Jessica Stam (March 2010 - November 2010) - Page 141 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

14-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlooking View Post
she kind of reminds me of lindsay lohan right now.

I agree that she's lost that special something. Oh well, (ironically) she's doing very well.
no way lindsay lohan? maybe her hair color? but yeah, i also feel something of her charm kinda lost..

14-11-2010
front row

^ agreed

14-11-2010
scenester

she reminded me of lindsay at VS too! i'm hoping it's JUST at VS that she looks like this because at appearances recently, she's looked really good!

14-11-2010
rising star

I agree she's changed. But it's so sad, because her body looks soooo amazing this year, better than 2007 IMO.

I dunno, i may be way out of everything, but if she looks so different lately, could it be that, besides from the hair and the eyebrows, she did some surgery? Little tiny surgery, because something seems changed too in the bottom of her face, the lips or the chin, maybe?

14-11-2010
V.I.P.

^She's definitely had some subtle things done. It's been discussed before (in fact I brought it up too some time ago) and it seems no one really knows what exactly she's had done, but we're almost sure it's her nose and possibly her chin and cheeks, too.
In a way I think it's sad she felt the need to get those things done because she looks so different now and I barely recognize her sometimes, but then again I think she looks great and maybe even prettier than before.
And I think it's more a matter of her not taking care of herself that she looks kind of bad at the moment.

14-11-2010
rising star

When do you think it happened? 'cause of course she's getting work, but there's nothing HF now and i kinda miss that. I'd like to know when it happened to compare you know the work she's done since that.

14-11-2010
fashion elite

She was just in the November issue's of Vogue US, Vogue UK & Vogue Italia... that's high fashion enough for me..

14-11-2010
trendsetter

IDK I think she looks great in general & I think its great she's getting more commercial exposure in terms of Aldo and VS b/c she deserves it. But I do wish she could do both that AND continue doing a lot of high fashion. She looks especially tired on the red carpet for the VS after-party but since they do two tapings at once that makes sense.

14-11-2010
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanB View Post
She was just in the November issue's of Vogue US, Vogue UK & Vogue Italia... that's high fashion enough for me..
What i mean by work is something paid. Right, she did some things, but waay less than she used too. Maybe it's by choice, but idk, i miss her doing Dior, D&G, Prada and stuff!

14-11-2010
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malow333 View Post
What i mean by work is something paid. Right, she did some things, but waay less than she used too. Maybe it's by choice, but idk, i miss her doing Dior, D&G, Prada and stuff!
I agree campaign wise but the trend for big commercial companies these days is to hire high profile models so I guess it makes sense for her to move in that direction. I think she is still a pretty well rounded model though. Especially having walked Prada this past season I think it's safe to say she's still got it. She can basically do anything, high fashion, beauty, lingerie, commercial, etc. She's still a great editorial model as evident in her most recent editorials. I think she just looks a little over worked.

14-11-2010
VSFS 2009!

And I hate to pick on things (Especially since Stam was/is my first muse) but skin wise, she hasn't been great for a while now. I know she's always phased in and out between having either a flawless or a not so great complexion (model wise, of course ) but i think all the traveling and stress has exacerbated her skin issues, which could also be a factor to her not looking as "fresh'

The funny thing is that Stam is a natural beauty. I know make-up can make a huge difference so I can't throw in my $0.02 on the plastic surgery. But I remember when she opened that store in China last year with the pale skin and the honey blond hair and she looked gorgeous.

She looked amazing in VS 2006 and I don't understand why they had to spray tan her so much for 2010

I'm glad she's still successful and she had a great run this fashion week with all the big name fashion shows (Prada especially shows the booker/designer's loyalty to her since they like using uknown faces) but I really miss 2008 Stam sometimes.

ETA: I thought perhaps they over tanned the younger models with mild acne since darker skin shows less flaws. Understandable, of course. But I did note that the models with flawless skin ala Behati/Edita looked a lot lighter/fresher in pictures.

Last edited by TheGlassAngel; 14-11-2010 at 04:59 PM.

14-11-2010
scenester

Stam was one of my first favorite models and she still is one of my favorites- I remember when I stayed in NYC for a month I would always walk by her Aldo ads with Boyd Holbrook

15-11-2010
rising star

15-11-2010
backstage pass

Thank you for posting, flycat!! so lovely!

15-11-2010
V.I.P.

What's bad is the makeup.... She's lovely in the video but the tan/heavy eye makeup is not flattering.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, jessica, march, november, stam