How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-01-2004
rising star

She's a bit cartoonish, but she still looks great! Clawing for attention, but then she's one of the grandames of the Supermodel movement, so I guess she deserves a little...

29-01-2004
trendsetter

she's brutally honest, and I too think she's hilarious

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally posted by iluvjeisa@Jan 29th, 2004 - 11:36 pm
I think Janice is hilarious - everything she says cracks me up. First supermodel - wasn't that Suzy Parker in the 50s?

Janice in the early 80s
http://members.chello.se/unknown/strike/vo...1980_janice.jpg
Or Dovima? She looks sort of Asian in that photo.

29-01-2004
front row

http://v64.com/jan-24.jpg

http://v64.com/jan-11.jpg

http://v64.com/jan-27.jpg

http://v64.com/jan-8.jpg

http://v64.com/jan-17.html

she wwwwwwaaaaaaaaas quite beautiful!

29-01-2004
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally posted by BetsyJo@Jan 29th, 2004 - 2:29 am
She's almost as fake as those two bags on her chest that she calls breasts.
i know!

i saw the picture and the first thing i saw were these huge... things, hanging on her chest that are insanely obviously fake.

And the world will live as one..."
-John Lennon
29-01-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by tiffany@Dec 20th, 2003 - 6:08 pm
paris looks stoned
Paris always looks stoned.

My mum always says that its her eyes...there's something not right with them.

29-01-2004
tfs star

I like her sister Debbie more in the old pictures..

29-01-2004
clever ain't wise

Yeah, she looks a bit Oriental. I believe she convinced some Japanese costumers that she was of Japanese heritage - and that they should give her the campaign because of that. It worked.....

I think she got the implants because her breasts got huge when she was pregnant - and then their shape was destroyed after that when they shrunk back to normal. That's pretty common. Women want to improve their post-pregnancy saggy tits. I don't know, I think she looks rather cool, actually. Not dewy fresh anymore, but all the surgery goes well with her personality. She's supposed to release her new book 'Everything about me is fake - and I'm perfect' this spring.

29-01-2004
seagreen serenades

She made a similar impression on me when I was watching 'When supermodels ruled the world'. Saw it again last night and think she describes herself as the first supermodel, but she describes a supermodel as being a model one who is not only powerful and popular on the runway and in the campaigns, but also a bit of a diva and famous for more than just their work. Now I'm probably wrong, but Twiggy and her kind, despite their popularity, were never really divas of the industry, just very successful and loved. But the whole basis of the programme, documentary, whatever, was to mark the rise and fall of the supermodel elite and according to it, the status of supermodel is now lost with their power and the actresses are now the ones back in the spotlight.

Anyway, I don't like Janice

29-01-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by ykidkwis@Jan 29th, 2004 - 2:24 am
Twiggy was definitely one of the first if not THE first supermodel...who does Janice think she is anyway? By the way...does anyone have any current pics of Twiggy?
There are some current pics as well as tons of old ones on twiggylawson.co.uk

29-01-2004
backstage pass

Apparently, Twiggy has a solo album coming out in July?? hmm.. wonder what that will be like

I think Janice is definitely entertaining as a judge on the show, "America's Next Top Supermodel"

29-01-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Jan 29th, 2004 - 12:04 pm
She made a similar impression on me when I was watching 'When supermodels ruled the world'. Saw it again last night and think she describes herself as the first supermodel, but she describes a supermodel as being a model one who is not only powerful and popular on the runway and in the campaigns, but also a bit of a diva and famous for more than just their work. Now I'm probably wrong, but Twiggy and her kind, despite their popularity, were never really divas of the industry, just very successful and loved. But the whole basis of the programme, documentary, whatever, was to mark the rise and fall of the supermodel elite and according to it, the status of supermodel is now lost with their power and the actresses are now the ones back in the spotlight.

Anyway, I don't like Janice
Twiggy modeled for only four years, then pretty well dropped put of sight. The phrase of "supermodel" was pretty well created by the media. Chris Owen of Elite Models said it was a combination of factors. They represented the majority of the original "Supermodel Pack". Linda Evangelista and Cindy Crawford started off the movement , followed shortly after by Naomi, Christy Turlington and Tatjana Patitz. They're press coverage, million dollar cosmetic campaigns and lack of glamor in Hollywood at the time all set up the scene for the "Supermodel" phrase.

29-01-2004
backstage pass

I have to say I like Janice's attitude, she's pretty funny but takes herself a little too seriously sometimes...

Also, what has she done to her face?! I think she looks pretty now, but look what she used to look like! Way too much botox has really hurt her natural beauty...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EEK.JPG (38.4 KB, 226 views)

29-01-2004
Hoppity Hop

Quote:
Originally posted by LilyBird@Jan 29th, 2004 - 10:22 pm
...she's pretty funny but takes herself a little too seriously sometimes...
In my opinion, she takes herself seriously none of time. Boasts and puffery are her bread and butter. However she knows what she's talking about. It may not be evident by what she herself looks like though. But if I wanted to start a fashion magazine, I'd pick Janice to be on my shortlist of possible editors-in-chief.

What she has to say about her own self-history is more suspect than a guy selling radios out of his van. But her views on fashion are solid and I find myself agreeing with her quite a bit more than most of the time.

29-01-2004
front row

omg is that the girl the book was made...something about a lifeguard? i was on a plane once and a girl was reading that, and she let me see and there was hexa nude pics i was like uh oh thanks..haha

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dickinson, janice