How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-01-2013
fashion elite

Lovely showcard! The second shot, she looks like Lina Zhang in it

01-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Vogue Korea February 2013
'Mono Clone'
photo by Jang Hyun Hong
editor by Eun Young Son
model by Hyun Yi Lee & Ji Hye Park
hair by Ji Sun Han
make up by Jun Sung Lee
set by Young Joo Jung(DA;RAK)

digital edition of vogue korea 2013 feb via Raymond Kim

Last edited by lanvinray; 01-02-2013 at 09:48 PM.
02-02-2013
V.I.P.

Wow Ji Hye and Hyun Yi they look like a twin! love that editorial

04-02-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Exclusive Interview - Ji Hye Park

Inoubliable Model Army: Hi Ji Hye, thanks for shooting the breeze with Inoubliable Model Army! You've certainly had a busy few months since emerging as one of the standout newcomers of the Spring/Summer 2013 season. Are you pleased with how things went last season and are you able to single out any highlights of the season?
JHP: Last season was my debut abroad, and it was my happiest because I received positive feedback and grew as a model internationally. I arrived in New York, two weeks before fashion week and exactly ten days alter I was walking for Alexander Wang! This was an unforgettable event in my life because Alexander Wang is my favourite designer.

Inoubliable Model Army: Next up are the Fall/Winter 2013 collections, are you looking forward to the month long fashion frenzy and what do you hope to achieve this season?
JHP: Of course, fashion week is very busy and crazy, but I enjoy everything about modelling. I hope to experience and work as much as possible this season!

Inoubliable Model Army: The modelling landscape has changed considerably in the past few years with many Asian models being embraced by the fashion industry. Why do you think Asian girls particularly from Korea and China are making such strides in modelling at the moment?
JHP: Over the years, Asian countries and the people there have developed a lot of interest in fashion. Investment in counties such as China is growing rapidly everyday and I think the rest of the world has taken note. I think Asian models working in global markets today are very lucky to ride this wave of interest in Asia as a new and important part of the fashion industry.
Inoubliable Model Army: How old are you, how were you discovered, and tell us a little bit about where you are from in Korea?
JHP: I am 24 years old and was born in a small city called Dae-Jeon. I wanted to become a model so I left for Seoul (capital and major city in Korea) and walked into a modelling agency. After attending a modelling academy for a couple of years, I began working as a professional model in Korea. Actually, my story isn't that special, but at the time it was a big challenge for me to have the courage to leave my family and friends in my hometown to pursue my dream.

Inoubliable Model Army: Is modelling very popular in Korea and did you feel beautiful in your culture growing up?
JHP: These days in Korea, models are inventing themselves more than just as fashion models by taking on different roles within the entertainment industry, which has created more buzz and interest in models. When I was young, I did not like that I was tall, but now I think of it as an asset... without it I couldn't do what I'm doing today!

Inoubliable Model Army: Casting directors spoke last season of an aspirational type of beauty to describe the new wave of models taking over the runways. What is your definition of an apsirational beauty and how does this relate to you?
JHP: I think a person looks the most beautiful when he/she is confident within themselves. Right now I am ready for anything, thus I see myself as beautiful ;-).

Inoubliable Model Army: A super congrats on shooting with Steven Meisel for the Spring/Summer 2013 Louis Vuitton campaign! How did it feel to be working with one of the industry's most elusive and influential figures and did you pick up any new modelling insights from this experience?
JHP: When I heard the news about shooting with Steven, I literally screamed out in excitement. Steven is a very famous photographer and even the idea of meeting him in person made me ecstatic. When I first started modelling, I never imagined I would have an opportunity like this. Steven's photos are creative, dramatic and he is an inspiration to all.
Inoubliable Model Army: You've appeared recently in editorials for the Italian, Korean and Chinese versions of Vogue. Do you enjoy print work and how do you get into character for an editorial brief/story?
JHP: Photo shoots are really fun because I can transform into a different character. Like actors, models have to get into a role during a shoot. At first, I thought it was challenging, but it's now a lot easier and more fun to be involved in this creative process.

Inoubliable Model Army: There is also a more prevalent trend of models in their twenties breaking through to the elite level of modelling as you have done. Do you feel that being a little older serves to your advantage in being able to deal with the pressures of modelling, and what are your thoughts on the CFDA's ban on models under the age of 16 on fashion's runways?
JHP: As you age, you mature in sophistication and can find out what your interests and strengths are. So I think models who are older can handle themselves with patience and grace. Hiring younger models can be controversial, but there are some occasions when the spirit of youth is needed for a certain character or job. I also think that if a girl wants to be a model and is ready, she should be given the same opportunity and chance as anyone else regardless of age.

Inoubliable Model Army: You are often featured on style blogs, how would you describe your street style and which designers are you obsessed with at the moment?
JHP: My street style is easy-chic and mix-matched with modern and vintage. But I don't like to limit myself to just one style. Sometimes I like feminine, at other times boyish, chic or vintage. My favourite designers are Alexander Wang and Isabel Marant, their attitude and style works well with mine.

Inoubliable Model Army: What do you love most about modelling and if there was one aspect of the industry that you could change, what would it be?
JHP: I love that I can travel around the world through work. Long flights can be exhausting but I don't mind so much. Well, I am happy with modelling and don't have anything that I'd really want to change right now. I still have so much to see and experience, as last season was my first!

Inoubliable Model Army: One of the most enjoyable aspects of show season is meeting up with old friends and getting acquainted with new ones. Who are your closest model buddies and how important are those friendships for getting through the ups & downs of modelling?
JHP: I love running into other international Korean models like Soo Joo, Sung Hee Kim, So Young and Hye Jung at castings ad shows all around the world. Good conversations and stories together make me happy, and I think having a strong network of friends you love is essential to a model.

Inoubliable Model Army: What makes you "Inoubliable" (Unforgettable)?
JHP: Maybe my friends would be better at answering this, but I think they would say it is because I am able to enjoy life and be positive no matter what stress is going on. I think this gives off a good energy to those around me. Actually my motto is simple - "ENJOY!", so I think (or rather hope!) people are able to feel that when they meet me. I also don't feel much fear in life. I am sure of my goals so I even look forward to big challenges that come in the way. For example, when I heard that I had the chance to come to New York to be model, I just bought my ticket and arranged my own hotel right away. I was so excited to get started!
inoubliablemodelarmy

fashion elite

Quote:
Marie Vic x Elite NYC

Seven Top Models Assume Unlikely New Professions in the French Video Artist's New Short

The lives of a mechanic, maid and lifeguard take on glamorous new guises with a little help from models including Dorothea Barth Jorgensen, Cameron Russell and Hilary Rhoda in this new short from French video artist Marie Vic. Gearing up for the grueling month of fashion shows around the globe, the seven beauties in the film, all represented by Elite New York City, pose and preen in a tongue-in-cheek take on an alternative career path. “I like to play with props and I really take pleasure seeing things out of context,” explains Vic, who received an MFA in photography from Parsons The New School for Design and has exhibited at the Hendershot Gallery and Eyebeam in New York. “I wanted to compose an eclectic collection of ambiances where the models interact with an arrangement of accessories in a given area of New York to create an oxymoronic situation.” The varied locations include The Mark Hotel in Upper East Side Manhattan, a vogueing ball in Harlem and the boardwalk of Brighton Beach. Vic, who handled every aspect of the production apart from the music, filmed one model individually in each of the locales to create the disparate tableaux. As the director says: “The only thing that runs through the whole video is one pair of Pierre Hardy shoes!” We caught up with Maryland-born Rhoda about the pitfalls and necessities of fashion week.
source: NOWNESS

06-02-2013
V.I.P.

Ten Rookie Models to Watch for This Fashion Week

Quote:
Ji Hye Park (Elite)

--
Height: 5'10.5". Bust: 30. Waist: 24. Hips: 34. Shoes: 8.5.
--
Park was last season's sleeper hit who ended up with spring campaigns for Louis Vuitton and Diesel; a fine example of her versatility. With a tight spring 2013 couture showing at Chanel and Christian Dior, she's caught casting director James Scully's exacting eye, as he recently selected her as one of his favorite faces to break this year for Vogue.
--
Our prediction: Park's refined features and effortless beauty would sure look great walking down Jason Wu's runway.
nymag.com

06-02-2013
fashion icon

Orient Excess
Photographer: Mario Testino
Models: Sui He, Sung Hee Kim, Ji Hye Park & Fei Fei Sun
Styling: Lucinda Chambers
Hair: Sam McKnight
Make-Up: Linda Cantello
Nails: Sophy Robson

Digital Edition Vogue UK 03/2013 via Mat Cyruss

06-02-2013
fashion icon

Happy Birthday JI HYE

twitter.com/ELITENYC

07-02-2013
V.I.P.

Happy Birthday Ji Hye! I wish you all the best in you career!

fashion elite

Happy Birthday Ji Hye! Saengil Chuka Hamnida!

V.I.P.

Happy Birthday!!!

07-02-2013

Saengil chukha hamnida

08-02-2013
fashion elite

Ji Backstage @ JasonWu!

source: nytimes

08-02-2013
V.I.P.

Jason Wu F/W 2013

nowfashion