How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

20-01-2008
Be a good one

Jenna Sauers
I think I have a new favorite new model! I first saw her on Elite Milano's site and was amazed by her bone structure. Its unreal! So while I was searching to find her NY agency, I came across a little blog of hers (and increase traffic to the blog...now!). Turns out she's quite the intelligent one, which only ups her cool factor. Anyway, she's with Next in NY.
Height 5'9"
Bust 83 cm
Waist 63 cm
Hips 91 cm

next models/modelwire and elite milano

She actually reminds me a bit of Rachel Clark in a few shots, like the one in the green dress.

21-01-2008
V.I.P.

Oh, nice find jules! it looks like she's from New Zealand

25-01-2008
Zenga Zenga

Very nice find ! I love her on the last three polaroids, she's got something really quiet and delicate as well as some strong features (nose, jawline and incredible cheekbones ).

28-01-2008
tfs star

Wow! Great blog! Great cheekbones!

Quote:
Today
Castings: 6
Castings where asked to walk: 3
Castings where asked to try on clothes: 2
Distance walked, in km: 0.5 + 1.3 + 1.3 + 0.2 + 1 + 0.2 + 1.5 + 0.3 + 3.6 + 0.4
Number of different Metro stations glimpsed: 18
Metro lines traveled: 1, 11, 9, 3
Number of times lost: 1, on way to last casting
Models skinnier than myself: N-2, where N is the total number of models at the castings
Quantity of biscuits eaten by over two dozen models at last casting: 3/4 carton
Quantity of pretzels consumed: less than 1/8 carton
Number who ate a slice of the pizza offered: 2
Number of models with recognisable faces: 0
Number of models with recognisable names: 1
Number of models who wore short shorts over black tights with heels: 6, including me
I’d never worn shorts over tights before, and had been saving the outfit because I thought it would be special. I spent far too much of the day tugging at a small hole in the tights to try and make the hole sit above the hem of the shorts.
It was a tough day. I need to drop the inches that have crept back on to my hip and waistlines (after being plied by long lunches at In N Out and Desperate Housewives-marathon snacks of oven fries and mayonnaise straight from the jar, those lengthening bastards) and I have to make my walk look, well, better. Nothing is free about this trip: My agency is advancing me the cost of my flight, my lodgings, living expenses, the cost of my handy book of maps, even the cost of François, but today I met The Accountant, the person who’s writing all the costs down and will be taking all of every check I earn until I get out of the red. (Advances for these kind of expenses are standard in modeling, and I knew before I came that I was inviting the possibility of leaving Paris indebted in more than one sense to my agency.) But the gut fear of not seeing a paycheque for months, and having of necessity to travel and amass more debt in that time, is real enough.
But I’m still in Paris.
And this is worth coming back to.

http://photojenna.wordpress.com/2007/09/

30-01-2008
Be a good one

Jenna is in one of the Rad Hourani casting video on models.com!
http://models.com/oftheminute/?page_id=2532

30-01-2008
tfs star

oooh I saw her there too -- those cheekbones.

01-02-2008
tfs star

http://photojenna.wordpress.com/

exerpt from blog:
Quote:
Since fashion week had not officially begun yesterday evening — things kicked off today with a massive parade of BlackBerry-dingling fashionistas, models in lockstep, singing stylists, and the requisite drag queens down Fifth Avenue, didn’t you hear?

Or at least that’s how I’d run fashion week opening ceremonies, if I were in charge of same — the show I worked was not a “show” but a “presentation.”

Instead of marching down a runway, we got our hair did and our shiny leggings shimmied into and our “Space Age Sophia Loren” faces on and our two-inch acrylic nails that impeded manual dexterity to an amazing degree, and then we posed. For two hours. In front of a gaggle of gawkers. Important gawkers, I’m sure.

The blonde in the middle of the top row, in the red-and-black dress, was from Australia and she was really cool. One of the girls had her period — you can perhaps imagine how difficult it was to place a tampon with those damn nails on. Toileting myself during my one break was hard enough — I had to get a stylist’s assistant to help me jack up the shiny tights. You have to lower the boundaries around your body a lot to model.

But hot damn! Did I love how I looked in the yellow get-up.

best model blog ever!

01-02-2008
Be a good one

I thought I saw her there!

07-02-2008
Be a good one

Alice + Olivia

nymag

08-02-2008
tfs star

hair & makeup testing, from her blog"

Quote:
My eyes snapped open at 8:30 and I headed to Midtown for a hair and makeup test at 10 a.m. Certain of the bigger designers will pay models they aren’t using in their shows significant sums of money (sums of money more significant, in fact, than smaller designers pay the models they are using in their shows) simply for the use of their hair and skin a few days out from the runway.

The team has at you, plays around with various looks, and then you try on some of the clothes to test how it all meshes. It’s basically being paid to play dress-up, only with more crud in your hair.

Quote:
This took four hours to achieve. I look like a black-eyed triangle-headed alien who gets her hair done either with or by Yulia Tymoshenko, except mine are five-stranded plaits, not three. Quite becoming, you must agree! Astoundingly, the hair team was the same Cockney-accented gay comedy crew who had me in stitches in Paris last season when they gave me a giant teased globe of interwoven curls.
There's more at the blog.

09-02-2008
windowshopping

Aw, shucks, guys. I'm so chuffed you should take notice of me and my fledgling modeling career! (Can I just say, for the record, that I'm 5'9.5" and my hips are 89 cm? OK, moment of professional vanity over.) I'm amazed at how quickly you got that image of Ghostface Jennah at A+O up here. What dedication! Let the Jenna-flattery resume

11-02-2008
tfs star

Great Blog Jenna! And fabulous cheekbones, as I have already said!

So... when you write your book, will it be about your experiences modeling? And are you staying in NY for a while?

Quote:
Ghostface Jennah has no comment on this modeling get-up.

Last edited by Fontenrose; 11-02-2008 at 11:47 AM.

11-02-2008
backstage pass

Jenna, I saw you on Modelwire under 1 Model Management. Switch?

11-02-2008
trendsetter

Very pretty girl
What's her motheragency?

11-02-2008
tfs star

Jules says Next.

Stupid Next site says 'Under Construction'. Stupid model agencies and their web sites. A fifth-grader wouldn't do that. [rest of rant deleted.]

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jenna, sauers