new Freja, after Freja Beha Erichsen, the boyish, multi-tattooed Danish model who was a sensation a few seasons back. She, too, projected a sinewy, loose-limbed aura of not giving a sh**. If many new models—essentially, teenagers plucked from obscurity and sent around the world to be dressed up by teams of adults chattering in languages they do not speak—seem like lost sheep separated from the herd, Kravchenko is a wolf. "There's a certain toughness," Wang says. "There's kind of a provocative way that she wears the clothes, and everything is just believable on her. She's very blasé. She came and met with me and was just, like, 'OK? Can I go now?'"

Wang first saw a photo of Kravchenko two months before the show, when her agent showed him one on his smartphone while out one night. He has occasionally complained that his much-remarked-upon love of models has been overstated—"pigeonholed" is his word—but the way he speaks about models can seem like a religion, complete with icons and idols. "I was like, 'Oh, my gosh! You have to send her to me tomorrow,'" he recalls of speaking with Kravchenko's agent. "I knew from that one photo. I knew that I loved her and needed her." If there's a decisive moment in the career of Irina Kravchenko, it may be that one—at which she wasn't even present. "He had that in his head," Bitton confirmed. "I want to say that he might have captured that face and worked around it, because the minute he saw her, he was like, 'Oh, I love her.'"

Had Wang carried the image of Irina in his mind for months as he'd worked on and styled the collection? "Definitely," he said.

Saturday afternoon at the pier-side space where Alexander Wang shows his collection, the 43 models who will walk in the show are gathered in the hangarlike backstage area, having their makeup done, their hair blown flat, strips of tape applied to their heads. Liberty Ross, the English model-turned-tabloid-fixture, is among them. So is Alex's old friend, the model Erin Wasson, who has graduated from runway regular to a kind of emerita position, and now designs jewelry and, occasionally, clothing collections.

But the opening spot is going to Irina Kravchenko. She has been held back from all prior shows to make her grand debut here; before now, she has walked precisely one local fashion show in her entire life, back in the Ukraine. Wang's Spring collection is a dark, largely black-and-white riff on sportswear: padded sweatshirts, baseball jerseys, and dresses, riddled with cutouts and threaded together with iridescent wires that look like tiny fish bones. Kravchenko is wearing a black zippered jacket with a pull the size of a silver dollar, tailored shorts, and knee-high piecemeal boots that reveal slats of skin between their leather strips. After this show, she will go on to do several more in New York (Marc Jacobs, Victoria Beckham) and a handful of the best in Milan (Prada, Jil Sander, Marni, Bottega Veneta), then graduate to fixture status in Paris (Balenciaga, Givenchy, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Miu Miu, Valentino…). Kravchenko takes the key closing spot at Versus in Milan and opens Haider Ackermann and Viktor & Rolf as well. She is—model agents at rival agencies grudgingly admit—the new girl of the season.

But on Saturday afternoon in New York, that's all still ahead of her. Does she like her outfit? "Yes, very much. It's beautiful," she says haltingly. ("My English is very bad.") She's nervous, she admits. What will she think about just before she takes that first big step? "My legs are so angry," she says, with warrior logic. Forward march.
style.com

Last edited by ad31214; 21-04-2013 at 04:45 PM.
06-05-2013
front row

Interview May 2013
Photographer: Mikael Jansson
Stylist: Karl Templer
Hair: Shon
Makeup: Mark Carrasquillo

womenmanagement.blogspot.com

07-05-2013
V.I.P.

Irina Kravchenko: Top Model of Fall/Winter 2013-14

Quote:
WORLD- FashionTV highlights Ukrainian model Irina Kravchenko from the Fall/Winter 2013-2014 season. Her modeling agency is MONSTER Milan. In the Fall/Winter 2013-2014 season she walked in shows like Louis Vuitton and Paul and Joe.
youtube.com/fashiontv

21-05-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
#1% #irina#portrait #nyc #photographer #photo #fashionphotographer #fashionphotographer #paris

instagram.com/eddyming

28-05-2013
trendsetter

Il rigore romantico

L'Officiel Italia June 2013
by Pablo Arroyo

via Kati Nesher's thread/originally from bellazon.com

28-05-2013
front row

Quote:
Artists, architects, musicians - Marni creative director Consuelo Castiglioni's ingenuity has no bounds. Collaborations with Richard Prince, Matteo Thun and Kim Gordon left us in awe. Her latest joint venture is no different: for winter 2013 Castiglioni teamed up with young Argentine artist Romina Quirós. Intrigued by Quirós' organic forms and inspired by the artist's commitment to the environment, Castiglioni commissioned Quirós to create designs for the brand's top selling PVC shoppers, tees and iPad cases. Slightly Yoshitomo Nara in feel and ideal for any outfit, Castiglioni sure is a woman after our own hearts.
Russh Magazine

_____

Marni Winter 2013 Denim Collection

vogue.ua + fashiongonerogue

30-05-2013
_____

Portraits of the 2013 CFDA Superstars and their muses
Irina in Alexander Wang by Peter Lindbergh

nymag

30-05-2013
V.I.P.

Nice to see Alex showing off Irina as his muse, now it's time for a campaign with her!

05-06-2013
V.I.P.

Balenciaga Resort 2014

style.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
irina, kravchenko