How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-01-2005
front row

Tyra books 25 fashion shows her first year on the scene when she was, I believe 17.

I like her curves. People would pay millions to have a body like that, both men and women. It says when she crosses the street, she doesn't just stop traffic, she stop's time and the whole of New York city stands still.

and as for her "curves"...her measurements are 35-23-35

Last edited by Spring_Fever; 07-01-2005 at 01:29 PM.

07-01-2005
tfs star

doctors
if you object to janice's plastic surgery then you must object to tyra's also.
does tyra admit hers? janice is honest.

07-01-2005
front row

how do you know that Tyra has had work done?

12-03-2005
trendsetter

*whistles* I don't think tyras always had those boobs

Always Coming Back Home To You - Atmosphere
13-03-2005
clever ain't wise

Janice is one of the 5 best models of all time. She was a brilliant poser.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vogue_uk_february_1980_reinhardt.jpg (80.3 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg vogue_paris_august_1975_bourdin.jpg (163.1 KB, 61 views)

13-03-2005
trendsetter

I love this picture of her. How many have read her books?

Always Coming Back Home To You - Atmosphere
13-03-2005
tfs star

janice = high fashion
also janice was always a high fashion model in the 80s, she wasnt commercial like cindy crawford or other SI type girls. jan always kept it real for high fashion as did jerry hall, marisa berenson. lauren hutton & the other top top superstar girls of 70s /80s. every model who came after should thank janice for being such a high fasghion star & if you ask around youll see she was just as influential as naomi, turly or linda just 1 generation before them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_Fever
how do you know that Tyra has had work done?
a magazine has a column 'knifestyles of the rich & famous' where they have cosmetic expert doctors look at photos of before-&-after celebrities & they say what plastic surgery they had.
as I recall the docs said that tyra had lip injections, forehead wrinkles smoothed & possible nose work.
also her breasts have been augmented i dont know if its a lift or more but she has had breast work & maybe also lipo on her thighs butt etc. I no longer have this article but you could also google tyra plastic surgery & see what articles come up.

Last edited by lady grey; 13-03-2005 at 01:48 PM.
13-03-2005
V.I.P.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh boy. here we go:

ladygrey wrote -
"a magazine has a column 'knifestyles of the rich & famous' where they have cosmetic expert doctors look at photos of before-&-after celebrities & they say what plastic surgery they had.
as I recall the docs said that tyra had lip injections, forehead wrinkles smoothed & possible nose work.
also her breasts have been augmented i dont know if its a lift or more but she has had breast work & maybe also lipo on her thighs butt etc. I no longer have this article but you could also google tyra plastic surgery & see what articles come up."

---- no, no, no, no, and no. tyra is 31 years old. she's still very young, so her skin has not lost its elasticity yet. plus, she's black and it really is a fact that people of african descent have more melanin (sp?) in their skin which helps prevent wrinkles. (this is why you'll often see very old black women and they have the freshest skin). tyra has said on NUMEROUS occasions that she would never consider having plastic surgery. if you look at ANY of her older pictures, you'll see that her nose has absolutely NOT changed in the slightest way. she's got a gorgeous, perfect nose. neither have her lips. even now, when she smiles her top lip sorta disappears. that has always been the case and is still the case. if she had collagen or whatever else injected into her lips, it would NOT be the case.

her breasts. . . . .UGH . . .this is the argument that just doesn't stop. WATCH HER ON THE VS FASHION SHOW. look at those mamas bounce!!!!! they're not fake at all. hell yeah they're huge. and they've certainly gotten bigger since the early 90s when she started, but so has her butt and her thighs. its just her body. she was on conan o'brien last week and she came out in this black shirt that had her breasts pushed up like *WHOOOOAAAA*. and when she was walking, they were a bouncin. NOT FAKE.

as far as lypo on her thighs/butt. COME ON. look at her butt, it is NOT small. neither are her thighs. shes a beautiful/curvy woman.

and ladygrey, i apologize because i feel like i'm disagreeing with you in every thread i write in. but you're picking on my favs, so i guess that's why. lol.

bottom line, i've been a huge fan of tyra since she was Jackie on the fresh prince. and i really REALLY firmly believe that she has NOT had any cosmetic surgery whatsoever.

13-03-2005
V.I.P.

HOTNESS.

13-03-2005
V.I.P.

Janice Dickinson = My Idol

The reason why I like her is that she's a model, not a mannequin. There's so many models right now who have no personalities and she could give those girls a lesson.

And even though she isn't the first real "Supermodel" by name, she knew business. She knew what she was worth. Without her, models today would be paid as if they were working at Wal-Mart. And she actually helps the freshblood on how to cope with the fashion business.

13-03-2005
tfs star

time
heres the best way to look at the phrase supermodel' and try to choose who was the first.
lexus/nexus search shows that the word 'supermodel' was first used on carol alt in 1983. so by that evidence carol alt is the 1st supe.
but if you know models in 1983, carol was NOT the top model.
its entirely possible to say that janice WAS the #1 high fashion girl in 1983.
ergo janice WAS the 1st supe.
now, if you want to rewrite history, and call PAST girls 'supes' then there are other first supes:
lisa fonsagreeves penn, suzy parker, twiggy, pene tree, ali macgraw, lauren hutton marisa berenson. and maybe 30 other famous girls from 1940s-80s.
but if you say the term 'supe' started in 1983, then its janice, she is right.
after her you cld call christioe brinkley, cindy c, kim alexis, kelly emberg & a lot of other 80s+ girls supes. but if you say the term 'supe' started in 1983, janice and not carol alt, is the best choice.
so shes not lying.

13-03-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady grey
heres the best way to look at the phrase supermodel' and try to choose who was the first.
lexus/nexus search shows that the word 'supermodel' was first used on carol alt in 1983. so by that evidence carol alt is the 1st supe.
but if you know models in 1983, carol was NOT the top model.
its entirely possible to say that janice WAS the #1 high fashion girl in 1983.
ergo janice WAS the 1st supe.
now, if you want to rewrite history, and call PAST girls 'supes' then there are other first supes:
lisa fonsagreeves penn, suzy parker, twiggy, pene tree, ali macgraw, lauren hutton marisa berenson. and maybe 30 other famous girls from 1940s-80s.
but if you say the term 'supe' started in 1983, then its janice, she is right.
after her you cld call christioe brinkley, cindy c, kim alexis, kelly emberg & a lot of other 80s+ girls supes. but if you say the term 'supe' started in 1983, janice and not carol alt, is the best choice.
so shes not lying.
i agree, from the interviews i've seen with Janice, she never claims to be the first huge model, she just says she coined the terms and thus should be the first. I agree, there were definately well known models before Janice but none that matched her level and the term was never used prior to Janice so i don't find it being bigheaded of her to say she was the first supermodel either.

13-03-2005
clever ain't wise

Actually, I heard the word supermodel used last night when I was watching Gia's 20/20 interview. She was asked how she felt about being a supermodel. And this was in 1982. It was apparently starting to be used on television and in the media in general around 1982/83. At this time the huge models were Carol Alt, Isabella Rossilini, Kim Alexis, Jackie Adams, Jerry Hall, Iman, Janice, Gia, Christie Brinkley and above all Brooke Shields.

To me it was rather a sad time really....after all that decadent devil-may-care attitude of the likes of Patti Hansen, Janice and Gia comes the perfectoid broilers like Isabella and Brooke. Absolutely divinely beautiful but so middle class, so perfect and so so boring.....not my cup of tea, let's just put it that way! And fashion itself took a terrible turn for the worse! From disco inspired dark popper fun to some sort of grey, beige boring state of normality, broad faces, short hair and chunky silhouettes.

Basically, once the term was in use the people who truly deserved it were history. So, I'm glad Janice has come back to reclaim her title

13-03-2005
Rob
windowshopping

I like her, and shes hot

13-03-2005
tfs star

janice is lewis & clark of supedom
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa
Actually, I heard the word supermodel used last night when I was watching Gia's 20/20 interview. She was asked how she felt about being a supermodel. And this was in 1982. were Carol Alt, Isabella Rossilini, Kim Alexis, Jackie Adams, Jerry Hall, Iman, Janice, Gia, Christie Brinkley and above all Brooke Shields.

To me it was rather a sad time really....after all that decadent devil-may-care attitude of the likes of Patti Hansen, Janice and Gia comes the perfectoid broilers like Isabella and Brooke. Absolutely divinely beautiful but so middle class, so perfect and so so boring.....not my cup of tea, let's just put it that way! And fashion itself took a terrible turn for the worse! From disco inspired dark popper fun to some sort of grey, beige boring state of normality, broad faces, short hair and chunky silhouettes.

Basically, once the term was in use the people who truly deserved it were history. So, I'm glad Janice has come back to reclaim her title
I agree it actually could have been used circa 1981-82 somebody should find out exactly when carol alt got big cos she definitely got the first usage of that term- not that she was the #1 girl or anything. all your examples are valid- brooke, christie b, patti h, alexis, iman, all legit, rosselllini was a celeb first cos of her mom but agree I saw her in the 80s she is among the 5 most beautiful women Ive ever seen. brooke may have been the most mass-famous cos of calvin controversy but you cant forget that cheryl tiegs was also a mass-celeb so shes another commercial model that was at the top long time. even farrah fawcett was a model first but got famous on TV. but the bottom line is, janice is as valid as anyone to claim the title of '1st supe' so she is not exaggerating in the least in fact she was so true to the high-fashion thing [not commercial like alt brinkley otr tiegs] that jan is closer to todays highest high-fashion supes- and that means that every model that has come after her owes something to janice. I think a lot of models respect her immensely [for high fashion, best selling author & second career in 50s] but the few that try to cut her down should check her resume first & see that they dont stack up next to a real pioneering model superstar like hottie jan.

Last edited by lady grey; 13-03-2005 at 07:19 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dickinson, janice