How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-02-2011
tfs star

Would LOVE to see a full on Irina comeback! She looks so great.

21-02-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom View Post
Would LOVE to see a full on Irina comeback! She looks so great.
Totally agree. One of my favorite models EVER.-

21-02-2011
backstage pass

Showcard Milan F/W 11

models

22-02-2011
V.I.P.

CLose Up!!

elle

Last edited by makhiukwan; 22-02-2011 at 09:37 PM.
25-02-2011
V.I.P.

Love the coat Hope she's growing her hair out

front row

vogue.co.uk

02-03-2011
backstage pass

she has a gorgeous editorial in the last Purple...

04-03-2011
old-fashioned

Maison Martin Margiela FW 11.12

style.it

fashion elite

its only videos like that which make you realise that modelling is not all fun and games. Seh looks like she has almost given up the will to live!

were photos of her on the runway for that show ever posted? I dont remember seeing any...

07-03-2011
fashion elite

http://catherinedeneuve.tumblr.com/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tumblr_lhp5tpvdsG1qalq2yo1_500.jpg (267.1 KB, 12 views)

09-03-2011
fashion elite

style.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tumblr_lhs45mzPDr1qcnahgo1_400.jpg (58.7 KB, 16 views)

09-03-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Irina Lazareanu Rushes to the Aid of Wilting Models at Marchesa

We spent some of Tuesday and the first half of Wednesday questioning — maybe a little crankily — why Vanessa Hudgens would attend several fashion shows, yet avoid giving any front-row interviews. So, of course, we walked into the Marchesa presentation Wednesday afternoon, picked up some champagne, and … found ourselves chatting up Vanessa Hudgens.

Vanessa copped to being a little starstruck at her first fashion week. "I sat next to Kanye West at [Jeremy Scott's show]," she said. "It was awesome. We totally talked for a minute, he was so nice. He was Kanye. I felt like a baller." She did not say whether their conversation included any information about his interior-decorating problems — so often enumerated on Twitter — but maybe that's small talk for another occasion. Hudgens seemed calm despite her brush with Kanyeness, gleefully stroking the sides of her snug, red, ruffled Marchesa. "I'm totally standing here, like, petting myself," she said, with a laugh. "But it's so soft. I can't help it." We would've done the same in her shoes, which, incidentally, were brown YSL sandals — she said she wasn't totally sure they matched, but they were her best improvisation because of "a horrible packing job" after a month-long movie shoot in North Carolina and then a trip to Disney World. This is why knowing a bunch of clothing designers comes in handy. "I showed up to my hotel room and there were seven different garment bags all sitting on my bed," she said. "I got to shuffle through all of them, poured myself a glass of wine, and tried on these amazing clothes and had a great time."

Not everyone inside was having as much of a blast: Rapper Eve and Michelle Trachtenberg were all smiles, pointing excitedly at almost every single gown, but the girls actually modeling them were starting to struggle. They were positioned on pedestals under hot lights, wearing incredibly dramatic Louboutins with what looked to be six-inch heels that were as skinny as pencils (and no platform to mitigate the foot strain). As we rounded a corner, a wilting model started to wobble on her feet as a PR girl sped over to help her sit down, because the poor model looked like she wanted to vomit or pass out — or vomit and then pass out. Two pedestals down, another model had already been moved into a sitting position: She was staring at the ground as if trying to maintain her composure while another PR girl unhooked the tall lace collar of her (stunning) dress, and gave her water and peanut-filled M&M's.

We were trapped in the scrum between the two models — both of whom were the object of much sympathetic rubber-necking from the guests; they must have felt like exotic animals at the world's chic-est zoo — when we noticed standing behind us model Irina Lazareanu, wearing a white, feather-trimmed Marchesa with bowling shoes. Irina looked quite concerned about the first model, and although she exchanged worried glances with us, we never could have predicted what happened next: Irina turned tail in the crowd and fought her way back to the girl's side, where she appeared to give her a few sympathetic and concerned words of wisdom, or a pep talk of some sort. Irina then made her way back over to where we were standing. "It's so scary, this is so hard. I've been there. They're just babies. It's crazy," she said, totally unprompted. "They're just 16-year-olds. They've been here over an hour already. It's heartbreaking." We have to admit that we never thought much about Irina one way or the other, beyond wondering how we felt about her bangs on occasion, but she certainly seems awfully kind.

Irina then wandered off to continue her Model Humanitarian Efforts throughout the rest of the venue — where her ministrations were still needed, because a mere few pedestals down the row from the first two girls, yet another model had to be helped to the ground, and a fourth was only upright because someone was holding her hands while she gave her feet a break, one at a time. Amazingly, almost all the seated girls got back up and gutted it out, because they are pros. But between girls falling on the runway and swooning at presentations — or, in the case of the Chris Benz show on Monday, full-on fainting — we have learned two things for sure: We will never doubt another Top Model contestant who looks dolefully into the camera while dressed as a Zodiac sign and tells us modeling is hard work ; and we will never let anyone tell us Irina Lazareanu isn't awesome.
http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2011/...lazareanu.html

Quote:
Irina, le retour de l'atypique bombe anatomique...
Elsa Vecchi, collaboration spéciale
La Presse

La semaine dernière, rendez-vous est pris dans les studios de la maison Simons, à Montréal, pour assister en exclusivité à la séance photo de la prochaine campagne (femme) de Philippe Dubuc pour la fameuse chaîne québécoise, avec pour égérie... Irina Lazareanu!

Eh oui, la célèbre Irina, l'atypique bombe anatomique, l'un des mannequins vedettes les plus en vue de la planète, qui a commencé sa carrière ici, à Montréal, repérée par notre designer québécois, et dont nous vous avons retracé l'histoire dans ces mêmes colonnes. Quel incroyable parcours mené depuis huit ans! Huit années hyper prolifiques au cours desquelles Irina, de jeune mannequin faisant ses premiers essais avec le photographe Martin Rondeau à muse de Philippe Dubuc deux saisons successives (prêt-à-porter automne-hiver 2002 et printemps-été 2003 - photographiée par Martin Rondeau), est devenue une icône mondiale. Elle a flirté avec l'objectif des plus grands de ce monde, égérie de Karl Lagerfeld et des créateurs les plus en vue de la planète, en toute simplicité.

Le mot «simplicité» pourrait résumer cet instant magique au cours duquel la muse, le designer et le photographe se retrouvent, semblant fusionner comme si seulement quelques heures s'étaient écoulées. «C'est fou, on a tous tellement évolué et, en même temps, on est resté les mêmes», confie Irina, un sourire éclairant sa bouche en coeur. En vrai, sa beauté est étonnante, réelle, charismatique, réjouissante, exaltante, rock. «Irina est littéralement bluffante et inspirante, on a toutes envie de lui ressembler tant elle dégage une formidable énergie», résume très bien Marie-Claude Gravel, associée de Philippe Dubuc.

La mannequin croque énergiquement dans un sandwich, en faisant un clin d'oeil voulant dire: «Vous voyez, sur les séances photo, on mange.» Puis elle se lève, comme dans un tourbillon, pour rejoindre le plateau. Elle prend la pose, dans une veste et un pantalon d'un gris minéral, parfaitement architecturés. Son visage de porcelaine encadré par une coupe au carré floue se fait mutin, joueur, sensuel, caressé par une lumière qui épouse parfaitement chacun de ses traits. «Fais attention à tes mains», lui glisse Martin Rondeau, comme au bon vieux temps, et Irina s'exécute, à l'écoute, puis finit par se lâcher, connaissant par coeur chacune des postures qui permettront de mettre parfaitement en valeur le vêtement. C'est certainement à cela qu'on reconnaît aussi une top, c'est qu'on n'en oublie jamais le vêtement.

Justement, parlons-en de cette minicapsule de 16 silhouettes pour Simons, la deuxième du genre, qui sera en magasin à la fin du mois de mars. Un exemple de sobriété chic, à la confection impeccable et, franchement, encore plus aboutie que la précédente. «Ce sont des silhouettes aériennes, des découpes angulaires, rien n'est figé... tout est possible», indique Philippe Dubuc. Le temps d'une pause, Irina revient habillée d'une veste noire et d'un pantalon hybride, entre smoking et sarouel, l'un des succès annoncés de cette collaboration que le designer qualifie de «véritable lune de miel qui n'est pas prête de s'arrêter» - la collection de l'hiver prochain est déjà enconfection, sans parler de celle de l'été 2012 sur laquelle le créateur planche déjà.

Un petit détour du côté des portants nous permettra de voir (et toucher) des robes tuniques dont une en soie parachute bleu électrique, un t-shirt ample en jersey double face agencé à un organza de polyamide, un peu partout des contrastes de transparences et d'opacité, une veste en néoprène double face et aux coutures en bords à vif... «Ce sont des tissus très confortables, résume la top québécoise. Philippe aime les femmes et a envie qu'elles soient bien dans ses vêtements.»

On aimerait que cette parenthèse de mode absolue dure encore très longtemps, mais déjà, Irina doit s'envoler vers de nouveaux projets. Les défilés parisiens l'attendent, mais elle jouera aussi son rôle de chanteuse aux côtés de son ami Sean Lennon (fils de John et Yoko Ono) pour la fête Chanel, et de compositrice pour la trame sonore du défilé d'un autre Québécois, Rad Hourani. C'est le moment des adieux et des bises, sincères, qui claquent. Irina s'éloigne et crie: «Go Habs Go! Ah, j'avais oublié de vous dire, je suis une vraie fan du Canadien!» Alors vous serez toujours la bienvenue chez vous, Irina!
www.cyberpresse.ca

Irina, the return of the atypical anatomic bomb ...
translation

Quote:
Supermodelul Irina Lazareanu da lovitura cu vocea
Renumitul model canadian de origine romana Irina Lazareanu a oferit un recital de exceptie cu ocazia deschiderii unui magazin de fite in centrul Parisului.

Dupa ce a dat lovitura in complicata lume a modei, devenind unul dintre cele mai apreciate si solicitate modele din lume, romanca Irina Lazareanu (28 de ani) se impune si pe plan muzical. Posesoare a unei voci care l-a vrajit pana si pe producatorul Sean Lennon, fiul regretatului membru al trupei Beatles, Lazareanu, care s-a stabilit in Canada de la o varsta frageda, are tot mai multe angajamente in calitate de cantareata. Recent, Irina a fost invitata sa sustina un recital la deschiderea unui magazin de fite din Paris. Asezata mai mult in genunchi si fara sa isi lase tigara din mana nicio clipa, romanca a facut senzatie. Incantata peste masura de prestatia brunetei, Laetizia Crahay, patroana magazinului, a declarat ca va mai gazdui si alte concerte ale Irinei.

E preferata marilor designeri

Considerată astăzi unul dintre cele mai valoaroase modele din lume, Irina Lăzăreanu s-a născut în urmă cu 28 de ani, în Transilvania. La doar cinci ani, a luat drumul Canadei, împreună cu părinţii, în căutarea unui trai mai liniştit şi mai bun. Pasionată de dans, la 13 ani, s-a întors din nou în Europa, de data aceasta la Londra, unde s-a dedicat baletului. Din păcate, o accidentare la genunchi i-a curmat visul de dansatoare. Dezamăgirea, însă, a trecut repede, deoarece Irina a descoperit lumea modei. În timp record a devenit preferata marilor designeri şi a ajuns să prezinte modă pentru case precum Chanel, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, Anna Sui, Lanvin sau Versace. Fire veselă, s-a împrietenit cu Kate Moss, care i-a încredinţat şi sarcina de a face reclamă hainelor create de ea pentru Topshop. Recunoaşterea faptului că e o profesionistă în ale modei a venit în 2009, când a fost invitată să jurizeze emisiunea-concurs "Canada's Top Model". De curând, s-a apucat ea însăşi de creat haine şi şi-a prezentat public prima colecţie, care se bucură de un succes nebun în Asia. Talentele Irinei, însă, nu se opresc aici. Vreme îndelungată, românca a făcut înconjurul lumii, cântând cot la cot cu iubitul ei, rockerul Pete Doherty, cel care trecuse şi prin patul lui Kate Moss. De o bună bucată de vreme, Irina colaborează cu Sean Lennon, fiul regretatului John Lennon. De altfel, buna înţelegere dintre cei doi i-a făcut pe mulţi să susţină că Irina a fost legată nu doar profesional, ci şi sentimental de producător, informaţie care nu a fost niciodată confirmată sau infirmată oficial.

www.cancan.ro
Supermodel Irina Lazareanu voice kick
Renowned Romanian-born Canadian model Irina Lazareanu gave a recital at the opening of an exceptional foodie store in central Paris.
translation

09-03-2011
fashion elite

dont remember this ever being posted

Maison Michel Spring 2011

www.stylecaster.com

10-03-2011
V.I.P.

elle

12-03-2011
trendsetter

Okay Okay, So first I would like to know REALLY what she's into know because between the album which never came out. An half come back on the runways, a very breve engagement with Pete Doherty, some campaign here and there... Irina I love you but tell us what you want to do !!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
irina, lazareanu