How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

20-03-2009
V.I.P.

^ Ah, your English is just fine!! And I agree with everything you've said- and I think Karl can either be a great friend or a fearsome enemy- she must have gone too far at some point- he was very supportive of her for a long time...At the end of the Chanel Pre-Fall Show in London where she sang- she waved him to come up on stage with her at the end and he did- I thought it was just the sweetest thing- I got choked up... I think I have the video link if anyone would like it...

20-03-2009
V.I.P.

^ I remember that, I never thought that kind of relationship can end like this, maybe Karl expected her album to come out soon after the show...

Yes Boomer, her face does seem fuller in the latest pics.
I wonder why did she decide to show up in Toronto, maybe to support home FW. Surly she could have done some shows in NY, Milan and Paris if she wanted to.

20-03-2009
V.I.P.

Here's a feature on the Paris/London Show with Karl and Irina...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ0gYpWDO1Y

and the entire second half with her music and the touching part at the end...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqrDu...eature=related

20-03-2009
V.I.P.

I think Strange Places is the most beautiful, haunting song...
Here's a much better audio- the sound at the show was just terrible....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH-KV...eature=related

20-03-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irisue View Post
^I'm so sad to see our little irina have only one show during fashionweek(in canada!) or just just take pics for catalogues in asia.this girl used to walk 76 shows in a season,and as a muse for designers like Karl and Nicolas Ghesquière!I love her eyes,her face,her smile,her personality.She deserves better than that.
talking about Pete,I remembered the news in 2007 said that they were engaged after pete and kate broke up,but Pete regretted soon.no one knows the exact situation after that.later,in may or june(i forgot) 2008,we saw Irina appear in Pete's mv.So,I believe that they have really been together before,otherwise it will be too sad...but I wish they didn't.It's not wise for her career,as people in the industry might stop using her just avoid embarrass kate.and that man didn't cherish her that much.But,u know,love is blind.women are willing to sacrifice for love...
And i also read in a interview with irina said Karl is little bit angry about the dr*g things,and telling her to keep distance from those people.They used to be so closed,I remembered she said she often went to karl's apartment and sharing music and books,spending hours together but doing their own stuffs.That sounds so warm&sweet!I can't imagine what could make karl so angry,because i think both of them are very nice.hope she will come back to chanel.the backstage is quite boring without her.
please forgive my poor english,and those are just my personal opinion,i might be wrong....because the truth seems really complicated
Karl adores Hedi Slimane; Hedi loves Pete Doherty. Karl and Hedi are close friend so Karl can know Pete without Irina's contact. if Pete was the real problem then Karl would tell Hedi to stay away from him, but we never heard of it. so Pete's the issue that got Irina fired by Karl is dismissed.:p

20-03-2009
V.I.P.

I must say I know nothing of Pete's music- but his personal issues seem to make Keith Richards look like a choirboy... It may not be Pete per se that affected Irina's work or reputation, but the things that seem to go on around his lifestyle and social group- if you know what I mean...

20-03-2009
V.I.P.

^ yeah, it's not Pete, it's Irina trying too hard (it seems to me like that) to fit in his social group.

20-03-2009
tfs star

Doesn't Karl cater over people and then drop them unsuspectingly? Maybe their relationship went as far as he wanted it too...

21-03-2009
rising star

^^thanks Boomerand those videos are so lovely.I laugh loudly when the end of the first video,Karl even blew a kiss to Irina,didn't notice that cute action beforeAnd I agree with u,i think Karl is just like The GODFATHER

her song is so wonderful,this girl is such a poet.I used to listen it all day.but i have to say,She missed the perfect timing to release her album.as almost the whole world's fashion mags have reported that show and Irina for quite a long time,that's very precious free advertisement(How generous karl is!)
but now,after nearly 2 years,whether she release it or not,it will be a little bit embarrasing,i think.but i still hope i could have her record.better late than never

21-03-2009
V.I.P.

^^ Yeah, I kept hoping she would release a CD and have a gig at some hip, downtown New York club- the whole fashion and music world would have showed up-and the press coverage!! It would have been the event of the year!! What a wasted opportunity....

21-03-2009
V.I.P.

Who knows, maybe she will release it one day, just with much less hype.

21-03-2009
front row

more of Irina at Joe Fresh fall2009, She opened and closed the show.

blogto.com

Last edited by Ronchamp; 21-03-2009 at 10:53 PM.

21-03-2009
front row

Video of Joe Fresh... She's at 0:08 and 2:45.
[youtube]tpbf_zxME7U

22-03-2009
V.I.P.

she has deff lost something..

22-03-2009
Mr. Magic

LOTS of it

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2004, 2009, irina, june, lazareanu, november